Is anyone seriously working on transhumanism? Or is it basically a meme?

Is anyone seriously working on transhumanism? Or is it basically a meme?

Attached: 4000.jpg (1200x630, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJ_rFMYDbAE
video.wired.com/watch/machine-learning-living-in-the-age-of-ai-film
forbes.com/sites/korihale/2019/05/28/google-microsoft-banking-on-africas-ai-labeling-workforce/
hplusmagazine.com/2011/08/18/beyond-otaku-transhumanism-and-judaism/
ieet.org/index.php/ieet/more/pellissier20100820
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, lol, it's a meme for normies. We can't even make a reliable neural interface for prosthetic limbs, all we have to show are some meme prototypes with less than promising results (but still get hyped by """science-y media""")

It wasn't a meme until >now it's not possible.

posthumanism>transhumanism
Prove me wrong.

I remember reading an article way back in 2015 or 2016 that was three pages long on Wait But Why in which the author explained transhumanism, AI, etc. And I remember him saying that by 2020 we'd have super AI, the one that supposedly surpassed all humans in existence in terms of intelligence. I was young and naive at the time.

Professor Kevin Warick is actually experimenting on himself to be the first

forgot to add that you should also read "project cyborg" which is about how kevin warwick has surgically implanted computer interfaces into his own nervous system

I think if you want to go out and buy a newer better arm that's able to give better handjobs automatically you're gonna have to wait until we can at the very least replace a missing arm with a robotic one that's even *fractionally* capable of everything the original limb was able to do.

TL;DR --> Wait a while.

i had a breakthrough.
i am now getting funded by ___.
i am a man who would've had a cat named janly.
having your research funded by the resources of a nation-state is nice.

nobody has the science to make transhumanism viable, waiting on medical breakthroughs.

Attached: Screenshot_20190625_112935.png (1531x858, 836K)

Go tell Zoltan that Moore's Law is dead and watch him try to bumble his way into an excuse

We don't really even understand the human body enough to know the consequences of modifying it. Of course, if you're down a limb or worse, an organ, you can't afford to worry about that sort of thing.

I think the most important research right now is immune therapy, genetically tweaking the immune cells to fight off cancer and the like.

Next I would say we REALLY need a way to mass produce neutral blood that everybody can use without relying on donations (maybe even artificial blood). Demand for blood will only increase and relying on donations is a poor strategy. It's also pretty retarded we still take huge vials of blood from people and analyze them off site; when I was a kid, my doctor took a small capsule sized amount from my finger and analyzed it during my fucking checkup with a machine in the back room so we had the result before we left and he could give advice/treatment options. It's 2019, how come only children deserve efficient doctor's visits?

While prosthetics are important, it's a bit lower on the totem pole. We also need efficient neural interfaces if we want to make a half decent one anyway. Neural assistance chips, same deal. We need to fully understand and know how to interface with the brain, memories, etc.

I see what malfunctioning clusterfuck technology is today.
Why the hell would I put anything of it into my body.

Well to be fair, machine learning can do some crazy shit no human can do
But it's not autonomous, like normies might believe

It's a meme and people are working on it however the technology will not be integrated (beyond a basic exocortex) until the 2050s. Thankfully, aging therapies will hit the markets in the 2030s, it merely means you need to wait a bit longer.

bazinga tier shit
you guys should spend more time being well rounded and not be little nerds

what does seriously working on transhumanism even mean? user nobody does that shit. Sure there's research going on around the world that could eventually help, but no one says that they're seriously working on transhumanism.
>>reliable neural interface
we have neural interfaces that are stable for 7+ years in monkeys.
These monkeys are still alive:
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ_rFMYDbAE
The issue now is bandwidth.

nah thats bullshit, one way too.

bigger meme than automation

Based and overman pilled

Attached: 1555482053469.jpg (1110x1239, 152K)

What the heck has Ray Kurzweil been up to since he got bought by google?
Also pparently google has caught on to my tricks. They're blocking all my fucing capchcas.

just abusing their monopolistic powers to further push chromium

>Thankfully, aging therapies will hit the markets in the 2030s
COPE

based

The basic idea right now is that first we create a super intelligent ai, this ai will then tell us how to correctly unlock immortality because we're too stupid for that. Just hope the ai is actually friendly and doesn't try to turn the universe into paperclips instead.

If it were possible to move one's consciousness into a machine, wouldn't the consciousness being transferred across media effectively be a soul?

Attached: 1544799398969.jpg (850x1134, 96K)

AI and transhumanism are a corporate meme for pleb masses to continue raking in shekels from retards who believe said company is their only ticket/gateway to the future. There are individuals working on the real thing but you'll never hear them talked about by the media/mainstream because they aren't in the know which is why they push bullshit that can appear appealing/futuristic to dumb normies.

Take this hot garbage for instance :
> video.wired.com/watch/machine-learning-living-in-the-age-of-ai-film
Compared to the reality .. :
forbes.com/sites/korihale/2019/05/28/google-microsoft-banking-on-africas-ai-labeling-workforce/

more or less
before the AI is gimped so as not to hurt anyone's feelings

got nothing to do with corporates, the science does not exist on any reasonable level. corporations might be selling it but they don't have it.

use a different browser it tends to go faster on some

> The basic idea right now is that first we create a super intelligent ai, this ai will then tell us how to correctly unlock immortality because we're too stupid for that.
Which is retarded if you actually grasp intelligence and how its developed.
> Just hope the ai is actually friendly
Human projection which is also stupid.

Stupid people believe in stupid memes because they aren't able to nor spend the time to grasp how things actually work. They project their stupidity onto such things
> news at 11

>got nothing to do with corporates, the science does not exist on any reasonable level.
Academia has indeed fallen behind and has had corporate interest at the helm of its research. It won't come from there. The science for real AI will be penned by independent capable researchers with the genuine desire to figure it out. Same as all of history in terms of great leaps.
> corporations might be selling it but they don't have it.
Big corps buy innovation they don't procure it. Smaller groups do. Always has been the case. You can name any technology and this will generally be true. Most of what google is known for, for instance, was developed by a handful of people they acquired.

transhumanism without freedom is letting the botnet become you

better than death

crispr and prosthetic limbs are all examples of and proponents of transhumanism as is being transgender so yes, people are working on it

How do I get into the know on this stuff? Do I have to be rich? A genius? Or an elite?

prosthetics are subhumanism. crispr could lead to something good if say you're china and have large quantities of test subjects to waste

yes

there is literally nothing wrong with dying. Stop being such a scared faggot

The Guardian and other mainstream media is already controlled by robots.

prosthetics are literally one step behind augmentation as you currently need to lose a limb to get one and prosthetics aren't superior to organic limbs
give it 50 years and people with robo legs are going to be picking up their shopping and jogging home quicker than you taking the bus

literally several steps behind natural limbs because we don't have any sort of neural interfaces. nobody can comprehend nerves at all and thats the big missing piece.

Can't wait for crispr to allow me to swap out my bodyparts at will. Time to have three elephant cocks and kangaroo jumping abilities.

can't wait for my node.js powered cyborg arm that lags when it garbage collects

It's the future of all people potentially.
We're struggling to cope with this machine otherwise.

Attached: major_ps.jpg (1280x1914, 440K)

It certainly is very far off.
We can barely make accurate AI because we simply do not understand how people really think.

That said. I am so done with this body and want laser shooting eyeballs asap.

We can comprehend nerves just fine
>they're mapped at birth and thats that

>living like a shitslave is better than meeting your maker

I get the feeling the first true transhuman will be some freakish unknown experimentalist because corporations have significant legal and ethical barriers and also lack the capability of doing something that requires a significant amount of genius.
You need a mad man with loads of dough.

good point actually but they've already made leaps and bounds towards that in the span of like 20 years
funny story: at some shitty gaming convention they got into big trouble because none of the neckbeards would let a girl with a new prosthetic charge it because they assumed it was cosplay and didn't want to look like white knights
>not going on aliexpress and getting the programming socks upgrade
found the normie

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Or it could be the best sex imaginable.

t. virgin

I was always very into transhumanist thought and cyberpunk but just last week I learned I developed an allergy to chrome all of a sudden
now I'm kinda lukewarm on it

The future, where you have no rights and live in worse slave conditions than feudal times, but at least you can nut your sterile semen harder than ever

just get faceberg to install firefox in your brain instead

It's already happening. Humans and technology are only going to get more integrated with each other.

Moore's Law is dead

So what?

I meant a combination of human souls that may inevitably occur, to a degree.
Actually it would be like a DBZ fusion.

Attached: fusion_HAAAAAAAA.png (855x482, 318K)

unironically this
7nm isn't too big to put in your head it's just CPUs right now are too big and inefficient
once we get CPUs working more efficiently and we need less transistors therefore making the chip smaller then it wont really matter about moore's law nor does moore's law really matter in general because his time scale was rather arbitrary
we could have a major breakthrough anytime now that would lead us to jumping and skipping all over that estimated timeline

You don't need a strong cpu. As long as it can stream 5g cancer into your head.

its a meme that people are seriously working on

kek you Transhumanistfags are coping so hard

aren't you hot under that tinfoil hat?

>Transhumanistfags are coping so hard
Well yes. That's literally the rationale for transuhumanism, to cope with our growing machine. We need to start pushing development for it or the thing will implode.

>explain why moore's law isn't relevant
AHAHAHAH COPEEE
oof

The thing you move across would be a lossily compressed version of the original. It might behave similarly, but it won't be the same person, truly.
Not that it matters. Our brains are already oceans of change; you aren't the same person you were yesterday. There is no soul, there is only the illusion of who you think you are, and the character others think you play.

Jow Forums is a cyberpunk board, you weirdo failed normies can fuck off right back to /lg...i mean Jow Forums sorry ^^

>Nobody can comprehend nerves
Unironically a good application for the current memechine learning tech we have right now. A well trained set can figure out how to get an effective interface without anybody actually understanding what the fuck is going on.

You know how you use isolated programs for tasks and that they require self sufficiency to work most of the time? Individual people are those programs.
We already have a collective machine manipulating us all. We have had that since ancient mesopotamia at least. The consequence of civilisation and the benefits of survival it brings is the decline of our liberty where it is deemed adverse to that civilisation's ethics.

All connecting our minds will do is quicken the reaction of the machine to our behaviour, unless we work out how to cover our tracks better. You will find that we even will need to do this if we were all connected all the time by our minds through technology. We need it today as part of the macrocosmic problem solving process. This is probably something that places like China don't understand.

Unbased

The brain and a CPU do totally different things anyway. People saying we can't replace a brain with a general purpose CPU are clueless. Of course we can't, that's like using a CPU for real time software rendering. A brain is extremely specialized hardware. We'd be making digital ones with ASICs. The problem is nobody has the VHDL for a digital brain. We're lacking knowledge of how a brain works, not how to make faster hardware.

agreed

A computer system lacks so much of the parts required to make a human brain. It will only get that when they literally use a human brain.
The particles in our minds work on levels probably unperceived by us today as the more micro you look at it, it simply just has more to discover.

Computers on the other hand are not nearly as complex because we designed them. We will likely never discover every detail of our minds and thus it is likely we will not be able to create a fully synthetic mind without using a real one. Computers are only macroscopic abstractions of our mind. We on the other hand have a devil in us.

Attached: Lain_leaves_dungeon_of_victims.png (1080x1920, 988K)

i feel so alone, nobody gets this. literally nobody fucking gets that "consciousness" is a joke and our definition of "reality" is the fucking punchline. All of this, science, philosophy, our connections with others and not just virtual structures but fucking real things too like energy, matter, the basic building blocks of our so-called reality, they all are meaningless, they are all just illusions, reflections on the walls of our caves.

>maker
user, I...

So when do you guys think we will start merging with machines?

I'd guess by 2035

I want her to choke me out with here superhuman strength until I come in my sock(or hers, oh dear)

>here
her.
i meant the robot loli.

l...lewd!

We already started user, decades ago. Read the cyborg manifesto

I agree for the most part, although a lot of what our brains do could be optimized away. I don't think we'll ever "design" a brain. Most likely we'll bootstrap ourselves further and further towards one while understanding less and less about what our creation is really doing. Then even the thing we made may be too large to understand itself fully. A brain is just such an enormous system. It's hard to fathom applying traditional engineering to the design of one.

Prepare your ports user.

Attached: 4a8e975f902ad6fa03c45912c2119b06.jpg (1280x960, 1.36M)

meme
to ascend humanity you just need a healthy cocktail of nootropics and anabolics

Jokes aside I took acid a few months ago(as I regularly every few months or so). I thought it was a regular dose and put on the original ghost in the shell thinking it will be great fun. It turned out that the lsd was a double dose, it was a hell of a trip I can tell you that, I felt my soul being sucked out of my physical body and merge with something else. Still better than fucking ayahuasca

We really have to make the choice to put our faith in this or not. I think that prosthetic limbs and organs will definitely be important in the next couple decades, the brain will be largely untouched because we simply do not and can not understand everything about our most vital of cores. One day man will jump into it on faith alone though. I think the best we can do is stimulate our minds however. No one wants to warp their perception of things to the point where it's truly disfigured and hellish. People are scared of that. We need a "home" to relate to. Having a "home" or a "standardised torch" of some degree is key to "progressing" too. You progress from the maps you draw.

Comfy thread.

Attached: sample-628bb1195192eecbd2884437c1334c5f.jpg (1000x1000, 181K)

As a panthiest since a child it feels weird to know that people feel uncomfortable with that idea. It's all I've known.

damn.. this is deep..
cool
she's like 11 though

>every ceiling is made for me to smash
And you can't fuck a pussy without a penis.

Attached: 1533397237843.png (535x687, 379K)

hplusmagazine.com/2011/08/18/beyond-otaku-transhumanism-and-judaism/

Jews trick unironically

>We define morality here not simply in the narrow sense of “altruism,” but, in accordance with the Jewish legal system, as “the best way to order society and human life.”
Those things are not mutually exclusive. They're not synonymous either.
What a worrying article.

>hplussmagazine.com
>2011, random mess of an article
Why in the fuck did you post this?

Articles like that by common people of a group can reflect the common mentality of groups. If you read it, the person denies the importance of the old testament. Here I was thinking that this was a Christian thing to do.

ieet.org/index.php/ieet/more/pellissier20100820

Too much jews in transhumanism

"The jew" is not our real enemy brother, the real enemy is the evergrowing structure of power and violence. HANG THE PARASITES, RECLAIM YOUR RIGHTS, MAKE SOCIETY TRULLY EQUAL!

A lot of power is held in Jewish elite interests, to deny that is to be ignorant of the true nature of our current elite class.
When Jesus whipped rabbis in the temple, it was only after he saw the accumulation of wealth they maintained through their control of religion and finance. That said, it is the same today with our society, though now with Christian elements and "secular" elements. The secular is in quotes because I argue that it has manifested into a cult we call political correctness today.
The point is, people take Jesus' action as an attack on all commerce and finance. I disagree, he clearly only got angry when he saw that rabbis were the ones making fat piles of gold. That's an attack on elite classes that manipulate ideology to their financial gain. It is the same with all religion and secular ideology today.

Why the fuck are you subhumans talking about jews and jesus, get the fuck back to Jow Forums you fucking imbeciles.

This.
Mods and jannies, do your job.

Because the transhumanist issue is increasingly becoming a concern bordering deeper philosophy and religion. It's a question of what we want to be as "people".