10 years later

>10 years later
>zoomer script kiddies on youtube now push macs as the "programmers choice"

What happened? Are Mac's really THAT good if you're a programmer?

Attached: 1561096414135.jpg (1023x682, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopmag.com/benchmarks/battery-life
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tST

UNIX-like and has actual software

nope, even windows has better updated unix tools now

sends other Unix boxes to /dev/null

they were pretty good for a while, low power high usability. Not a lot of bells and whistles just werks. They don't just werk anymore though.

is this dude tokyo drifting

What benefits for getting a Mac over any other laptop running a distro?

Not much anymore, apple has garbage quality. You don't have to install any distro, all your hardware is supported natively. At one point the hardware, including the chiclet keyboard, was higher quality than basically any other laptop assuming you didn't want a GPU.

Not even sure if Dell has OEM linux anymore. They're lowest quality hardware either way.

Bullshit.

linux is comfy for programming and osx is just linux for retards. Osx comes tied to mac. So retards by macs. Therefore zoomers are retards and macs are for retards. Hence zoomers buy macs.

>osx is just linux for retards
osx is more like unix.

>zoomers are retards
BASED and millenialpilled

Attached: 1557738482096.jpg (500x706, 82K)

dont have to install

cope harder, macfag. Everything that makes a Mac good are its similarities to MODERN Linux, not some dusty 1970’s OS that doesn’t exist anymore except in some aging Sun box in a data center somewhere

No, their shit parents only used Apple, so that's what they grew up with. The cycle continues.

Macs are just a proprietary form of Unix (so good for developers) that just werks and has lots of software support.
There's no strong need to use Linux when you already have a Mac, unless you're a hobbyist.
But buying a Mac is pretty dumb, you can do pretty much everything a Mac can do and more by just dual-booting Windows and Linux on cheaper, but more effective hardware.
Macs are more-or-less Linux for normies, but because it's still Unix, it has the same basic capabilities and benefits

hes german, hes Thüringen Drifting

There are laptops that come with Linux by default. I'm typing this on one right now.

>unix like and adobe premiere!1!!
Wow thanks

I know that, but do normalfags?

you mean muslim cock drifting inside german vagina
that's not what he seems to be doing

for some people that's really convenient, what's the issue?

Bullshit

>why yes i contribute to nodejs and trans photograohy club

Attached: beam.png (270x360, 66K)

you can have more skills than just programming vro

Its simple user. Macs just work and dont require a lot of tweaking to work properly. Software wise they rarely break. A lot of development software runs great on macos. Android studio for example runs best on macos. A lot of programmers already use mac so its easier to debug problems and find guides. And here is the thing user we dont pay for them, the company does, so we dont give a fuck about price. Also every minute you spend fighting your OS and not developing is a very expensive minute so you just plain cant afford it. But just air gap work hardware and personal hardware.

based vintage poster

I used to like Macs, but the price creep thanks to needing to hide falling sales from their shareholders and removing upgradability is pretty damning.

Freaking Mac Mini should start at £500 and have upgradable storage. Hell it'd be amazing if they add a door on the back of the iMacs that'll let you upgrade the storage.

Macbook Pros have good fucking batteries and power saving. Most other laptops I've used, even high quality ones, will start losing charge fast after you been using it for a year two and will loose it fast even when you're not using them.
Tbh the nicest thing about a macbook is opening it after not using it for a day or two and still having the 50% charge left.

Who gives a fuck about normalfags?

cant they just install hackintosh or something, it literally works on every pc nowadays or just use a vm
why would anyone buy whole shitty mac for programming

because justwerks, programming doesn't need any power (aside from maybe running pajeet IDEs)

It's a unix system where all the core components are stable, you don't have to perform demonic rituals to get your graphics drivers to work, and you have much more first party support, which is critical if you work in a regular office and need windows/ms office compatibility that just works

>fagOS
>stable

~8 years ago was a completely different company.

nigga you need a linux laptop. my old windows laptop would last maybe 2-3 hours while charging my phone, now my linux laptop lasts 5 hours while charging my phone. without that, i'm easily getting 7 hours out of my laptop with parrot/xfce

>Tbh the nicest thing about a macbook is having worse battery life than PC laptops
yikes

Attached: 1535153884159.jpg (705x935, 105K)

apple batteries were usually pretty good in their own weight class.

They're so shit these days, they can't even make the same chart because Applel has cut capacity by over 40% for muh thinness.
laptopmag.com/benchmarks/battery-life

yeah but thinness is a desirable quality. might outweigh battery life, can't really compare capacity to a 20lb thinkpad T portable desktop

A T480 is the same weight as a MBP, except with nearly triple the battery life.

marketshare does

with the 1366 x 768 screen? yeah no.

>discussion about battery life
>B-B-B-B-BUT MUH RESOLUTION
Mactoddler cope.

it's better than windows, worse than GNU/Linux

1366 x 768 isn't usable. not that high def bullshit is probably necessary either but honestly if you offer a 1x1 display and benchmark for battery life thats just cheating.

Seethe harder iJeet.

Attached: 1531395880437.png (853x366, 58K)

>osx is more like unix.
That's exactly what he said: GNU/Linux for retards.

so whats the battery life compare with same resolution screens? still wouldn't be surprised if thinkpad won, if the 3x is only cause of XGA then the test and testers are shit not the products

>osx is more like unix.
Old, deprecated, and useless? Yeah, it certainly is.

Attached: 1561386997092.png (800x480, 26K)

Their review unit came with the 1080p screen.
Seethe. Harder.

>Are Mac's really THAT good
no

>zoomer script kiddies on youtube now push macs as the "programmers choice"
Name THREE (3) examples of tech youtubers with a significant amount of followers that recommend Mac for development, outside of iOS/mac dev stuff

Attached: 1559737235603.png (600x450, 414K)

No clue, I run arch linux on my macbook air; it's a beautiful pairing.