Minimum System Requirements

> Minimum System Requirements thread.

What’s the absolute minimum hardware you could tolerate to use on a daily basis?

I just plugged in my wife’s old computer with an i7 920 and 6GB RAM and it wasn’t really any worse than my more modern system for normie stuff.

It had GTA 5 and it ran good, it’s got a GTX 580 3GB, and I’m sure the huge amount of VRAM for a card that old helped a lot. It was like 1440x900 on medium-ish settings.

If my computer went up in flames, I could use it as a daily driver without hurting too bad, I guess.

I think I could live dual-core i3 with Hyperthreading just so long as it has an SSD at least for the OS. I don’t know if I could deal with having 4GB RAM or less. Any midrange GPU from the last 7 years would be fine. I’d just have to stick to older games.

If you’re in poverty hardware, how are you getting by? I’m just curious. And post those speccy’s and neofetch, I wanna see them netbursts and Semprons running at 80C begging for the sweet release of death.

Attached: image.jpg (472x500, 111K)

fuck off with your gay gamer shit, i could live with windows xp 64bit on a faster pentium 4 with 2gb ram easy or even linux would run fine with that.

I use this laptop not because it's the only one that I have, but because I unironically like 4:3 aspect ratio, and the keyboard is god tier for typing emails, etc.. I could get by on this machine for everything aside from vidja.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-24_17-05-39.png (820x514, 83K)

It's a latitude D610 btw.

this

I could get by on a HP t620 thin client. Set one up for someone recently. Mainly I am connecting to remote desktop or vm's hosted elsewhere.

Hi Steve!

hi

Nothing wrong with Nehalem/Westmere on X58. My X5675 @ 4.4 GHz runs gaymes and everything else fine.

3950X NVLink 2080 Ti Super ftw3

Hi Steve

Ok. Have fun browsing with like one and half tabs I guess

If you browse useful websites you're fine with 2g ram. Do you have a bunch of facebook/netflix tabs open? I have 16g and there are usually more than 14g free even with 3 or 4 firefox windows open.

My daily machine for shitposting or just regular content consumption is a Intel p8600 and 4GB of ram with windows 7.

I feel that it handles pretty much every task though I would advise against watching anything over 1080p as or starts to struggle.

A lot of non-hp core 2 duo prebuilts can be upgraded to a quad core xeon if you're willing to spending a couple of hours reading up on modding bios. You can get these machines for free if you rummage around.

anything x86_64 with a gig of ram and 64kbps dl internet would do me fine at this point.

Besides my desktop computer I have a small touchscreen laptop with a 2c/2t 2ghz Celeron and 2gb Ram, running W8. Works fine for basic word/excel work and emulating GBA games during bus trips or whatever.

A first gen i3 + 4GB would be fine if I didn't wanted to play games

X58 bros report in!

Attached: images.jpeg-3.jpg (300x278, 17K)

I'm using an X5670 in my main desktop, unoverclocked

I could probably make do with less if I had to though. I lived off my Thinkpad for six weeks or so when I was getting ready to move, that's a 2c/2t 2.something GHz C2D with 4GB of RAM.

this
Pentium 4, 2Gb RAM and 128GB drive covers all the bases.
Throw in the Voodoo2 for premium gaming and graphics work and you can no longer find any fault to complain about with such an amazing setup.

I use one of those low power Xeons, overclocked. It's really nice.

My brothers of african origin.

Attached: cachemem - Xeon X5650@4600 - DDR3-1333@[email protected] (539x518, 91K)

I've heard bad stuff about those P6Ts, bröther. Hope yours is doing fine.