Running a TOR exit node at home

>Running a TOR exit node at home
feeling comfy desu

Attached: LCU4uAn.jpg (1920x1080, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide
blog.torproject.org/tips-running-exit-node
zdnet.com/article/austrian-man-raided-for-operating-tor-exit-node/
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/04/07/couple-hosting-tor-exit-node-raided-by-cops-investigating-child-abuse/
boingboing.net/2015/08/04/what-happened-when-the-fbi-sub.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

comfiness is the first step towards COMPROMISED

Just be prepared if you live in a five eyes country or Europe. Several Tor exit node operators have gotten visits from police due to CP over the years. You'll need to explain what you're doing and why. If that doesn't cut it and they have a warrant, they might confiscate every single electronic device in your home until they figure out you're harmless.

What it's info? I want to set it as my dedicated exit in my config

local PD notified

why would you do that?
Its like telling everyone to "do crimes from my address"

Bullshit. Source.

Same.
Not my home. But a home.

>be computer repair guy
>go to people houses
>repair computer
>set an exit node in the background
>tell them to never turn off computer because "it's bad for the hardware".

Attached: 1552022080028.jpg (437x444, 17K)

Based and redpilled.

the solution to this problem is more exit nodes

Attached: 3630343931353.gif (458x260, 688K)

Some guy in Russia was arrested for running one.

grannys gonna get her fucking door busted down one of these days

hehe upboat

>they get police sent to them
>they explain you're their computer repair guy
>you get charged with computer fraud/hacking
>send to prison for 5 years
>become bubba's bitch

Doing God's work

Attached: 269.png (617x466, 222K)

Just wondering, won't you get like ip banned on every possible site (including this) within a day running an exit node.

>assuming people aren't contacting me from my craigslist computer repair ad and taking calls with a burner phone and riding my bike to their house with gloves on

Attached: image.jpg (700x1252, 133K)

What are some public places where you could set up and leave an TOR exit node running?

Couldn't you just leave raspis to any McDonalds'? Just find a socket and a place to hide them.

People in Russia get arrested for having opinions.

Will the raspi re-connect and re-start the exit node if the internet is down for a period of hours but the password is the same?

Couldn't you just make a cron job that restarts the node when internet connection is established?

what animé is this from?

There is a reason why the TOR Foundation provides pre-written legal statements for operators to submit when they have police action taken upon them.

>computer "repair man" on a bike
Give it back Jamal

wew

yuru camp

Yuru camp. Never watched it, seen some screenshots and webms. I just know.

Fellow node operator here, I have some news user:

Exit relays have the greatest legal exposure and liability of all the relays. For example, if a user downloads copyrighted material while using your exit relay, you the operator may receive a DMCA notice. Any abuse complaints about the exit will go directly to you (via your hoster, depending on the WHOIS records). Generally, most complaints can be handled pretty easily through template letters, which we'll discuss more in legal considerations section.

>Because of the legal exposure that comes with running an exit relay, you should not run a Tor exit relay from your home. Ideal exit relay operators are affiliated with some institution, like a university, a library, a hackerspace or a privacy related organization. An institution can not only provide greater bandwidth for the exit, but is better positioned to handle abuse complaints or the rare law enforcement inquiry.

From: trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide

Run a relay instead!!

thanks frens

Attached: Apu Jensen - Deus Ex.jpg (757x627, 84K)

Have fun getting time attacked using only 1 exit node

Attached: image.jpg (279x180, 16K)

I have 5 raspi’s set up as exit modes at home. Is very nice.

Hell yeah you could nigguh

could you make a pendrive that installs an exit node in the background and that activates itself each time the PC is powered on?

Attached: 1560322044104.png (990x1485, 937K)

A what?

flash drive, usb drive however you want to call it

Lies, keep doing what you're doing OP. The vast majority of us use TOR for harmless and perfectly legal purposes.

at least he didn't call it a jump drive

a magic key

Kek.

Like any of you "need" privacy. Unless you are a terrorist, a pedo or some other criminal.

Journalists use TOR too.

Says the guy posting on an anonymous message board

I've-got-nothing-to-hide-cucks BTFO

What if I like taking pics of my (tiny) dick and shoop silly hats on them?

Hell yeah you could. Shouldn’t be too hard at all to whip up a bash script that could accomplish such a thing. Though I’m talking about a Linux system. Not sure about windows, but I’m sure it could probably also be done.

Have there been any cases of long-term consequences for running a Tor exit node from home?

Idea:
>set up exit node
>save the content of all unencrypted traffic that goes through to an asymmetrically encrypted drive
>wait for some illegal shit to go through your server
>when the police coming knocking, you know you have something good on your machine
>can probably find it based on the time authorities claim the illicit traffic went through
>???
>??????????

If you live in a country where your ISP sends you DMCA letters you eventually might be forced to shut it down after too many pile up.

When it comes to law enforcement you are better off warning them the day you set it up about the possible situation of someone doing something malicious. That way when it does happen they don't raid your house and seize all your computer equipment which for some can interfere with work and your career.

As for saving all the information that leaves the node thats a good idea but you have to remember if they are using https the traffic will still be encrypted. I guess if they have a nefarious post on a website at 3:12 PM on June 26th they could atleast see that it was done via the exit server

blog.torproject.org/tips-running-exit-node
zdnet.com/article/austrian-man-raided-for-operating-tor-exit-node/
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/04/07/couple-hosting-tor-exit-node-raided-by-cops-investigating-child-abuse/
boingboing.net/2015/08/04/what-happened-when-the-fbi-sub.html

Don't run Tor nodes from home unless the chance of your home being raided is acceptable to you. And the most pertinent point of running a Tor node from home, is that most home users have an upload speed that is next to useless and worth fuck all to the network bandwidth, making it a pointless waste of time and resources when compared to a VPS or bare metal on a backbone. Because end users will simply re-rout to get off your shitty hardware and shitty connection. Your RPi's don't help the Tor network. They're a hindrance and annoyance when you could be connecting to much better servers with much better bandwidth.

>be me
>study CCNA
>wageslaving 5 years
>get CCNP
>start working in an ISP
>MAKE IT ONE BIG EXIT NODE
it's all according to the plan

Attached: 1560399475366.jpg (622x424, 16K)

gonna need to see some pics

What do you get for running an exit node? I live in a 3rd world shithole, would it worth my time?

You help provide autistic neckbeards means to indulge in CP