See OLED demo in store

>See OLED demo in store
>Instantly buy one the spot.
I thoght Jow Forums said OLED was a meme. When comparing it to the LED screens I actually let out a loud laugh at the store. The difference is fucking orders of magnitude better.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 22.12.40.png (1062x812, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nOcLasaRCzY
rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/contrast-ratio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

t. OLED shill

yeah LCD black levels are pretty much intolerable for movies

>The difference is fucking orders of magnitude better.
Yeah, and so will be the difference in your wallet as well as your screen once the burn-in starts. Enjoy!
youtu.be/nOcLasaRCzY

if movies/raw anime, then congrats, you made the right decision.
if gaymen then rest in pepsi

Yeah I bought one because they're cheap too. Better quality than my monitor and $800 less expensive too.

It's a meme because of burn in and the LEDs degrade at a different rate depending on the color, so over time it loses any color accuracy it had to begin with.

If you're cool buying another OLED is 3-5 years, it's fine i guess.

Should i? It's just 2k €...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

That video shows pretty clearly as long as you don't blast it with static logos burn in isn't an issue.

> plasma owner
> oled owner
They're meant for people who watch movies and quality content that DONT HAVE NIGGER TIER BANNERS ALL OVER THEM

LED is fucking disgusting. I am willing to take the risk with burn in on my OLED. In all tests the only burn in on OLEDs was from news channels like CNN. Only a fucking retard would use an OLED for CNN. I've had no burn in on my c7 in 2 years.

I own an OLED thinkpad and I am upgrading to this.

I saw a demo of an LG display with under water shots of a girl on surfboard and it's just ridiculous recently. I'm looking for the demo footage online, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 5.35.04 PM.png (1690x876, 1.44M)

I'll stick to my TN panel for the high refresh rate.

The new 55" LG for this model year is 4k OLED with a native 120Hz refresh rate, and HDMI 2.1 for adaptivesync.

> >Instantly buy one the spot.
> I thoght Jow Forums said OLED was a meme
You are a meme.

Enjoy your task bar burn-in.

Yeah, it's pretty great. It's not perfect, but then nothing is. I could never go back to LCD and its godawful black levels though. The drawbacks of even FALD displays are far worse than OLED's.

>linking Rtings' video where they recommend OLED to back up your point
Nice job. Try something from that fucking lunatic Quantum Apotheosis next time. He's always good for a laugh.

Enjoy your garbage and milliseconds you can only pretend to be able to differentiate.

Attached: 0.png (862x459, 218K)

But what about the response time?

I am a videophile I spent 5k on a plasma years ago and OLED was the closest thing I have seen to plasma so far. This was quite cheap in comparison for only 1200 dollars. Who the fuck knows when microled will be here. And new tech like that costs a fucking fortune the first year.

Whatever, not everyone is made of money and there's a reason microLED is being worked on.

My OLED thinkpad has CRT level response time. And hooking up a thunderbolt 3 1070 egpu I can get 60fps at 1440p.

Attached: Capture.png (268x706, 23K)

Response time is excellent.
>80% Response Time :
0.2 ms
>100% Response Time :
2.4 ms

Input lag is also pretty damn good
>1080p @ 60 Hz :
13.5 ms
>4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 :
13.3 ms
>1080p @ 120 Hz :
6.8 ms
>1440p @ 120 Hz :
6.6 ms

Only real issue comes with the variable refresh rate, which doesn't work on anything but the Xbox One X at the moment, and only works with SDR colors due to a bug that should be fixed eventually.
>The LG C9 has a native 120Hz refresh rate, and it supports VRR, which is great. Unfortunately, it only supports HDMI Forum's new HDMI-VRR format, which is not compatible with FreeSync or G-SYNC. The only device currently on the market which supports HDMI-VRR is the Xbox One. We tested it for compatibility with the Xbox One, and it does appear to work, but only in SDR. If HDR is enabled on the Xbox and you are in Game mode, the screen flickers constantly. LG has confirmed that they are working on a fix. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to determine the VRR range with an Xbox One.

>It is unlikely that HDMI-VRR will remain an Xbox exclusive format. If updated drivers or new graphics cards are released that support it, we will retest the C9 to determine the VRR range.

Did you get burn in with it?

I really want a new laptop, preferably 4k and those are all OLED.

>OLED was the closest thing I have seen to plasma so far
/thread
plasma is still king, at least until dual-layer backlit screens hit

Firefox + auto full screen addon
Auto hide windows task bar. Thats it. Worth the sacrifice for not having to deal with shitty LED displays. And you get about 1 inch extra screen real estate.

Attached: Capture.png (528x679, 50K)

Also no burn in. But if it worrys you go for a IPS display

You're delusional. MicroLED TVs, should they ever actually make it to market, will be prohibitively expensive for years, so you'd better be made of money if that's what you're holding out for. And that's if/when they even make it to market, which isn't going to be any time soon. Even Samshit are now beginning trial production of their own TV-sized OLED panels, and they're the ones who've been pushing the fairytale about MicroLED.

You could buy an OLED today and it'd be totally obsolete and in need of replacing by the time that MicroLED TVs are actually on the market and remotely affordable (if they ever actually work out the problems with it).

The only thing plasma has going for it is superior motion handling due to being an impulse-based technology, but clearly you don't care about that if you're waiting for another LCD band aid, since that'll still be sample and hold. OLED wipes the floor with plasma in every other respect, from brightness to black levels to resistance to permanent image retention.

There really isn't any fair comparison with other TVs. Samsung's new top of the line QLED makes a decent try, but it is more expensive than the OLEDs. You just can't beat the perfect contrast and excellent color accuracy that OLED delivers. I love my 2018 E8 and will for some time to come. Burn-in isn't a realistic issue with the newer OLEDs unless you are blasting shitty network TV all day at max brightness or playing some game at max brightness for 5+ hours. They've done a whole host of things to make OLEDs far more resistant to burn-in on the recent models.

That footage is from one of the two video clips LG includes on the internal memory of their OLED TVs. The clip is called "Fiji." I know there are YouTube channels that reupload all of those manufacturer showroom videos so it should be findable that way, but if you want it in source quality, you'll have to either find it on some filesharing website or just get an OLED. :)

I got the last generation plasma and oled does not impress me.

What do you think windows logo/fullscreen bar/taskbars are?

LMAO

I watch movies and shows on an OLED, not compute.

2016 LG OLED here. No burn in yet. Even image persistence rarely happens. Overnight standby and it's all gone. I calibrate and use colored slides to check occasionally.

Yes, if you're willing to baby your display and actually put in the conscious effort of making sure nothing will burn in, then yea, it'll be fine.

But some people just want a TV that they don't have to worry about, even if left on 24/7.

Let them eat cack

>uses TV
>2019
Retard?

Fucktard

OLED image quality isn't a meme. With proper calibration an OLED will always beat an LCD. The issue is that the panel will burn out in 10,000 hours while my LCD costs half that and will live a much longer life because it doesn't have a major "designed to fail" component like OLED pixels.

That's literally 15 years of watching 2 hours per day.

Welcome brother. Prepare for poorfags to seeth at you

Attached: IMG_20190101_095331-2320x1740.jpg (2320x1740, 619K)

Thinking about another laptop with that same 4K Samsung panel.

Is your OLED display glossy? I usually prefer matte. How do you like it?

true, I did basically the same thing. I went to the store and asked the guy to play the same 4k video on an OLED and QLED tv. OLED was much much better in all aspects. I then went home and ordered one from LG.

The point here is - don't listen to all those fucking poorfags on Jow Forums. They cannot afford cool stuff so they shit on it instead.

How am I delusional? I didn't even mention anything about microLED other than it's being worked on. And OLED monitors/laptops are expensive even now, so, what's your point? And it's not like they've taken over, at all.

That's literally not if you look at any tests ever.

Throwing money at the problem doesn't solve it. Here's the issue:

I'd rather have 10000 hours of great experience than 20000 hours of staring at shit

Why aren't there any normal size OLED displays? By normal size i mean 24 - 32 inch, i just cant use 55 inch panno to replace my current monitor.

>With proper calibration
calibrated weekly, on a per pixel basis?
and then you'll still have inaccurate oversaturation

OLED looks good, but there's no way you'd ever get me to spend a cent on it. Mico-LED + QLED panels are releasing soon, and it won't result in pic related within a year.

Attached: burn in.png (1366x768, 235K)

OLED doesn't look bad in the beginning.
But come back in one or two years and tell us "it's great" again.

>watching tv
>2019
do normies actually do this?

>Mico-LED + QLED panels are releasing soon

see

K. Not sure what that has to do with Micro LED combined with QLED. The Quantum dots will match the color saturation, and the MicroLED will be able to turn off individual pixels, just like OLED. The only difference is that you won't have any burn-in.

>hey guys, there's this designed to fail mechanism but that doesn't matter
Come on... I don't think top of the line IPS LCD panels are so behind. They're used for professional photo/video editing, nowhere are OLED monitors/TVs used for that.

Modern lcd black levels are perfectly fine it's not the early 2000's anymore. Enough with the shilling.

Fuck you zoomer
I want to play Thief and Deus ex like I used to on CRT, not having to brighten everything the fuck up in dark areas.

>the difference is better
Either "it's orders of magnitude better" or "the difference is in orders of magnitude"

>every oled is a samsung amoled
no user

you do know QLED is just fancy marketing for LCD?

t. Samjeet shill

How are those QLED sales, lmao?

That's a weird way to say mLED

>vapourware

t. dumb cunt that used a Galaxy S3 once.

You know the reference monitor used for editing and releasing fucking Hollywood movies is an OLED?

But what do these clowns know, they should be using your $70 TN panel because it has a sick response time, yeh??

OLED
Most don't have high enough nits for really good hdr.
Burn In. (especially with retro stuff that utilizes ossc or a Framemiester.)
Excellent blacks
Can have motion handling issues due to sample and hold tech.

LCD
High nit levels
No burn in
Actually do have deep blacks. And you don't need auto local dimming for this, although it does help with hdr. (Sony has a10,000 nit LCD prototype.)
Can also have motion handling issues due to sample and hold.

this, not to mention the intrinsic blotchy backlights of LCD shits

QLED is the best TV technology you can buy at this time.
It has great colours, contrast and no burn in.
Yes OLED looks a tiny bit better, but you have burn in and OLED shits the bed over time (faster than any other display techs) and is almost equally expensive.

Prove me wrong

>IPS
>great contrast

Attached: 1504255747523.png (600x425, 443K)

>QLED
Shoo shoo, samjeet street shitter. There is no such technology, it's just you trying to trick people into thinking that QLED aka IPS + QD is somehow related to OLED.

>sharper images of the garbage
HURRAY!

t. luddite

Find out what professional video and image editing studios use.

not because of the contrast, that's for sure

Yes, for color accuracy, not for good contrast ratio for movie watching.

Many LED TVs are VA panels because of the higher contrast ratio.

>2019
>a fucking television

Lol

QLED is VA so the contrast is 3000:1 or 5000:1

Absolute fucking bullshit. "QLED" is nothing but a Samshit marketing term. They're standard LCDs. The "great colours" also come at the cost of throwing colour accuracy out of the window. Literally every other major manufacturer wipes the floor with Samshit for colour accuracy, both before AND after calibration (Panasonic being the absolute best in this regard). Samshit's local dimming algorithm (necessary to hide LCD's dog shit black levels) is also terrible and overly-aggressive, just plain scrubbing out shadow detail and even small highlights in favour of deeper blacks. Watching a film with space scenes on a QLED with FALD is hilarious, because half the stars are missing due to this issue.

Samshit's TVs are the worst on the market when comparing things of equal price points. They know it too, which is why they're desperately trying to get their own OLED spin-off with slightly modified technology ready, so that they won't have to bite the bullet and buy panels from LG like everybody else does. Samshit know full well how good OLED is, because they've been pushing it in their phones for years. They're the largest manufacturer of OLED panels on the planet by volume - just not in TV sizes (yet).

In fairness, Samshit TVs use VA panels, not IPS.

QLED is mostly IPS, so 1000:1

That isn't true though. Almost all of their TVs are VA, including all QLEDs.

rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/contrast-ratio

not on a laptop bro, the taskbar WILL burn-in

Oh yes please enlighten us on how your bargain bin IPS monitor is such the better experience and how TVs are just normie tech

>neeed bigger bedroom monitor/tv
>oled minimum size is 55"

Attached: 1232692559527.png (575x353, 136K)

4K at 55” is actually still more dense in PPI than a 24” 1080p monitor, it’s just a lot of pixels

not really, I own a 40" 4K TV and the pixels aren't that small, 3DS tier PPI. but I dont use it as a monitor.

It is, and they are.
TVs are the most worthless form of tech. Even worse is that you can't but a TV that isn't "smart".

I don’t see how unless it’s not a 4K TV or you are just really used to high PPI displays
My 49” 4K Sony has quite the smaller pixels compared to my 27” 1080p and is on par with another 1080p screen that is smaller (I forgot the exact size but it’s in the 22-23” range)

>you are just really used to high PPI displays
most likely, my laptop is 13.5" 3000x2000 which I use the most often now as the desktop monitor looks like ass compared to it.

>Burn in
>Don't blast static logos
The issue is actually:
>eneven pixel aging
How do you stop that?

it's just way too big, the sweet spot would be 38"-40"
same width of a 35"/38" 21:9

>1000:1 native contrast is a better experience than the 5000:1 or even inf:1 you get on almost any TV and OLED respectively

>4K at 55” is actually still more dense in PPI than a 24” 1080p monitor

No it isn't

3840x2160 @ 55" is 80 PPI

1920x1080 @ 24" is 92 PPI

Oh lord, please tell me you watch movies, tv shows, YouTube etc hunched over a desk with a computer monitor and are feeling superior to people about it. I’m sure all the “normies” just don’t realize how awesome that is and how much of a genius you are for figuring it out. Idiots with their comfy couches and big TVs right? I’m sure it has nothing to do with you being used to watching media that way from hiding in your room with your computer because you are too socially awkward to be around your family right? I’m sure there’s no correlation there. After all, most people don’t actually know what a computer is, surely. So that’s why everyone isn’t using them to watch movies.

>I thoght Jow Forums said
Jow Forumsay is always about poorfag COPE
why do you think anyone would use loonix and old thinkpads?

Not gonna lie lads, sometimes I wish I had a nice 27" 1440p or 4gay OLED panel that I could just swap out.