Anyone got their GPD MicroPC yet?

Anyone got their GPD MicroPC yet?

Attached: 7B26783D-5672-4708-80EF-4B049F13E8B9.jpg (900x721, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/project/preview/d8689ad2#/
youtube.com/watch?v=0JkxGP9il9g
hothardware.com/news/gpd-win-max-handheld-gaming-pc-leaks-amd-ryzen-embedded-apu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What makes this better than a aspire one?

11 years newer, 8 times more memory, SSD, RS232, decent battery, like half the size...
so, everything about it, I guess

I can't imagine getting any actual work done on that thing

My goodness, that keyboard layout looks terrible. Is it so hard to knockoff the Vaio P?

Attached: Sony_VAIO_P.jpg (800x600, 131K)

But Linus Tech Tips says it's shit.

>all that wasted space for touchpad
where's the clit?

wasn't interested due to already having a win 2, but looks like a very cool device. I'm glad UMPCs are making a comeback as the niche devices they are

>11 years newer, 8 times more memory, SSD, RS232, decent battery, like half the size...
>so, everything about it, I guess
And still a useless piece of shit

It's quite comfy

Can you type comfortably with it? I'm kinda interested because of the size but I do t want to pay 350 for a meme product so is it any good?

>1 year warranty
lmao

not an argument

Pocket P2 Max looks much more comfy for typing, but the Micro's rs232 and full sized proper gigabit eth0 is patrician sysadmin tastes

indiegogo.com/project/preview/d8689ad2#/

Attached: ciao8ezasr0pmpzaoenz.jpg (695x460, 23K)

comfy is an argument

No. GPD Win or Win 2 are the only good handhelds from GPD. At least you can type on them without laying the device on something.

is it for h4cking?

It's for p0rn

whata the point of these?

genuinely considering the P2 MAX. the keyboard looks quite promising, but obviously there's no where I can test one out.

Attached: 1516318452207.jpg (700x658, 77K)

It's so tiny are you compensating for your large dick or something

I was under the impression a lot of people think these are great because of the embedded serial port on the back, which is ideal for legacy applications like old digital signage up on billboards and stuff where taking a fuckhuge laptop100ft in the air or rigging a long cable might be a pain in the ass.

Sure you could use a usb adaptor, but i have also heard they dont allways play nice.

>low quality Chinese laptop with an intel processor
How could a device possibly be any more compromised than this?

It's not really that comfy though. Too small to type on, cheaply made. It'll end up in the same drawer cheap Android tablets go.

C-cute

Will get a micropc whenever they fit an AMD APU and 4 gigs of ram in it.
Wanna play jagged alliance 2.

Based lon will give us a fair rundown.

youtube.com/watch?v=0JkxGP9il9g

If it had VGA out too, and was in a rugged drop resist/water resist case it might be pretty useful as a highly portable system for embedded systems out in the middle of nowhere that cant be accessed remotely.

As it is though, it is just a middle stopgap and doesnt do a niche thing well enough to justify it existing imo.

If they hardened it and added a few more legacy features id be fine with it being twice the price.

because these exits (gpd pocket 1 on left, pocket 2 on right)

Attached: gpd-pockets.jpg (1280x669, 141K)

>celeron
>still no LTE
a $40 X220 with a 3G modem is better than this garbage

Nevermind' it's coming. Just hope it'll be under 400€.
hothardware.com/news/gpd-win-max-handheld-gaming-pc-leaks-amd-ryzen-embedded-apu