Why should i learn Abstract Algebra?

Why should i learn Abstract Algebra?

Attached: lang algebra books.jpg (640x362, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T647CGsuOVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Some basic linear algebra is a must have if you want to get into graphics programming or gamedev.

Learning Abstract Algebra to get the basics of linear algebra is rather roundabout.

Graph theory, which is actually not that hard, is key for AI, intermediate programming, data structures, video games and stuff. It is part of abstract Algebra

basic linear algebra is just the representation theory of a field

Great if you intend to provide wholesome APIs. Read Elements of Programming, the creator of STL explains how. For instance, every class with its defined operator+ has to define a group.
Otherwise, you can use AA for cryptography. That's about it, really.

Because math is wonderful and beautiful

1.get a book
2.read the theorems and definitions
3.do the exercise
4.???
5.understand

wait oh fuck you said WHY not HOW mb

well math is very beautiful and fun :D

fuck that shit bruh

Math is not beautiful, it's just a tool. "Do this to get that" "Do this, that happens"
There is no deeper meaning or purpose.

ahh. here we found the underaged highschooler fuck

Baiting this hard. Fucking tranny cuckoid

Attached: 213n6ftbpiw01.jpg (509x501, 32K)

You're just autistic, stop looking for patterns in everything and get a hold of yourself. You think Euclid wrote his masterpiece because "yaaaaay circles *claps*"

>cape shit
you should kill yourself too

and maybe you should suck my dick

Because it will let you learn category theory, which will let you partake in the highest level of autistic programming language arguments on Jow Forums, and also help you design a programming language with a very strong mathematical foundation if you happen to do that. I thought abstract was pretty cool, and I felt like I understood lots of math and quirks with programming languages better after having taken it, so I recommend it to people who are already interested in math, but if you don't like math or don't see the beauty in it, it won't really do anything for you.

Yes. Math majors at school are weird as fuck, and not in an autistic way.

you think euler and other imaginary numbers fucks cared for uses?? i mean i itself is imaginary it doesn't have uses (or at least "didn't).

they made pure math for fun and the beauty of it (and money if the mathdude was in the 17th century) , oh wait pure math and imaginary numbers have uses?! yea you first make the theory/pure math then you see the uses, you must think people are making math to use it today right? no they solve diff eq and other shit for fun and it well have a use in the future, now fuck off nigger

As opposed to anonymous shitposters, those geniuses realised the potential of their work.

>anonymous shitposters

OH NO NO NO he doesn't realise that Jow Forums anons have 200+IQs HAHAhaha

Assume the contrary, then I present myself. Absurd. qed
oh wait

Why shouldn't you learn math? It's fun plus sets your brain straight.
Math is pure logic which is the foundation of Jow Forums and our world in general.

>i itself is imaginary
Arguably, i is more "real" than real numbers.
youtu.be/T647CGsuOVU

I know, i'm retarded and my wording is more retarded you can see that i know this by what i said (or at least "didn't")
>Arguably, i is more "real" than real numbers.
true, it mind fucked me when i realised we can't have a tablet with like 2pi length

>All our friends are here - 0, 1, negative numbers
oof.

math is a means to understand the universe*
Then people use it in engineering.

>can't have a tablet with like 2pi length
Yeah we can

Oh then wait another few hundred years. For now, it would be nice to be useful with math.

You are akin to football player asking why should he work out at the gym even though there are no dumbbells on the football pitch.

ah fuck i meant table, i was thinking about drawing tablet sorry and i meant to put meters after the pi.. but again you can't have (2)3.14.. a table or a tablet

Is this good book for learning C#? I want to buy Lang Algebra, and shop also has this. What about C# Design Patterns by Steven John Metsker? Are design patterns important for programming jobs?

Attached: c sharp programming book.jpg (500x656, 63K)

I'm not sure what tables have to do with it. However you absolutely can have a pi (or 2pi) length anything. That's the cool part about pi.

>Springer

It's like you don't want to be able to actually learn those things.

read my post again, now if you believe that get me a 2pi meters table, oh shit you can't because REAL NUMBERS AREN'T REAL. you can have 2 pi of a table but not 2pi meters

they are cool tho

Take a circle radius 1 meter, bring string around. Straighten string.

bro, you know what string is made of right? that stuff is discrete. while you need a continuous string (pretty much the real line) to get EXACTLY pi, you will never get to pi because string is made of discrete matter.

Well you can't have "exactly" anything because of limits of physics.

Or how about you take a cylinder radius 1 meter. Make a mark on it. Roll it along plank. Cut at both spots where the mark touches.

>Well you can't have "exactly" anything because of limits of physics.
>thatsthepoint.png

hence the real numbers aren't real

Learn math to not let your brain rot. Especially if you think you are bad at math, it will reinforce your brain and you will have a healthier life. I used to be almost retarded and now I'm only half retarded.

Attached: 24324235234.jpg (1440x1080, 123K)

Lang is a meme.

Shoo Wildberger

Wew.
1m table is also a real number faggot. Anything with dimension has this problem.

How? All of the material I can find (that isn't in comic sans) presupposes that you remember most of what you were taught in high school.

you knew what i meant, stop being a smartass

Go with khan academy to refresh yourself. then start actually rewriting notes. Luckily I kept all my notes from high school and something about reading my own hand writing might be what helps me remember shit.

I literally have no idea what your sophomoric ass is talking about. Lrn2analysis.

just like with programming there are two ways to approach math/programming:

you are an autist that LOVES programming or math, or you are a person that USES programming and math as a tool

one is not necessarily better or more successful than the other but the people using it as a tool are the ones who get shit done.

What a pathetic materialist cuck.

>tfw you are too smart to be rich

Error Correction, tropical geometry and a lot complex math objects can be translate to Abstract Algebra and then simple computing to linear algebra.

Attached: 3AB764E8-1E68-45A0-AF5E-3B0A4BC77401.jpg (383x499, 17K)

no, we understand the universe with theology, user.

>the workout / sport meme analogy

fuck off

Programmers should LOVE abstract algebra because they are a group that is CLOSED under multiplication!

The brainlet engineer strikes again

Attached: _1521581644370.png (403x393, 170K)

Attached: 9E4C6DA3-C522-4280-82AC-7763EAD87B93.png (303x166, 5K)

It's a requirement for solving Fizzbuzz