Is this true about LCD screens?

Hello everyone,, hope you all having a great time. so, the other day while i was working, i left my Mac on for several hours with not activity on the screen, my friend told me (who is also a mac expert) You should turn on the screen saver... otherwise your LCD could get damage pixels. i told him: as far as i know it only happens with the 90's monitors.. not with the new ones especially if we talk about LCD or LED, and then we all started a discussion about it at the office.. So what do you guys think, is it ok to leave the screen without activity for several hours or do i have to enable the screen saver? Thank you all ;)

Attached: 1.jpg (780x449, 39K)

Yes you can burn modern displays. They don’t burn as quickly or permanently. But they do burn.

Plasma TVs suffer from this easily. I had like one day when I had a ghost line of my task bar on my previous flatscreen monitor, but it went away after a while and other than that I've never had a single issue.

>macshit
Found your problem.

you sound either retarded, foreign or underage.
lcd panels do not suffer from burn in. old crt monitors did. oled and amoled displays suffer from burn in too. microled displays do not. you don't need a screen saver on your mac with an lcd, if it did, screen saver would be turned on by default.

English is not my first language... Spanish,english,French... in that order.. How many do you speak? if the anwers is not 4.. the Shut the fuck up .. thanks for your reply ;)

Les macs ne sont utilisés que par des gens qui sont sexuellement attirés par les personnes de même sexe.
Va te pendre.

dutch, french, english and german actually.

Nice! you know how to use google translate! Congrats :)

Google translate is worthless when it comes to French.
But nice try at a comeback. Ce sera pour la prochaine fois :)

And you forgot to mention, hungarian and english from the UK... Congrats btw ;)

>dutch
>german
That's like claiming you speak US English and UK English

Google translate is worthless when it comes to any language,,, but thanks for the reminding this to everyone.. have a good day

you're not intelligent are you? dutch differs a lot from deutsch.

poo in loo

Both are worthless dying languages.
You should focus on real languages like English

i have, what do you think i'm typing? i prefer english over every other language i know.

Thats true English is the most important language of all time... But its great knowing about others.. when a language dies... History dies as well

Good and you better remember the US of A are the best and richest and the most free country in the world.

Ok, too much internet for today.....

LCD (sometimes called LED, based on back-light type, because old LCDs had fluorescent tubes) don't suffer from permanent burn-in, but you may have ghosting of sort.
Plasma, OLED, AMOLED, CRT are all susceptible to permanent burn-in.
>LCD could get damage pixels.
You may burn out your back-light, but not pixels themselves.
Anyway, you better turn off screen after 5 minutes without activity.

CECI
Allez vous pendre les McFaggots sans déconner

>the most free country in the world.
With the bestest education.
And the most people in jail of any "free" country.