CS is hard meme

>CS is hard meme
Why the fuck do normies think fucking programming is hard? Seriously it pisses me the fuck off. It's easy as shit, just turn in your work and score within literally the 50th percentile of programs and you will have a functional program. Companies are paying for CS majors to have a GPA 3.2 or above and they don't even care about most of the theory just if you can do X skill. Software engineering is literally a glorified office job and they get paid more than actual STEM majors.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rasmussen.edu/degrees/technology/blog/is-computer-science-degree-worth-it/
computersciencedegreehub.com/faq/what-is-the-employment-outlook-for-computer-science-careers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

being a code monkey is easy

CS isn't programming

>normies

Companies could care less what "CS" is or is not. As long as it means "something to do with computers" people will pay you an upper-class salary even if the product is trash. It's crazy.
>Pic related is an app made by a company that enlisted at least 25 programmers.

Attached: FarmVille1_MainBannerimage-min.jpg (1800x815, 347K)

CS courses are easy. Coding is easy. Writing good code however is not. Good code is really just a good algorithm. Any brainlet can code, but it takes a special kind of genius (autism) to write a good algorithm, like the fast inverse square root.

>CS = programming

Attached: 700.jpg (208x326, 10K)

Read the post again.
>sOFtWarE eNgINEEriNg is LiTeRalLy a GlOrifIEd OffIce joB AnD they GET PAid morE ThaN aCTUal sTem majoRs.
Yeah my point is that people pay money for brainlets which is astonishing.

show us something you've made then, if it is so fucking easy.

>CS
>programming

Attached: 1561339499125-g.gif (320x240, 2.42M)

>he thinks I'm a CS major
Why do something so boring?

>Yeah my point is that stupid people pay stupid people for stupid things
Like fat fucks going to McDonalds™, it's usually done to save time. When I was freelancing I found most clients were dumb boomers who often said they'd do it themselves but were too busy doing other shit.

>needing to take calc 1, calc 2, and sometimes calc 3
Eeeeee

>waiting for "i wrote 30 python scripts that i.a. deal with very basic database interactions and there are currently 20 users on my server."
kek

Well fuck off with this thread then, you don't know shit

Having a degree is meaningless without experience. If you're only going to bother getting a degree and think that will get you special treatment, then I have some nice beachfront property to sell to you on the cheap.

CS is 90% about math and algorithms and 10% to do the coding part... if it's not the case in your school it means you managed to enroll in a retardfactory which takes money for something which is already on youtube tutorials

This. If you want a "programming degree" then you're better off getting a computer science/technology certificate instead. Or, learn to program yourself, contribute to public projects, and forego having to waste hundreds or thousands of dollars on degrees or certificates.

Sorry but the fact is companies are willing to hire CS brainlets with a 3.2 GPA. A fucking 3.2. That's like a C average. The reality is that most CS degree holders don't actually know the theory that most schools claim to have and companies don't care.

damn you posted it already
good job fellow /sci/chad
But seriously, no offense to CS majors but a lot of talentless a d unintelligent losers think they can just hop into CS because "haha yeah I'm good with computers dude". The curriculum is beyond easy but sadly these type of people can't handle even that.

Sure, you can get hired by some meme boomer company that doesn't know any better. Any company worth it's salt, however, is going to throw your resume into the trash if all it lists is "I read some books on this subject"; or, you'll easily get weeded out during the interview process.

I agree. People with CS degree shouldn't work in those companies, those jobs can be filled with fresh high school kids or factory workers after a 3-4 week coding courses.
Sooner or later those jobs will get replaced by AI anyways

Hmm nope that's not what the data says sorry. Read here: rasmussen.edu/degrees/technology/blog/is-computer-science-degree-worth-it/

People pay less on Associate's if they do the smart thing and go to community college. This is why CS majors with concentration in SWE exist.
How many companies are worth their salt, do you think? The market for the CS major looks good regardless of GPA computersciencedegreehub.com/faq/what-is-the-employment-outlook-for-computer-science-careers/
Fucking 61% hiring prospects for making flappy bird. At that point software engineering becomes more like advertiser engineering.
I think that if we are at a point which students are being replaced by AI (i;e being obsolete) then there would be less demand for CS majors.

programming is not hard, but depends on what you're developing
algebra, on the other side, could be considered alien technology

Oh god I sound like a pajeet. What I meant to say that it's better to go to community college then Uni. My issue is that most jobs in the US are software and often times software is identical to other software. The only time software is valuable is when it's an actually useful app that could be extended to sustain advertisements and future value such as Amazon's shopping app.

It's true. Early programming was a bitch to do because of limitations of the computer and the accessibility of PCs. Today it's not hard at all.