Open spotify app on linux to play a record 350mb

Open spotify app on linux to play a record 350mb

open ff, go to jewtube, (with ublocker on) open same full album, 170 mb.

why is this allowed?

Attached: zrarqnhmkoaihvzss5ek.jpg (1600x900, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/spotify.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

btw I'm talking about ram usage

If i had to guess, Electron

Spotify is reducing c++ codebase to get more cosmos code inside I.e js. Firefox hasn't descended to those depth of autism yet. Thank god I quit while it was that idea was just getting pushed.

> ff
> 170mb
I almost believe in you

>why does my high bitrate music use more RAM than low bitrate YouTube shit
gee I dunno OP

it takes more memory even when not playing absolutly anything.
its firefox with just one tab open

With 350mb jewfy could probably buffer a large discography

Nope they use cef not electron. But you are right they are pushing most of their code base from the c++ code to the js modules I.e each page is its own module all in js. So only the main encoding and music fetching is in c++ everything else has been moved to js. On Firefox you are only loading one js module fetching the others when you need them and not prerendering with shitloads of event listeners.

do you think the android app is less bloated?
why can't they just made a simpler app, or minimalistic mode, 99% of the time is running on the background, or even let a third party app access the library if you have an account or something like that ffs.

thats not how that works. youtube also needs to display a video

When I was there a lot of the main c++started leaving so a lot of the back end core code was deemed hard to maintain so what they decided was js devs are cheaper and a dime a dozen. The original plan was to simply have a java and swift app. There was even multiple versions of them made as poc management decided that a more cross platform app was needed(which I understand) for managing purposes. As a result some devs started porting all features that could be shared to js modules. This was more of a Band-Aid until we could start porting the code into a proper platform. But quickly after they started trying to force senior c++ devs to work on the JavaScript side or get replaced and so many left. Now it looks like they continuing with the bandaid. Ps the way its made the more eventlisteners they add it will exponentially get slower.

>it takes more memory even when not playing absolutly anything.
Ever heard about buffering?

what a ps, do you think reverse engineering the app to create a custom lightweight client is too hard? do they change the api very often?

> poorfag ramlet
Buy more ram and stop computing on a wood-box.
8 cores goes for like $150.
32GB goes for $1xx
> why is this allowed?
Caching to accelerate speed.
Non-poor fag baseline config assumptions...

Take a look at how much storage spotify takes up on your phone. Post the screencap
> cry
Louder

> code garbage an in inferior language
> leaves and lets the retards sort it out
Based

Are you retarded?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1553525105477.jpg (682x1023, 192K)

stallman.org/spotify.html

>> poorfag ramlet
>Buy more ram and stop computing on a wood-box.

Imagine being this retarded, you should be able to use spotify on any potato, btw, is not catchig shit, when I hit play I can see the network going up, meaning is downloading, hence its pure bloatware.

>paying to stream music

Attached: 1561090186482.png (494x433, 206K)

So there's a few things you'll bump Into firstly token generation is a rolling code that you'll need to even talk to the api. (Premium api is actually completely different). Then you'll need to decode the audio file that gets send. If you're familiar with panda or any memory dumping and reversing you'll be golden. Given it will always be slower then the app itself. After all that they do change the api from time to time but it seems like more like adding new paths then editing. An example is with the 1.0.70 Spotify release for linux. The api to get calls should all be in the c++ core unless they broke the architecture again making the calls from the js modules.

Ironically I think they would have been way better with felgo but thats much more recent and don't see them doing a 180 anytime soon.

Imagine being this retarded
> Imagine being this poor and thinking that others don't recognize you
Confirm by posting how much ram your compute has and what percentage is being use. You will either confirm you are a poorfag or a retard.
> you should be able to use spotify on any potato
Is this confirmation that you are using a potato.
It runs on phones. Are they potatoes? Check and see how much storage it uses on a phone. It's 10Gb+.. It's called caching.
> btw, is not catchig shit,
Dumbfag confirmed. It's caching and swapping based on your listening habbits. Lets see if your dumbass can find the tech talk.
> when I hit play I can see the network going up
If its not cached', it has to dl it. If the allocated portion is full, a replacement policy is invoked and it will be swapped out. Basic programming 101.
> meaning is downloading, hence its pure bloatware.
Confirmed dumbass poorfag.
Thanks for the exchange.
Code bases are steaming freight trains at corps. They rarely do big revisions as they don't bring in new revenue. Once a solid code base is established, piles of shit are added on to extend features which results in a mess. Anyone whose worked in tech has this experience which is why the smart people get the fuck out of dodge when the code base eventually amounts to this.

You are true with that last part. Given they butchered the original all codebase. Since they were really gunho with the js porting many feature on the core are broken or striped or half ported since the other half can't be ported for example. So the problem wasn't that there wasn't a code revision but that the course deviated hard to a cheaper js path before the apps were finished. So there was never an established code base in place. There were core features but much of the building on those was never completed.

>Confirm by posting how much ram your compute has and what percentage is being use. You will either confirm you are a poorfag or a retard.
If I have too much ram you are going to say I shouldn't complain because I have too much, and If i have too few you are going to complain about that too, you a re a mongoloid.

Whats the point of caching beyond the current song? the time it takes to download the first chunk is nearly instant

Stop being such a sheep user.

Then just go to the spotify webpage, who cares. Also, 32GB 3200CL16 RAM is sub 200 eur these days, I can afford using like 0.5% more RAM.

>Confirm by posting how much ram your compute has and what percentage is being use. You will either confirm you are a poorfag or a retard.
Not OP but I remember listening to mp3s in the 90s on my 100Mhz pentium with 32MB of ram. Bloat is real, stop being a shill.

>local file playback requires less resources than DRM streaming
WOW

>hundreds of megabytes of bloat, spying and ads in exchange for less features
peak 2019

stop being a ramlet poorfag

This is how a lot of code is developed in silicon valley... Idiots w/ no vision ask for prototypes and proof of concepts in order to give engineering-Go. Shit is rushed/hacked together to get this approval. Once the approval is given, this shit tier code resides at the core and is just built atop. If you ever bring up a big code revision or edit to the core you will be looked at like you're crazy

you don't know how anything works, do you?

>If I have too much ram you are going to say I shouldn't complain because I have too much
It's 2019 after-all and ram is stupid cheap. If you complain, you're a poorfag or retarded to not get this. Nobody's changing their code base. So, the solution is : buy more ram .. or cry like a retarded poorfag on /g which will result in no change.
> and If i have too few you are going to complain about that too
You're complaining. I'm pointing out why its retarded. You can't tell the difference because you're retarded.
> you a re a mongoloid.
Classic projection from an retard who isn't self aware.
> Whats the point of caching beyond the current song?
I have over 30k songs in my saved list and 100s if not 1k+ playlists. Using machine learning, you can figure out what I frequent and what I don't. If I have storage/ram sitting idle, it makes sense to utilize it to speed up my experience and reduce bandwidth transactions. This is most important on mobile with bandwidth caps which is why, in some cases, spotify uses up to 20gigs+.
> the time it takes to download the first chunk is nearly instant
The time it takes when it is local is instant.
> Stop being such a sheep user.
Stop being a luddite you retarded faggot and stop being a poorfag who screeches about a trend that wont change.

I remember winamp and shitty quality mp3s too.
100Mhz pentium.. there's something called audio decoder/encoders. They're asics. it doesn't involve the CPU. Bloat is real and it isn't going to change. You can cry on /g about it or get with the times. Stop being a faggot.

Yet your faggot ass still uses it. Why? because its the best out there. Now stfu or go back to spending half your day hunting down mp3s and trying to manage it yourself

wtf I love spotify now

Spotify does not just load up one song a the time like YouTube. I have turned my phone on flight mode and listened to several songs after one another.

>spying and ads

There's tons of solutions on Github for blocking Spotify's spying and ads.