Uni downgraded PCs from Windows 7 to 10

Uni downgraded PCs from Windows 7 to 10.
>booting takes 5 minutes
>logging on takes 2 minites
>printing, the reason I had to use the damn thing, keeps failing
Fuck this shit.

Attached: image:77076.jpg (725x768, 59K)

works on my machine

works on my machine

works on my machine

works on my machine

Just buy 2019 hardware in the year 2019

Good job! 10 rupees have been deposited in your Microsoft™ Account.

werks on my machine

I have 10 on all 3 of my machines. Two of which are thinkpads I paid $150 dollars each for. a t440p and a x250. 10 works better in every way if you aren't completely autistic.

it just werks bruh

Win 10 was so good I installed not one but TWO copies on the same computer, on different hard drives (SSD) of course

It only does that if you're on a spinner

Maybe ur university is dog trash Op?

But it doesn't work on the Machines the uni has, so why didn't they stick with 7, which had an acceptable speed on their dogshit PCs.
I would use the Linux machines they have, but those PC-pools don't have printers.

Here's how I guarantee it went down.

Engineer: "Windows 7 is reaching end of life, we should really replace/upgrade these PCs" (probably some hp prodesk with 3rd gen i3s or i5s and an hdd)

Director: "Well my friend/colleague/son told me you can upgrade windows 7 to 10, these PCs are only X years old!!"

Engineer: "That's a really bad idea."

Director: "Think of all the money/time/labor we'll save!!!"

It hurts my soul

OP? Using 4th and 5th gen i5's. Its gotta be more garbage than that. Failing HDD's. If OP wasn't a bitch he'd get hardware info.

>booting
Why do you want to boot more than it's necessary for updates?
>logging on takes 2 minites
What the fuck? It's half a second on my PC with ten.
>printing, the reason I had to use the damn thing
What in the actual fuck?

Win 10 without an SSD is cock and ball torture.
Win 10 with an SSD despite its myriad flaws is one of the best operating systems currently on the market for both every day casual use and power use. Even if your uni's PCs are ancient, with an SSD upgrade they'd still handle Windows 10. It's surprisingly resource efficient when it knows it's running on limited hardware as long as it's got data throughput.
No clue what your printer issue is about though. Even if the printers are ancient their drivers SHOULD be compatible. Maybe it's a network problem.
Can't stick to 7 because those computers have to be on a network and if even one of them is not secure they could compromise the entire network. And 7's support is about to end.
They should have just bit the bullet and bought new hardware. What the fuck are your tuition fees for if not up-to-date hardware?

They're probably using ancient 5400RPM drives and core 2 duos.

SEETHING

I don't pay tution, as I live in a country where education is a basic right.
>printing
I had to print something in very limited time. Otherwise I would have printed it at home, but going home, printing and coming back would have taken about half an hour and I had 10 minutes.

Specs of PCs?

>Using uni pcs with filthy keyboards instead of your laptop

*2 seconds

>They should have just bit the bullet and bought new hardware. What the fuck are your tuition fees for if not up-to-date hardware?
Paying the football coach's salary, of course.

Anyways, W10 has problems recognizing printers, apparently. I had a bout of this myself.

>I live in a country where education is a basic right.
cuck

Sitting in class rn. I'll post the specs afterwards.

>I had to print something in very limited time
So? Just use your laptop.
They are dirt-cheap used and i3 sandy still has a solid performance.

Uni -> Windows
hjhahhahahahahaha
enjoy your university..

Wrong. 1903 on that setup and she's a slicker than snot.

>printing
>What in the actual fuck?
Found the NEET.

i've always wondered about eurofriends and their universities in terms of GDPR.
if you don't agree with win10 collecting your data while you use your uni's computers can you just refuse to do that? can you bring your own pc that respects your freedoms?

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1561461331431.jpg (725x284, 33K)

Who cares its not true. My pirated win10 doesn't even know its pirated ffs.

I work, so no. Why do you need paper aside from the official documents?

Fujitsu ESPRIMO P910
Intel i5-3370 @3.2 GHz. 4cores
460GB HDD

>HDD
found the problem

Works perfectly on my ssd sata and nvme ssds with 1903
Older versions had issues but have since been fixed
Feels like a new os now
Also works perfectly on my machine

M$ is getting their shit together very soon with DCH drivers. I can only imagine the butthurt, when rigs are excluded from updates and you will have to upgrade to a modern PC to be on the bleeding edge. (myself included)

Some future builds will truly foster the new golden age of PC master races back into existence.

Yeah I went back to 425whql dch and found it much better

Fuck 43x.xx tho it's broken

Bluetooth died on my config. So as is I'm paying for a new wlan/bt combo if I want functionality. I bypassed driver signing and attempted to get it working and I ended up with a hard lesson in just how fragile, but functional these new builds are. If it works it works and windows update catalog will allow you the ability to try a few alternative drivers. But you can't just force a good enough driver in no longer or risk breaking that Balance.

Woe, to the unsupported shitbox who has almost no recourse in its native configuration.

I honestly don't care if they don't wunna have security patches (lmao) they can just run older w10 builds 7 or nix

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
That's why the engineering campus at my university is still using Win7.

7 minutes to power button to desktop. That's not too terrible. Windows 7 was often even slower than that.

Well that's what I'm saying. Right now lots of rigs is are in the poker game and instead of trying to include the rigs, they are going to deal them out entirely. We hear it a lot when an update breaks a dude's heart, but what about when all the guys who "it just works" for gets left behind as well?

Not everyone wants to be sat down intentionally or reinstall win7 after having a somewhat good experience with 10.

I never went back to 7 and skipped 8
Dunno what everyone was reeing about.
Have a 3 years old w10 going just fine on my ssd

It's like vista I never had an issue with it

>booting takes 5 minutes
tell uni to buy new pc's

Then the HDD is probably dying. Windows 10 on 3rd gen celeron and 4500rpm HDD laptop is still take under 2 minutes to boot.

We just gotta be happy that our configs still mesh with newer builds and as features become larger parts of the OS. Imagine how many never made the leap to 1903 because their hardware wasn't up to snuff. My processor doesn't support virtualization. So if vm becomes a necessary part of everyday operation I'm as far as I can go with this. As it is, everything is running fine and I'm quite happy with 1903. Maybe next year they'll chop off my dick and then I'll face upgrading or sailing along with the one final build that my system was capable of for a while.

>he doesn't know that win7+8 received the same telemetry updates as windows 10

Attached: 1401902504522.jpg (960x960, 25K)

What old ass CPU doesn't have vm?
Surely some Madmen will hack newer builds to run on potato's and custom drivers are still a thing
All that shit is baked into ime and amds encryption shit anyway on a hardware level

Sandy Bridge - B980.

works on my machine

Why might microsoft want you using their OS even if you didn't pay for it? Surely you don't think one of the largest companies on earth can't figure out how windows piracy works.

Microsoft was trying to hit a certain number of installed base a while back. They had a lot of ways to gird you into the big upgrade. If you think about it pirated systems provide that user base as well as allowing them to see what 10 needs to support. I think one of these days they are going to flip the switch and shut down pirated versions or give you that ultimatum that's been looming.

I think I read somewhere that a pirated key from 7 or 8 somehow validated you after a 10 upgrade. And when you think about it, their money is not solely from OS sales these days, they have good Android apps and a solid search engine. That installed base is just that. Total control when it comes to a certain kind of mobile and home computing.