Saving the old one () from page 10.

Read the board sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1561441759369.jpg (1920x1078, 898K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/linux-source-tools/gimp-plugin-vtf
github.com/linux-source-tools/gimp-plugin-vtf.git
stackoverflow.com/a/40204392
docs.bleachbit.org/doc/winapp2ini.html
github.com/curl/curl/
curl.haxx.se/dev/internals.html
privacytools.io/providers/email/
restoreprivacy.com/google-alternatives/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the best streaming stick?

Attached: Hv2MP4M.jpg (1080x1366, 165K)

Roku for simplicity, Fire Stick for modability.

>Modability
Like installing APKs? It's for my mom so that won't be necessary.

Yeah basically.

None, build your own streaming HTPC box instead and install kodi/plex. There are very small form factor barebones like pic related (A300 desk mini) that even come with wifi. Best part is it's upgradable.

If ultrapoorfag and willing to compromise on upgradability, duct tape RPI 4 on the back of your tv, it supports 4K hevc decode now.

Attached: TB1HdJsSVXXXXcGXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!2-item_pic.png (203x189, 68K)

I wanna install a plugin for gimp (this github.com/linux-source-tools/gimp-plugin-vtf ) but I don't know how to compile it or what to compile it as even. I know gimp plug ins are either shell scripts or python files, but all of this here looks like c? I'm confused pls help. ;_;

make sure your build-essentials and libgimp2.0-dev is installed
then do these step by step
git clone github.com/linux-source-tools/gimp-plugin-vtf.git
cd gimp-plugin-vtf
make

the created file-vtf file is the one you want to copy to your plugin directory.

if you get errors post them here.

user, you're a fucking legend, thank you so much!!!

Attached: lovegif.gif (507x463, 158K)

I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET WINDOWS 7 TO RUN IN VIRTUALBOX IN 1920x1080 THAT SHIT IS FUCKING LOCKED AT 4:3 NO MATTER WHAT I SET "HINT" TO FUCK YOU 4:3 NERDS I WANT MY 16:9 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

...Okay yeah in all seriousness, how do I set VirtualBox to open my VMs in 16:9 on default? Windows 7 cannot detect that my "monitor" is 16:9 and refuses anything other than 4:3

Attached: 1560005459187.jpg (720x960, 73K)

Did you install the virtualbox guest additions?
Usually the guest system should automatically set the resolution to whatever the window is resized to.

I'm converting FFmpeg time syntax into seconds in Bash via the following code.

declare -ai time
declare -i length awk_index
declare sec rest

# Split timecode into milliseconds and the rest
time[0]=$(awk -P '{split($0,a,"."); print a[2]}'

If you're somehow extracting total length of media from ffmpeg screen output, consider using ffprobe. It's literally built for that purpose.
stackoverflow.com/a/40204392

That said, it's weird how you're doing all that splitting without considering to simply use the colon as a field separator.
decimaltime() {
awk -F: '{printf("%.3f\n", 3600*$1 + 60*$2 + $3)}'

Note: I haven't seen FFmpeg outputting a timestamp with less than three fields in ever, but in case you do you have to you can branch out over NF (number of fields in current record) using if-else or a switch statement.
This is how to do it for NF=3; for NF=2 you merely add the minutes times 60 and for NF=1 you just return $1.

Do you think murderers should be paroled once enough time has passed that their victims probably would have died anyway?

VirtualBox seems to naturally default to 640x480. How can I change this? I've already set the hint to 1920x1080

What's the latest recommended CCleaner equivalent?

None of these tools do anything useful.
What do you hope to gain from it?

BleachBit is free software doing the same job. It can be extended for additional applications and even import cleaning definitions from CCleaner:
docs.bleachbit.org/doc/winapp2ini.html

Can I connect a PC to a Netgear access point device and use that to connect to WiFi for the PC? Or is that not a function it alone can do?

>BleachBit
Thanks, stonetear.

You didn't answer the question.

>If you're somehow extracting total length of media from ffmpeg screen output
I want to allow all time syntaxes supported by FFmpeg as input for my script (until now you were forced to use seconds), but I need to calculate the output duration for later usage.
>That said, it's weird how you're doing all that splitting without considering to simply use the colon as a field separator.
I have to admit that it's my first time using awk. I wasn't even aware of that option, which is why I used split().
I'm a far greater retard though for not realizing, that I don't have to split the milliseconds separately. That would've simplified my original approach as well.

Anyway. Thanks a lot, user.

(EU) If I bought some "Windows included" Laptop and installed Fedora immediately, can I still sell the OEM key/sticker for some bucks? Or is it all hopelessly integrated these days?
>Why bother
Two kebabs are two kebabs

Attached: F9RWM4SIYYTPKGL.LARGE.jpg (761x538, 37K)

Lads for some reason messages aren't arriving normally in my phone, I recently formated it but I don't know what I've done different from other times.

Thing is, messages arrive replacing every character with a question mark for some reason, flashed LineageOS with Picogapps BTW.

Is there anything in particular that needs doing when installing Windows 8.1 to unlock the processor or get updates, as with Windows 7?
I notice that AMD's Ryzen-related program only supports Windows 10.

Attached: q0gwoxirzqnz.jpg (640x602, 58K)

A year ago I stole a work computer from a corp I used to work at. Is it safe to turn it on at home? My friend says maybe i should change out som hardware inside to make it safe. Whatcha think, Jow Forums? can amazon track me?

Attached: 3624172245_575aaa99bc_b.jpg (1024x768, 261K)

Just boot Linux on it, grab everything (if anything) you need from the hard drive and then wipe it.

My friend wants me to format and reinstall windows on his potentially virus-infested laptops. How do I do that without risking fucking up my PC and flash drive?

Started using gilab, trying to get an ssh key to work. I fed it my key, and when I ssh to
>PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
>Welcome to GitLab
And closes the connection. Which might be fine. But when I try to git push, it still asks for my user name and password

did you change your remote url to the ssh one instead of the http one?

I tried to overwrite a file with audacity and it created a duplicate called 0.mp3 and I can't fucking delete it, it requires admin privilege and whatever I do (delete as admin, powershell...) it just says I don't have the required privilege

NEVER seen that in my fucking life Audacity doesn't even run as admin

Winblows is a fucking joke

>have 1000x1000px video
>looks blurry in full size but perfect when viewed in a smaller window
>need it in 500x500 anyway
>render it downsized
>looks blurry

Is there no way around this?

scale it using nearest neighbor algorithm.

I did not. Thanks, it works now.

fucking never seen that shit

Attached: 001341.png (496x225, 14K)

Best email if I care about privacy?
>inb4 proton
I know proton, I'm fine with it if it's still the go to. Remember hearing it might be compromised. Have also seen others like tulanota. Would like to have option to use pgp and send encrypted to any address but that isn't a super big sticking point for me. Would love to host my own but I can't right now. Any suggestions/advice?

Can I still switch to classic captcha instead of pictures? They have been fucking up and not verifying when i click on all the goddamn fucking traffic lights and cars. I didnt see an option in settings

How do I actually read code in github?
I went to github.com/curl/curl/ to try to understand how curl works but it's a mess for me, I can't figure out where to start or what I'm looking for.
Basically, when I want to understand a part of a program on github, how do I do it. How can I find the code responsible for requesting a website in curl?

I think I did? I'm not sure what that is.

What is the recommended full-disk encryption software for Windows? I know of
>Bitlocker
>Veracrypt
>Librecrypt

Attached: 1558939305494(1).png (491x391, 37K)

i remember a link to a website that would teach you about computers networking and programming. does anyone have it? one of the first things it had u do was ssh into something

Attached: 1549669426944.jpg (700x520, 47K)

Are all computer case the same?
I have an ATX(I think? The big one) case from 2008. Can I use it to mount the more modern ones like H77 or B450?

Attached: 1470073363720.jpg (160x192, 18K)

Yes

Any drawback on using old case like this?

You don't get a tempered glass window to look at your RGB through.

Anyone?

Damn, no certified gaming rig, then.

Should I lie on my resume to get a good job?

Yes, but not too much
Dont claim to be an expert in something you know nothing about, but saying you know x if you've really only fucked around with it is 9/10 times fine. Just don't be retarded about what you lie about

How do I get the ass smell out of my office chair?

is the ryzen 3 about the same as an i5 4590 now?

get a new chair

Put it out in the sun and fresh air for a few hours or so

I'm a tech enthusiast who's just now starting to get serious. I'm working on getting my CCNA and Linux+. I'm learning python on the side, but I'm really interested in security.

What can I learn that's going to teach me about security? What's a good resource to go to? I've heard good things about CTF events and Hackthebox

Attached: 1545592482870.jpg (634x942, 192K)

My mouse wheel clicks, but doesn't scroll. Is it broken?

Bitlocker is standard afaik, which means there's probably some more secure shit out there

Try rollback the driver

With a big project like curl it will take some time to get into it. You can't avoid that.
It's usually a good idea to look at any external documentation first. Digging around in the docs directory, I found a link that might help you.
curl.haxx.se/dev/internals.html

Thank you, user, you're a lifesaver, I'll keep your advice stored for future use.

It's totally fine user, once you turn it off and on again all their tracking stuff resets and they can't find you. If you left it on and took it with you you're fucked though.

If you're already doing the Linux+ then studying for, and taking, the Security+ would be a good gateway.

Just run a linux live distro and delete it from there. Sounds like Windows won't let you delete no matter what.

Follow the advice from the last fucking thread you drooling moron.

do I need to worry about degree performance beside just getting a first

why is this when i try to open BF4

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (494x193, 20K)

pls respond

Yes you have to activate it.

I want to add recommendations to my website. Are there any preexisting libraries that do it? Or do I have to bust out an adjacency matrix and graph theory this stuff myself?

so i'm learning me some networking and still see classful addressing taught/referenced quite often even if only briefly (few slides, short vid lesson etc)
why is that if all of internet runs on cidr?
is it for historical reasons only (we gotta know how it was in the 'old days') or am i missing something?

Boot some OS using a read only optical drive.

Depends. Are you talking about the 2000 series or 3000? I would wait for July 7th. Once it's generally available, reviewers will start doing benchmarks. You might want to pay special attention to single thread performance if you are interested in gaming.

Why are you afraid of it fucking your flash drive, anyway? Aren't all viruses gone if you format it thoroughly?

privacytools.io/providers/email/
restoreprivacy.com/google-alternatives/
Ease of use shit mainly, being able to hide cables behind the motherboard, SSD mounts in weird locations, fan mounts. Nothing critical.

>privacytools.io/providers/email/
90% of them you have to pay for, and the other 10% only have a shitty "free trial" after 7 days

Yes, if you don't pay you can't expect them to not sell your data. That's "free" email's business model.

graduading in december in CS, will be 26 years old kek. how fucked am I with a trash gpa and no real internships?

I want my debian laptop to automatically unmount all remote storage before it suspends, otherwise it tends to throw a fit and won't let me access them upon resume. Where would I even begin to look into how I might make it do this?

I'm doing an overhaul on my pc and I've got everything sorted out except for my powersupply. I have all the specs on the one I found but I wanted to know, do I need to worry about its size? are there proprietary PSU sizes that I should be looking for? I can fit a large one but will one that is smaller not fit or line up with my screw holes?

make a bash script
run your umount scripts then run suspend

Is there a way to use quickbooks for the same company when the two users don't work in the same location ie different cities?

Okay really dumb question here: I got a basic version of Gentoo running on an old pc and I want to install gnome DE on it so I am not limited to text I/O. Is there a easy portage command I can use?

Open Source music player for Windows 10 that is maintained.
What is the best program that meets the criteria?

whenever im trying to trim a section of a video in ffmpeg it seeks and trims just fine but the timeline in my mpv player shows 5 inaccessible extra seconds tagged on at the end
any way to alleviate this
ffmpeg -ss 30 -i in.mkv -t 30 -codec copy out.mkv

a followup i tried this same command on another file and it did not have those extra seconds at the end however it did start the seek after the first chapter mark rather than the beginning of the video so im at even more of a loss

Why does g use Arch over any other distro? Such as Gentoo(customizable) or Debian(secure).
I just don't want to mindlessly follow the InstallGentoo Wiki or install a limited OS.

You have to use a program that does "normal cut" because ffmpeg follows keyframes

Is there a working script to archive threads here or on other chans?

Jow Forums is not one person, install whatever you want. Besides that wiki is out of date on a lot of things. If you need other people to validate your choices for you, MX linux is #1 on distrowatch.

There must be since archives exist. Fuuka is the name of one set of software I happen to know of.

>Fuuka
Apreciated user.

Being forced to upgrade my ancient rig because my GPU finally gave up the ghost. Is it true that newer cards throw a fit if your mobo isn't UEFI-based?

Thanks, I was considering it as well, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew right now. I'm looking for a job in IT in the next 6 months with CCNA, Linux + soon to follow it

Not that fucked. Get certs, make a good resume, you'll be fine. Experience means 100x more than GPA

why does my wifi suck on my tablet but its fine on my pc and phone

>Not using qubesOS

Attached: 1545592542692.jpg (400x551, 77K)

foobar2k is making duplicates of audio files and the delete duplicate file option dont work. How to fix please?

Tablet antenna is weak shit. You might also be blocking it with the way you're holding it.

I have two 1440p displayport monitors and a 1080p hdmi tv.

My internet (wifi) is fine when I run with any two of these, when I plug in the third, my internet, and nothing else, slows down dramatically. Can anyone explain how or why the fuck this is happening? I've tested every variable i could think of. And no I can't run a cable otherwise I fucking would have months ago.

Attached: 1547912454896.jpg (428x424, 20K)

Hey /sqt/, the original creator of /obsd/ here.
Is there any chance that you'll add that general to your list of generals? It has gotten very active and every thread is getting more than 200+ comments. Thanks in advance.