5.25" inch installation slot

Why did they disappear from cases?
It's not like a Blu-ray drive is the only thing you can put in there.

It seems cases without 5.25" inch slot are having empty space right there behind the front mask. They didnt start to utilise extra space on the void left by missing 5.25" devices.

Attached: windowed case.jpg (600x600, 48K)

It bothers me too. People weren't requesting them so they just disappeared slowly.

That's because you keep looking at fucking water cooling cases designed to have a radiator spanning the front empty space.

Stop looking at RGB glass watercooling gamer shit cases.

Even if you wanted to have tempered glass, there are cases out there with 5.25 bay support.

Attached: 621A4232___71508.1556116302.1280.1280[1].jpg (1024x683, 57K)

what you gonna use except a bluray slot? usb hub? LOL

New cases don't seem to have more than 1 5.25" bay let alone 3.5" external facing bays.
I guess I'll have to get one of those 5.25" slim ODD +3.5" converters and buy a slim ODD drive to have both my ODD and card reader + extra USBs.

External card readers suck and break way too often. Having an AIO 3.5" card reader that reads all the cards, + ATM/smart cards and extra USB ports is great.

Attached: mb343spo_multimedia_device[1].jpg (600x167, 27K)

just buy a cheaper case

I think it was because of USB disc drives

but you cant get USB fan controller devices for internal fans

All right then, suggestions for case with the following

6~8+ 3.5" HDD
E-ATX 305*285/290mm
240mm radiator
5.25" bay
300mm GPU support
Type C front panel preferred
Mid tower preferred

The only case I could find that ticks all those boxes is the Fractal R6 and buying more drive sleds.

My current Lian Li PC-9F
ticks off most of those boxes except
Type C front panel
280mm GPU only
No radiator support.

they dont make cases like this anymore

Because nobody uses discs anymore.
Anything that used to be sold in discs is now digital.

Fuck that zoomer trend in particular.
Minimalism in design AND functionality.

they are some cool units. can you swap out the odd with another drive?

They make 5.25 to 3.5+ 2.5 hotswap x2 converters too.

Attached: 41O1jODLjiL._SX466_[1].jpg (466x466, 17K)

i meant swap the dvd burner with bluray burner

Why the fuck not?
If you have connectors on the motherboard but can't use them because no 5.25'' bays - that's fucking bullshit.

Yet rather than making the case smaller the empty space is still there. I prefer cases with doors at the front so the drive bay is hidden but still there.

it doesn't come with the burner, you put one in yourself, so yeah, you can absolutely put in a bluray drive.

Case manufacturers want you to have a bunch of clutter outside the case instead of inside the case.

They don't know how to make the inside attractive while using glass, so they just removed everything inside so there's no way for you to make it look ugly.

It's not empty space, it's designed for radiators and reservoirs.

Stop looking at water cooling cases.

Attached: 0ud88x5l9i121[1].jpg (4032x3024, 1.22M)

>O-11 is a watercooling-focused case
No it fucking isn't. The O-11 dynamic has magnetic dust covers on all entryways apart from the back I/O and mounting brackets. A GN case test has shown that it is only of the top performers in thermals because of its straightforward airflow.

Attached: best-cases-2018_h500p-mesh_cpu[1].png (813x910, 103K)

The O-11 Air is the top performer.
The O-11 Dynamic has fucking water distribution plate kits for it.

It even says in the fucking GN review that the O11 Dynamic targets liquid cooling enthusiasts.

Attached: dynamic.png (941x371, 59K)

But that's not to say it doesn't excel in air-cooling too. Look at the chart again. With simple 3 fan config, It already beats most of "function over design" commieboxes like Fractal and BeQuiet makes. It is good for everything, not just liquid cooling.

i mean my mobo has 14 usb ports so miss me with that senpai

>three fans @ 100%
The Dynamic doesn't come with fans GN was sent fans for the review.

It's literally configured to be a positive pressure wind tunnel like that with nothing obstructing the flow. The three fans are pulling air from a whole separated compartment with a almost full open back and side panel instead of trying to force air with the fans up against a slab of mesh.