Pens are technology

What pen do you use for writing upon paper?
What size ball do you prefer?

Attached: pens.png (642x596, 312K)

Montblanc 149, Extra Fine nib.

I don't.

Pentel energel

Attached: ba30dcd24199302ea7a3a20886ba4af0.jpg (640x640, 18K)

You can choose ball size?

I had this one pen that had 3 hearts on the clip that I loved using. One day I tried to bend the clip in and ended up snapping the pen.

Bic pens are ok. Smooth. Dont like how they depress the paper though

any good extremely fine ball's you can buy in bulk?
I tried with swapping out a nib for a g nib, but thats is iffy at best for how good it works, felt tips are still expensive, or at least more expensive then I would like to pay given they tend to fray and not stay sharp for their lifetime use.

The superior pen.

whatever piece of shit bic pen I most recently stole from a random reception desk on accident

THESE

Attached: Uni Ball Jetstream RT 1.0.jpg (1600x1067, 88K)

>using ballpoints

using ballpoints

Whatever pens I find lying around on campus.

I use a Zebra F-301
Not exactly the most comfortable pen to write long stuff with but I generally use it just for quick notes and signing shit.
Also refills are super common and cheap.

Rotring pro

Anyone plays or used to play pen fight?

For usual (long) writing I use a fountain pen.
For anything short and scribbles the Uniball Signo UMN-207 (black); the ink flows like water onto the paper which is just perfect for writing as you don't need any pressure to write unlike other ballpoint pens.

Pirating pens?

>2019
>handwriting

the one in your pic. I order a box once a year or so. black ink, .5mm. G-2 if I don't have any of those around

That sounds like a Paper Mate pen. Although, they have 2 hearts on the clip, not 3, so it could be something different.

> Uniball Signo UMN-207
Based fraud-proof, archival ink pen. I like your style user.

Got a fountain pen. Geez they run out of ink fast. Is that always the case?

ICO Signetta

Attached: IcoClassic2_1024x1024.jpg (640x480, 30K)

I like these.
Comfy grip, thin lines and no smudging.

Attached: 162470_3_uni-esferografica-uniball-lakubo-0-7mm-vermelho-4902778716946.jpg (600x600, 20K)

Bic

Attached: 673c8b1c644d02f1633f4d10ef8066cd586d9c17.jpg (1920x1920, 360K)

>Dic(k)
OwO

Same here.

I also use some Chinese thermal erasable rollerball pens.

Just ordered some of the Muji gel pens. Shame they don't sell the refills in bulk.

Pelican M600

My rollerball of choice is a Lamy AL-STAR with Energel .07 refills.

If you're going below 0.5mm, you're doing it wrong in my opinion.

These but the 0,7 mm model are the best I've used, not only are they the most comfortable to write with but if you remove the pocket clip on thingy, they have the perfect weight and balance for pen spinning.

Attached: 6713575_1_xnl.jpg (1000x1000, 46K)

pilot v5 or uniball signo gelstick

Does Jow Forums use nmechanical pencils too?

I'm cheap and lose pens constantly. I like these well enough. I honestly prefer to use mechanical pencils though.

Attached: Pilot-G2-Gel-Ink-Pen.jpg (1600x1200, 314K)

Attached: Sailor Sapporo.jpg (1000x667, 305K)

Fine point black bic

In the USA these are solid orange instead of just the inner tube. Why? they look very ugly that way.

Attached: 00003595-1377707640_gde.jpg (720x500, 22K)

The OHTO Horizon is literally the ThinkPad x200 of pens.

Pilot V5 is a good cheaper option.

Attached: ohto-horizon-needlepoint-orange-562x421.jpg (562x421, 21K)

Cross Century Classic = ink

PenTel QuickerClicker = pencil

As if anyone could ever require anything else.

>Why? they look very ugly that way.
I like it.

This

Attached: IMG_20190625_145105099.jpg (2448x3264, 2.51M)

I couldn't escape the allure of a Vanishing Point, so I decided I needed one myself, even if I can't afford the real deal.
Not sure the name is still applicable with a transparent body though.

Attached: _20190626_001404.jpg (2638x1978, 528K)

Parker fountain pen (lightweight but metal one) and sharpie pen for other occasions

This in .05. .07 is too chunky for my taste and handwriting.

Attached: IMG_20190625_155842748.jpg (3006x5344, 2.41M)

It's a combination of you likely using a puny short international cartridge and, yes, fountain pens guzzling ink.
If you are concerned with cost, get a converter and bottled ink.
If you need longevity, get long cartridges. You can also convert some pens to just fill the entire body with ink, but that can be very messy if it goes wrong.

I unironically use a Pilot metro as my main pen.

Attached: zebra.png (616x357, 185K)

I don't know what orange pens you're referring to, there may be special ones like that but Bic pens are usually clear here in America as well

pilot g2 fine black in a univeral body but mostly use pencils

Pencils > Pens

Pens are for people that sit in a cubicle and hate their life. Pencils are for people that do actual work.

Daily use: Montblanc Starwalker Extreme Ballpoint, amethyst purple

Letters/Journals: Waterman Expert Deluxe with a fine nib, also amethyst purple

i prefer something classic

Attached: 2597936-feather-quill-and-ink-well-isolated-on-white-background.jpg (866x1300, 107K)

I have these, not just the diaposable Zebra version but also as Flair with some proprietary cartridge and a $0.5 generic one using international cartridges. They are kinda meh.

this pen that i found on the floor at my local grocery store

Attached: 20190625_174927.jpg (4032x2268, 3.25M)

just for stabbing other guys in high school. bitches wanted a piece of me everyday.

Pilot or Uniball Ub-157. Nice and smooth for the small amount of time I write on paper.

imagine settling for one color

Attached: 1555735324283.jpg (950x950, 39K)

Attached: f2389d0e-76e6-42c6-9392-b5d670ec196d_1.7ece323b4bc0b6de1189c95206cf83f7.jpg (450x450, 22K)

Come home whiteman.

Attached: AA434CED-3617-415D-BA78-E446B8C72F87.jpg (3858x1462, 632K)

Why aren't you writing in cursive?

They don't teach it in school any more.

>that autist whipping out a fountain pen in public
Hope you don't do it Jow Forums

Pilot G2 in my pockets and a Faber-Castell rollerball for my meeting notebook. For my personal agenda I've gone through a bunch of fountain pens and settled on a lamy safari. Usually I use diamine emerald ink.

I don't think I've written with a pencil in years, but I have a graphgear 1000 somewhere.

Rotring pens any good? The tip on my rotring 600, mechanical pencil, broke after dropping it a couple of times.

Attached: 1561315366329.jpg (474x479, 37K)

That is a very odd statement to make. There are many authors who write the first draft of their books, by hand, in pen - Neil Gaiman, and Stephen King are some examples that come to mind. Both people mentions definitely "do actual work".

there were some japanese pens that i once used and planned to buy but i don't remember the name now fuck.

w-wait let me explain i was young and dumb
i also wore two (2) watches

even doing maths i prefer pens
most of my professors at uni used pens too

Attached: uniball-01.jpg (648x864, 48K)

Get a fine nib, if you want cheap and really good quality go for the Pilot Metropolitan. It's easily the best cheap pen, ink lasts like a week for me with the fine nib.

Try fountain pen version

based

I sign documents at work with a fountain pen then hand the customer a Bic for his or her signature

Next time you make a pen thread on Jow Forums, put "Pens are INFORMATION technology" in the OP.

anything from japan

Attached: 2snapshot_11.35.png (1920x1080, 3.36M)

Beautiful, adding this to my list of ways to mog people.

Show us your $500 pen then because i dont believe it

>search fountain pen
>8 results + all the guys using the actual pen name
wow i didn't know people in foreign countries used fountain pens too, because i thought fountain pen in big countries are really really expensive because only authentic stuff exist and only established companies were still making them as collector items. here they are cheaply made and in school teachers encouraged students to use fountain pen for improving hand writing in middle school or when students start to ditch pencil, so using fountain pen is not seen as a "hipster move"

Pilot G2. Shame that it drains out a little too fast. Or maybe I'm working too much

Attached: 1559219668605.jpg (600x400, 21K)

I've always been thinking about a pen enthusiast general on Jow Forums or something like that, does that exist? I'm not an enthusiast myself but it's funny to think about a over 300 reply thread just about pens.

Attached: nv.jpg (2048x1536, 335K)

There are pen threads on Jow Forums every so often. Maybe one a month is that.
Most of the replies are
>muh g2
With a smattering of other stuff and that's that.
There's plenty to discuss, in regards to writing instruments tech, but I fear it would eventually degenerate into the /fa/ggotry the the watch threads were, where aesthetics (and gross accumulation) rather than tech and innovation is the topic of discussion and thus passes the confines of the board and it'd be banished to some other board (though a quick look through the catalog shows that threads about accumulating crap et al., doesn't stop anyone, not the moderatorship at any rate). The occasional thread about writing instruments that this board can bear I fear.
Though desu I'd like a place less cucked than leddit or the traditional forums out there to talk about witting instruments. That would be nice.

this. smoothest pen ever without being a fountaincuck

I use a fountain pen at home.
These are by far the best diaposable pens I've used. Smooth, good, readable color, and lasts a reasonable time. The only downside is that they are somewhat expensive.

Rapidograph 0.3

What is apple equivalent of Pens?
Pierre cardin?

Seems like the object that is written on is what attracts the most /fa/ggotry. For example moleskines, field notes, and so on.

>smooth
>cheap
>abundant
>archival, not water-soluble
>alcohol-soluble so can still be washed off the pen
What's the catch with using stamp ink in fountain and rollerball pens?

It'll get clogged probably

My handwriting is shit to begin with. I'm not gonna add another layer of obfuscation for when I reread it in a year or two.

Penisland.com

Okay we need a crossover with /csg/
what are the best pens, or the best bang for your buck that you could get on aliexpress?

You can't break a pencil open and spill your lead onto gears to emergency-check contact patterns or stress points
You can't cut a pencil lengthwise and use it as makeshift wiring insulation when faggot brett uses up all the self vulcanizing tape and doesn't restock more and everyone's up your ass about their backwards fucking priorities
You can't use a pencil to mark on metal
You can't use a pencil to mark on rubber
You can't use a pencil to mark on plastics
You can't pull the refill out of your pencil and use it as a makeshift specimen jar to prove to your retard of a systems engineer that, yes, the humidity is still too fucking high and, yes, your precious high tensile carbon steel is FUCKING RUSTING BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT DOES WHEN IT'S RUN IN A JUNGLENIGGER ATMOSPHERE AND LOOK AT THE RUST! LOOK AT IT! Yes, i fucking scraped it up and put it inside a pen and left it on your desk because I finally have hard evidence that proves you're a fucking retard, darren

I burn through forty fucking pens a month. I stick em into places I wouldn't put my fingers. I use em to chock things up. I tape pH paper to them to test hazardous spills- my last pen I really liked was a lighter shade of blue than all the other pens and you know what happened to it? It fucking melted when I stuck it into a puddle of acid that a bunch of fucking pencil-clutching engineers assured me was "probably just water". Now it's dead and I'm not. But what I also am, is back to carrying shitty darker blue tinted pens.

They're papermate, by the way. I order 750 of them per year on my corporate credit card and nobody ever questions me about it.
Because who am I? I'm the motherfucker that carries three pens at all times so if I melt one and throw the second one off the roof of the building because I've finally had enough, I still have one pen left to sign your fucking work order.

I'm not mad at you personally, user. But honestly, fuck pencils. They're fucking stupid.

Attached: 0a72eda5-b4c9-4ece-8c4b-079fefbbf69b.jpg (640x632, 41K)

Mont Blanc

Cant into administrative papers with duplicata

Attached: faire-un-constat.jpg (1000x530, 183K)

Come home white man

Attached: 2019-03-05-03-10-54.jpg (1200x1200, 97K)

pencils and darren btfo

based mad scientist