>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last:

Attached: tester.jpg (2080x1560, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B076F4T4T4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
kprepublic.com/products/pbt-doubleshot-keycaps-cherry-profile-carbon-colorway-for-ansi-104-mechanical-keyboard-beige-orange-grey-for-cherry-3494-3000
keyclack.com/products/bke-topre-dome-replacements
youtube.com/watch?v=12L0QZFf2XA
drop.com/buy/drop-mito-laser-alt-high-profile
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just got this tester. Blues feel the best but are noisy. Browns do have tactility but it's even less noticeable than my laptop keyboard.
Kinda wish there's something clicky but silent.

First mechanical keyboard. How did I do?

Attached: 7p57zHLyGC1VpPnpuicU_XaSPhFHBQngEsrg_xoVpfo.jpg (854x640, 78K)

Great choice

so I just spilled water on my Razer^TM Black Widow^TM, it's actually lasted me a few years, this is quite sad
can anyone rec me a good, fairly cheap keyboard with Cherry brown switches?
I don't care about backlighting, I just want good build quality and durable keycaps

the Ducky One seems to fit my needs, is it any good?

There's ikbc if you want to go cheaper

Ducky One is good value if you don't care about RGB. The basic grayscale one (like ) is only $80. If you're willing to look on chink sites then there's IKBC I'd recommend the KD87 one because it has a detachable cable. That should be a bit cheaper than the Duckys.

Opinions on the Tokyo60?

FWIW I use blues and I actually like the click.

is it just me or do people at Canada Computers don't know what a TKL keyboard is

Attached: 1523821795927.jpg (437x406, 26K)

that does sound good as well
anyone know the best place to buy these in the EU?

you mean tactile but quiet, if that's the case then get matias quiet clicks or spend the money on zilents v2

Ducky has a bunch of resellers so you can visit whatever one is closest to you. They also usually have other keyboard brands like Cooler Master and some chinese ones

Attached: Ducky Channel Partners.png (747x2018, 85K)

Attached: IMG_20190623_221217.jpg (4032x3024, 2.99M)

where's the numpad? you bought half of a keyboard?

It' on the other layer :^)

i bought this a couple weeks ago because it was the cheapest mechanical keyboard with brown switches on amazon.

amazon.com/gp/product/B076F4T4T4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my only problem with it is that there is a faint springy vibration when i type on it. would o-rings fix that or is that the result of cheap-ass switches? otherwise its actually not bad

depends on your canada computers, the ones at my local one are really good. the guy there actually suggested I look into topre and had his on topre keyboard that he offered to bring in the next day if I wanted to try it. I said yea sure but then I got too shy from all the attention they were giving me and didn't actually show up the next day. now I'm afraid to go back.

O-rings don't do anything to dampen spring noise.

>those colours
>rainbow LEDs
>look ma I'm a gaymer
Why aren't there cheap Chinese mechanicals that look like normal keyboards instead of gamer trash.

thoughts on pok3r

Attached: A9W1_1_20160127626329606.jpg (640x480, 29K)

I will never get the appeal of not having function keys

obsolete now that the poker 4 is coming out

Anybody here have any experience with the Ducky ONE 2 Skyline?

Considering getting it. Ideally, I'd get something else, but living in Sweden greatly limits my options, I haven't found any fucking places with good looking non-LED mechanical keyboards. No REALFORCE, no Happy Hacking, etc

Attached: Ducky One 2 Skyline.jpg (1200x800, 70K)

Someone bought a one 2 last thread
Or maybe the one before that.

>matias quiet clicks
>$210 for 100
I guess it's the membrane life for me

It's 50 bucks tho for 100 switches, where the hell are you buying them?

What do the Ducky One 2 keyboards cost where you live? It's fucking 130 bucks here.

t. swede

China

99 eurobucks on Alternate
t. dutchfag

I wish my country didn't cuck me at every opportunity available. For 99 bucks I'd get this keyboard, but 130 bucks? fuck.

Looks gay

Blues aren't nearly as noisy without a keycap on.
So maybe a different keycap style will make less noise?

They're made in china tho, and there they sell them for 20 cents a switch.

Thicker keycaps and a non floating style will reduce noise.

Just how tactile are MX-Brown switches compared to, say older rubberdomes?

I wanna know what switches to go for next.

Attached: IBM KB-7953 - 3.jpg (1200x900, 557K)

Less

I present my end game board i have wanted since i saw this layout a year or so ago. Fully built by myself by using the YMDK 96 kit. It has Kailh box royal switches, 1.5mm thick cherry profile keycaps. With very unique bottom row making both the ctrl and alt keys bigger and moving the left alt key closer to the center of the keyboard to make it easier to press while gaming.

I wanted to use a size 6 spacebar but the one that came in the keycap kit i bought did not have the right center mounting post so i had to go with a size 7 space so i could still have the bigger alt and ctrl moved more to the right. Had to sacrifice 2 key spaces on the right of the spacebar but i didn't absolutely need them.

Attached: IMG_20190625_121333.jpg (4208x3120, 1.71M)

one of the best 60% board

did you go with the hotswap kit? if so how are the sockets?

>bought pok3r half year ago
>thin abs caps (you can buy pbt, but still thin)
>unlubed stabs (also quite bad by themselves)
>nothing between the case and PCB
>scratchy cherry switches
I ended up replacing everything but PCB itself. Is this what you want?

Attached: pok3r.jpg (3840x2160, 2.49M)

weird cause cherry switches are now smoother than gaterons ever since cherry retooled almost two years ago

I think they're about as smooth. They feel the same to me.

Do Tao-Hai do these in PBT? I can only seem them in ABS which means they'll get shiney and the key legend will wear off right?

Attached: 1561036583623.jpg (800x800, 58K)

If you want PBT get the KPreublic ones. Also with PBT you can dye a lighter color onto a darker color so in the case of carbon you cannot do orange on black. It either has to be all over dye-subbing which is expenisve or doubleshot PBT which is also expensive. if you want cheap then get ABS

I thought they do, you can also get doubleshot PBT versions in cherry profile
kprepublic.com/products/pbt-doubleshot-keycaps-cherry-profile-carbon-colorway-for-ansi-104-mechanical-keyboard-beige-orange-grey-for-cherry-3494-3000

If they're doubleshots the lettering won't wear off, but since they're ABS they will get shiny.

Sadly that doesn't seem to come with the keys needed for a UK keyboard. Like the 3 having £ on it
Thanks anyway

thoughts on hhkb

Attached: HHKBPro2__26463.1283177078.1280.1280.jpg (500x268, 24K)

It's easily the best keyboard of all time. Best layout, best switch feel. Best sound. Perfect in every area. The only thing is the hhkb pro 3 is coming out this fall so maybe wait for that.

It seems blues are noisy because the sound can't escape well with the keycap on thus resonating within the switch.

Lower profile caps make for a smaller resonance space, and thicker caps both reduce the resonance space and absorb more noise.
I wouldn't be surprised if thick Cherry profile doubleshots quietened them down a fair bit.

I’ve had mine for six years and I’m still in love with it.

I did just order a mass drop Ctrl barebones and a bunch of different switch types to see if my tastes have changed at all, but topre is comfy as fuck.

Also if you’re looking for even more of a tactile feel on topre you can look into some mods that make them much more tactile.

keyclack.com/products/bke-topre-dome-replacements

Attached: A24BA397-8142-44C5-8CEF-1E62C591DD3D.jpg (3921x1564, 1.65M)

How thick is "thick" exactly?

Old cherry doubleshots, new GMK sets and most "thick PBT" advertised sets are about 1.5mm thick, which is pretty significant.

The caps that come with my tester is 1.5mm
Does material matter?

Ordered these the other day, I hope they feel great, this is my first set of GMK

Attached: A247FB23-50E7-48D3-BDE5-4A78BCC51430.jpg (1500x1500, 61K)

ABS and PBT do sound different, but profile and thickness make a bigger difference.

>browse /mkg/ for 2 weeks
>jewtube now full of mechkey

No i didn't i was not aware of a ymdk 96 kit that came with them

What does Jow Forums think about pic related? I don't really care for the gaymur aesthetic or the dragon branding (might just put a piece of tape over that if I get it) but I do want a nice typing experience, weighty metal feel, and a reasonably low price.

Attached: Redragon k552 n.png (1534x750, 449K)

wow what a come up. Got anne pro 2 from ebay for about 45 bucks shipped. I thought it was a scam and I got the keyboard today. Pretty dope but it was advertised as blue switches and it came with browns. Can't say I'm a big fan of browns desu, might put some kailh pale blues on it or something.

It's okay, sounds a bit pingy

so I used the Razer Kaihl orange switches and I'd like something similar but slightly heavier / more tactile
is the Cherry Brown noticably more tactile, or should I go with Clear?

>tfw no gay bean

just got my filco today, boys
my first "real" mechanical after using a $20 ch*nk board for years.

feels great, tbqh.
i now have a greater appreciation for /mkg/ and all of you as well.

Browns are not very tactile

>feels great
Not with those pad printed ABS caps

first board, not ready to go full autismo.

Then why would you overspend when you can get cheaper keyboards with better build quality

i like how it looks and it had good reviews.

stop being a tryhard, you fucking faggot.

just get pbt keycaps and stop there

If you want the same switch but more tactile, then there's the box royal. Though if I'm not mistaken royals have a lighter spring.

>buying a mainstream keyboard makes you a tryhard
hey whatever man it's your money

Got a Kira last week, it's pretty comfy but one of the LED's keeps sticking to blue unless I flash it again.

Attached: f2f303e1-84c8-4cb6-914f-d3a8e222d803.png (1923x1964, 2.02M)

If you want tactility go for blues, if you don't mind the clickety clacks.

And if you do mind the loud clicks type without keycaps on.

Hos loud are they?

Very

youtube.com/watch?v=12L0QZFf2XA

about 54-55 decibels compared to a normal rubber dome over membrane which is around 44-45. That means blues are twice as loud.

where do you think we are

They are good enough man. I daily one at work and enjoy every stroke. Not a keyboard aficionado though, the board I use at home is Drevo Gramr w/Blues. If you want a good mechanical board to just type on then you will have no qualms with the Red Dragon. The spacing is standard which has nice carry over to other keyboards when you are not at your workstation.

I'm trying to rig up gateron clears onto a pcb that required another switch type and doesn't fit. I see a diode symbol on the back of the gaterons. I just want to make sure I don't waste a ton of time soldering wrong. Does it matter which way I connect this? All the guides for manually wiring make it seem like it doesn't matter.

If it does matter can I just trace the lines to the ground on my microcontroller to figure out which hole is positive or something along these lines?

I bought into the meme a few years ago because it has programmable layers and I figured I wouldn't miss them much. I was wrong. I have had a TKL for a few years since and still miss the numpad, but TKL fits my desk set up much better. I am about to try a smaller mouse pad and full size board again, but am guessing I will end up going back to TKL and putting a seperate numpad on the left to see if left hand numpad sucks. Old picture, but the keyboard and mouse haven't changed yet. I have an IKBC MF108 V.2 on the way. I figure I can at least use the key caps to upgrade the board I currently have if I don't like scooting over a few more inches.

Attached: DSC00824.jpg (1500x844, 350K)

who's gonna get one?

Attached: D8SvmJOU8AA62H2.jpg (1200x799, 99K)

does it have buckling springs? if not then no

I'm waiting for the ADA profile caps in PBT to be honest.

I stopped buying new keyboards impulsively after getting my AEK, the perfect keyboard.

I'm tempted, but I already have a Yoda II from Tex and I see no reason to switch, but at the same time I'm afraid that this is a limited run an they won't make any more.

I might just buy one in case I can re-sell it for 2x the price in the future if I don't use it.

Attached: 1552616798721.jpg (2048x1361, 780K)

Can anyone red pill me on this mass drop?
drop.com/buy/drop-mito-laser-alt-high-profile

camel crush?

I want to buy a mechanical keyboard with FR layout and with backlight.

Is Ducky a good brand ?

Yes
Get a One 2 or a Shine 7 for backlight with unbroken legends.

I'm thinking about buying a K70 RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY MX Speed (WITH RED BACKLIGHTING) for myself and 2 cheap mechanical keyboards with Cherry Brown switches for my parents

I like the way the Realforce looks. It's classy. Too bad I'm not a fan of Topre.

>Gaming Keyboard

yeah what

>>nothing between the case and PCB
??