I want to build 2 PCs and keep them separate but have access to both of them instantly through 4 monitors

I want to build 2 PCs and keep them separate but have access to both of them instantly through 4 monitors.

PC1 will have Windows for gaming
PC2 will have Linux for everything else and will be the main machine connected to all of my monitors and peripherals

I want to access PC1 at all times, and use it as a headless sever to play games through my linux PC2.
Both will have gigabit ethernet, and I already own a gigabit ethernet switch, so I can share files between the two quite easily.

VNC is a shit solution it seems and still has latency issues. Are there any better 0 latency, local remote viewing applications?

And no, I don't want to fuck around with passthroughs or VMs, or KVM switches (Mainly because they're all shit). There has to be a seamless way in 2019.

Attached: 1394644198831.jpg (823x646, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln295251/how-to-configure-u2415-monitor-daisy-chaining-on-intel-hd-graphics?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you stupid? It's two separate machines. Remote is your only option.

HDMI switches?

Attached: 41N9KFoYKoL._AC_SY400_.jpg (400x400, 16K)

But why aren't there any good remote viewing options with near 0 latency? Isn't gigabit ethernet enough?

needs to support 4 monitors at 1440p. Nothing on the market supports this.

USB type c monitors, there is hope, since they're controllable by the PC. But few are on the market right now.

Have you tried steam in home streaming?

just use a usb switch for your keyboard and mouse

Just use kvm switch.

other games don't use steam.

there are none that support 4 monitors at 1440p. see

Steam In Home Streaming is the fastest thing I've used. But, even with gigabit ethernet and hardware encoding, it still introduces some lag. May or may not be noticeable to you. It's free and works with any software (not just Steam games), so might as well give it a shot.

Attached: steam-inhome-streaming-645x613.jpg (645x613, 88K)

>0 latency, local remote viewing applications?
literally nothing will do what you want, especially not at 1440p x4 for gaming.

I said USB switch, not HDMI switch.
Switch your peripherals between machines.
The monitors don't need to switch.

Good point.

The monitors can be switched, the problem is their built in control panels are garbage. I guess I could invest in newer type C usb monitors which have direct access from the PC to their control panels to seamlessly switch.

kvm abbreviates to keyboard video mouse

>type C usb monitors
do these carry video as well as USB, so your mouse and keyboard could plug to the monitor and switch with the video source? That'd be ideal if you can find one with a quick source menu option. But make sure your OS doesn't drop the screen from your layout like mine does when switched away.

>And no, I don't want to fuck around with passthroughs or VMs
But why? This is literally the best solution.

dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln295251/how-to-configure-u2415-monitor-daisy-chaining-on-intel-hd-graphics?lang=en

daisy chain, then maybe use an HDMI switch and separate usb switch if your monitor supports it.

DP daisychain can't do 4x 1440p.

there might be a dedicated DP splitter that could handle it, maybe.

>And no, I don't want to fuck around with passthroughs or VMs
Blessed lazy boomer

First of all it's a bitch to set up. And second, it sometimes doesn't work on some setups. Also need to use Windows command prompt.

>Also need to use Windows command prompt.

You can use a VM for that. But if you need to use the gpu, then you're out of luck.

Your screens being 1440p makes this a giant nightmare. If they were all 1080p it would be feasible a number of different ways.

This. USB switch is god-tier.
>Reach out and hit a button
>Instantly switch your keyboard and mouse between computers

Just use Synergy.

>instantly
never seen this

Surprised it took this long for someone to post the correct answer.

because that doesn't solve the original problem.