Typing

What is your typing Speed and How did get it?

Attached: IMG_20190625_110221[1].jpg (4608x3456, 2.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kde.org/applications/education/org.kde.ktouch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

110 wpm and I poo'd in loo

About 75, got it by playing video games since I was a child.

180, it was passed down, evolutionary, through the generations of secretaries and office drones.

That keyboard is literally sex

idk but mech keyboard helped me quite a bit

If I’m balls to the absolute wall I can hit 170, but only if I’m typing what I’m thinking and not trying to read some shit.

~120 wpm +/- 15
Also depending on if I worked that day (manual labor, warehouse dog), because my fingers lock up
>Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing

Hover ~80 wpm, but can reach ~120 wpm if I'm focusing solely on typing, like TypeRacer. I unironically learned how to type by manually typing shit out in the Grand Exchange while playing Runescape, since I was a retard who didn't know about spam bots.

Attached: rs grand exchange.jpg (1200x584, 439K)

wave2:cyan:selling coal 323gp ea!

10 words per minute... Practice practice practice. That is key

By the way you can improve your typying speed with a KDE program called Ktouch kde.org/applications/education/org.kde.ktouch .
Really nice, helps a lot and is FOSS.

most people lie about their wpm the same way they lie about dick size, partly through exaggeration and then partly through measuring it different ways

This took you one minute to write.

>ANSI

its about 70 to 75 I got it probably from chatrooms specially one thing I use for playing old fighting games online like super street fighter ii x, 3rdstrike etc
called fightcade made a lot of friends there and that chat is literally unmoderated with lot of fun and unique people.

I copy-pasted the last 'practice' to save time.

>20
>arthritis

70, I started to learn to touch type last month.

on qwerty it's 80
dvorak is about 20.

about 20 words per minute. And I had programs like Mavis Beacon. I just lack the attention span and focus to practice. I get distracted/bored easily.

This, imagine not being a big enter key chad. Needs to be replaced with this.

Attached: New-keyboard-for-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-T420-X220-W510-W520-T510-T520-T400s-X220t-X220i-QWERTY.jpg (1000x750, 157K)

95 WPM. Got it by arguing about dumb shit on the internet

shut up bong

My typing style is specifically geared towards programming, with a far more right right-hand (to hit all the special keys) than is recommended. My co-worker finds it very fascinating because when typing normal text, it looks like I'm using all of my fingers on my left hand, but only two on my right. But when I start []().{}/:;',ing I use a lot more.

Standard WPM is about 80. I'm not the most accurate typist; so a lot of fixing errors; if I found a way to get those out of my system, it'd probably start creeping on triple digits.

100+ depends on how complex the words are and such, my highest was 134 wpm on 10fastfingers

was born in 1995 and played computer since at least 1999. Would play on my dads AOL account on dial up. then they made aol kids.

thats true

According to my various measurements, I'm more than 70 WPM and less than 100 WPM and I'm more than 6 but less than 6.5. That's how you tell the truth. I'm sure I skewed down the lower thresh and skewed up the upper thresh, but I'm still accurate, I can 99.99% guarantee that.

How'd I get it? Well, it's just natural, I suppose.

100. My dad got me the typing of the dead as a kid and then it took off.

130+
FFXI from 2003-2010 or so

80 the last time i measured which was like 10 years ago

Practising for NAIPC, TopCoder and Google Code Jam. Some of the top competitors finish the coding rounds (consisting of 3 tough questions) in under 25 minutes! You can't do that unless you have a typing speed of at least 120wpm+

>60
am i a brainlet

70 on a good day, mostly because my brain outpaces my fingers and I get fucked up on what I'm doing.
Got that by finally deciding to stop looking at the damn keyboard when I typed (in mid-high school). Wasn't until college that I realized I could touch type worth a damn.

95-105 wpm usually. Used to be ~120 once but I suddenly got retarded around the age of 18-19 for no real reason and forgot how to use all the fingers on my right hand to type. After my retardation I only use the index finger and sometimes (very rarely) the middle finger on my right hand. I blame the fact that I had to move out and got myself a laptop, leaving my PC back home. The smaller keyboard makes me feel very uncomfortable when typing with both hands using all fingers.

I laughed

no you chillin

asdf

88 with 90% accuracy. But it also depends on how familiar I am with the keyboard.

YEARS of chatrooms and hobby writing

20 WPM with ~90% accuracy

>Be 12
>Be guy who always talks about programming since he was 9 years old
>Finger typing roughly 60wpm
>7th grade comes and I have my first computer class
>Learn homerow
>End of school year comes
>Substitute teacher says anybody who can pass their typing test faster than 80wpm can play games the rest of the class
>Me: I finished with 127wpm can I play games now?
>Accuses me of cheating
>Retake test while he watches
>134wpm

Yeah basically that's my story. I once hit 176wpm on fast fingers or whatever when I was 18 with 2 errors that I still corrected. I think I currently hover in the 115-125 range now because I don't program or type nearly as often as I used to

League of Legends helped me get to 120wpm because of all the flaming I did

On a good day, 110wpm. On a bad day, 95wpm.
In seventh grade computer class we had a couple weeks where we learned to touch type by recreating a sheet of paper that said (for example) "fjfjfjfj" repeated a lot. There was also a sheet of paper over the monitor and a rubber cover for the keyboard. We had to use home row. For some reason I got it in my head to do it as directed and not try to cheat it, and honestly I'm glad I did. The only bad habit I have is using left shift for all uppercase letters, instead of left shift only for uppercase letters on the right hand and right shift for uppercase letters on the left hand. I also am bad at the number row, though I'm decent at the numpad.

96 wpm by typing essays right before the deadline