How do you stay productive, Jow Forums?

How do you stay productive, Jow Forums?
I cannot concentrate for longer than 30 minutes at a time, and the more i age, the worse it seems to get. It's a living hell. I know I'm not the only one here with concentration issues, so I'm asking for some tips here.

Please help me.

Attached: DfaIw-0WsAAnpg8.jpg (600x600, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315884.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you tried mindfulness meditation?

How te fuck can I meditate if I can't stop thinking for more than 10 seconds.

bump for interest

I can't even get Adderall in my country, it's completely banned here.

Practice

I smoke weed and drink coffee. I used to tale methylphenidate aka Ritalin but i quit after high school.

I always laugh when stoners claim weed makes them productive

Nigga that shit is a passivity-inducing estrogen bomb

i have ADHD until i decided to sit on my ass and learn every day 12 hours strait,
today im working as sysadmin before i was server side developer.. most of my knowledge i get from self learning and years of practice,
ADHD is psychological bullshit, is the result of self degeneration

Have serious concentration issues, and it seems to be down to dissociation. My therapist recommends mindfulness meditation as well..

How did you stay focused though? I've done fairly well teaching myself things, but it's a fucking grind that takes much longer than it should, because I am constantly drifting off, shifting my attention to other stupid shit.

That's like asking how can I lift if I have baby arms. You gotta start somewhere.

Anyone use pomodoro technique?

EXERCISE

Seriously. Having a permanent high blood sugar is wrecking your attention span and puts a dent in your IQ. Exercise lowers blood pressure, meaning you will be calmer and less prone to ADHD it also increases BDNF (brain derived neuro trophic factor) aka the stuff that helps you learn new information.

Attached: shitop.png (500x500, 27K)

>I cannot concentrate for longer than 30 minutes at a time, and the more i age, the worse it seems to get.
i have the same issues but i am constantly bombarded with information due to what i do. i smoke weed to chill and focus. i get stoned, my brain slows down. having a million things going on in your head gets a bit tiring and especially when you need to work on something. :)

What is that image trying to prove? It has been shown that high IQ brains show a similar pattern of less activation compared to normalfags.

>ADHD is psychological bullshit, is the result of self degeneration
t. intellectually disabled moron.

>How did you stay focused though
Let me guess headaches, boredom, obsessive thoughts...
Let me tell you something
It exists in everyone,
It's true that some have it more and some have less,
But this is natural and exists in everyone.
Every learning process in the beginning is terrible, but when you stick to it it gets easier..
And in addition to the obvious
I just decided that this is all that will interest me in life and that is all I will do ..
At the end it started to be fun more fun than playing games and masturbating into my stocking.
Just sit and learn slowly without pressure,
Make sure you understand everything before you move on take notes,diagrams etc.
Even when your head explodes you will always give a little extra push even when it seems useless.
At the end of your thoughts you will be busy with just that, and you will think about it also outside the learning environment.
You will see that you will not be able to think about anything else except that ..

ADHD is just a new name for stupid kids so the zoomers don't get butthurt about being called stupid.

it takes 2-3 weeks to train your mind and body but is totally worth it. you could wallow in anxiety or actually take the time to gain control over your mind.

It works pretty well for dilling textbooks, in my experience.

Org pomodoro is a thing in Emacs. Haven't tested it out yet, but org + pomodoro seems like a powerful combination.

"Cannot contact recaptcha. Please do another five minutes of unpaid mTurk work."
There's going to be a point where I just stop using this website. Not even nofap and digital detox could get me off this site, but captcha might do the job.

That works as a borderline treatment, doubt it impacts ADHD.
Plus the side effects of meditation include becoming passive and absorbent to ideology. This is an unseen issue with meditation. I make sure to maintain a somewhat consistent fervour of opinion (to say as much extreme opinion as possible) in order to compensate for the meditation. That said, the retentiveness of a person may also increase from it.

Personally, I found I absorbed and retained less after starting it. My energy and enthusiasm for things declined too. But it did calm me down and improved my grades in the final two years of uni through that alone (even if it meant I had to study more to gain knowledge).

I also drown constantly in thought. My head is like a court room constantly in debate where I wilfully control both sides of the room.
Sounds a bit like democracy :^)

Attached: 1501627812142.gif (172x250, 25K)

A normal mind is a passive lake. You have an idea of where you want to go and no wind to get there.
An ADHD mind is like the roaring forties. The wind blows a strong gale and you have no idea where you are heading most of the time.

Attached: 5287f912933b4f43aa819ad535b3b480f7d2c762aea4c0990ec7a97e323949d3.png (314x373, 157K)

The trick is doing things

I started meditation and exercising last year when I was a retard kid. I used to do 3 hours of 50 min work 10 min break pomodoros everyday and now I can do up to 12 hours a day. I'm absolutely brutal when it comes to getting things done and focusing because of the meditation and exercise. Still a retard though.

I also can't stop thinking, but it's not "me" that's thinking. There's a continuous internal monologue all day long where my voice practices speeches and explanations. I usually tune it out and sometimes find myself surprised by what ridiculously contrived bullshit is being acted out when I tune back in.

>ADHD Isn’t real

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315884.php

What did you use for meditation? Or at least getting started on learning it?

I was diagnosed at an early age
They gave me Ritalin and all that
I never believed I could learn or sit for hours and concentrate
But the power of habit did its job
Hours and hours of migraine headaches and an internal war inside my brain
Daily suffering and frustration and fear that I will never succeed or that there is no point because I learn too slowly ..
it's all nonsense
Because when you decide that nothing else is as important or as interesting as what you do you find yourself dealing with it all the time
And like a computer database all your thoughts in the database are targeted to one neat and comfortable structure

just forcing myself to keep going.

if the topic is boring then its particularly difficult but I've been alright so far in my degree.

Just telling myself to fucking get on with it helped a lot, as miserable as some of the assignments have been e.g. matlab (which actually turned out to be my best grade yet)

>inb4 retard
dyspraxia presents itself across the IQ range

Attached: 1527638525387.jpg (800x1000, 64K)

smoke some pot

take your meds

Indeed. Sailboats on the 40s regularly strayed off course and ended up being stranded in the middle of nowhere. But overall it got to Batavia faster than other routes.
Passive lakes are overground puddles that are useless to travel to places on.

If I had a strong wind blowing, easier seas and a good sense of direction, I'd be king of the world.
But another issue is having a direction to go at all. You need a bit of chaos for that.

Attached: ac2ef857f22ede5a7a9bc4632c35919c.jpg (241x243, 23K)

I'm a bit different. I deliberately antagonise my thought patterns for discord and chaos. It's really getting to the point where I need lucidity again like I did early on in high school.
I tend to like sailing to whatever the wind carries me to. If it does not sail I burn a fire and create an updraft to breeze my sails.

Fuck me this is Shelley Byron material. I need to write this down.

Attached: laughing duck.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

I think you're mischaracterising the effects, or experiencing an unusual result. My experience hasn't been that it makes me susceptible to ideology. Quite the opposite, in fact, I find it's made me resistant the prominent ideologies of my culture: individualism, hedonism, and materialism.
You can complain it induces apathy, but I'd hazard that you're misidentifying disillusionment with the frivolity of the zeitgeist.
I think you're fighting a revelation, my friend.

this chaos that your talking about
Comes mainly from your indecision about what you want to do
Think of it again as a computer
You install thousands of useless software on your computer
Memory is bursting with shit,
The processor burns from all the resources it needs to maintain the system, and the programs running in the background.
You do not work so differently..
You have a pile of thoughts you do not really need,
Sometimes they are so stupid that you get into a kind of loop Trying to think where they came from makes complicated logic and all that,
The idea is to simplify everything and focus only on one or two things,
It's done through the fact that all you think about is just what you're working on,
And your brain will get used to running thoughts that are only related to this thing..
>Fuck me this is Shelley Byron material. I need >to write this down.
do the needful fag goodluck :)

Concentrate for 31 minutes one day, then 32 the next. Measuring your progress actually helps, it's not just a fucking game/isekai meme

>isekai
I'm behind on my weebery, what's a good example of the anime genre this refers to?

using what method?

dont do anything in pic related and youll be fine

Attached: ece.jpg (750x536, 64K)

it makes you interested in boring ass bullshit, you need to be passive

re:zero, konosuba, alice in wonderland

You are wrong to think that you will need to concentrate to meditate mindfulness, vipassana, zen etc
Mindfulness meaning just be aware that you have ADHD and cannot stop thinking. In fact, leave it be, don't judge, if you keep saying to yourself stop thinking about sweets, you will think about sweets.
Also, don't hate your ADHD, aversion or any negative emotions will make your mind wander more.
And you can meditate anywhere, at any given moments, the time it take can be vary from 10 second to 30s.
I will recommend breathing and sound meditation. By sound you can find high pitched and continous tone like tingsha or tibetan bowls. These continous tone will help you train your focus, just 10 seconds is fine.
Next is breathing meditation, try to focus on your breath, give that job to monkey mind. Either just be aware of breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out or counting the breath whichever feels better do it.

Do not think of nothing, leave them alone, do not talk to the thoughts, just be aware that you have many thoughts while you mediate with (aware of) sound or breath.

Oh I almost forgot,
At the beginning you can start with 10 to 30s, then move upwards 1 minutes, after a month or so move to 3-5-10 minutes, then after 3 months 30 min, then 1 hour after 5 months and more meditation. Remember that you can meditate anywhere anytime even when you working or walking on street.

You get better at concentrating by concentrating. That's how the brain works, numbnuts. Give your life some structure, get proper sleep, and avoid chemical solutions that throw more chaos into an already chaotic physiology.

why lie

>t.

Attached: 1560386373826.png (1200x1200, 1.78M)

i like this

just pay the $20 a year

This is a dumb stoner thread in the making.

Being a closet NEET that jacks off to loli all day isn't the same as having high IQ.

dilate, faggot.

I think about suicide every week and the only thing of there that I do is play video games sometimes in my free time

This isn't Jow Forums related.

~5% of our active threads aren't

you are smart

reminder that your brain also changes when you drive taxis for a week
all those shitty brain scans mean nothing, we don't know shit about how it all works

Could you explain how you go about it and what it is?

It's a practice focused on observation (as opposed to chanting or w/e). It develops focus and perception, and helps manage stress, anxiety, and other mental problems.
UCLA's Mindful Awareness Research Center has produced some very high quality guided meditations, and Sam Harris has just launched an app called Waking Up which is chock full of excellent guided meditations. Those are both great places to start.

Throw your phone in a lake. Do your work in a different location from where you play.

For those with an endless monologue, a continuous stream of thought, or a constant storm of information, the first place to start is learning to sit down.
Close your eyes.
listen to what is going on
and immediately switch to flooding your mind with not words or feelings, but everything you can sense around you. If you are outside, the wind and birds and the breeze on your arms.
If you are inside, listen to the ringing sound of silence and attempt to detect literally everything around you with only sound and touch.
This is the first step to calming yourself down and learning to concentrate better.
Dont move, dont talk, dont open your eyes. Just sit still and flood your mind with detecting all sound creating things around you, and it will start you off well.

This is it in a nutshell. Give it a shot.

Scheduling via alarms, a balance of activities, and professionally prescribed medication taken as directed. Take your life seriously.

These are good things that everyone should do, but they aren't going to fix ADHD. Medication and CBT working in tandem are the most important bits.

ADHD manifests physiologically as a reduced volume of monoamine terminals in the prefrontal cortex. The most important ones for attentiveness are adrenergic receptors and dopaminergic receptors. By increasing the concentrations of the relevant NTs, this physical discrepency can be mitigated. Combined with appropriate therapy from a compatible therapist, symptoms can be effectively managed and patients can live mostly normal lives. Exercise and meditation alone will in all likelihood be abandoned by someone with ADHD who is not taking medication, they require more time and prep than many would be able to dedicate themselves to.

ADHD (when not misdiagnosed) is a genuine life-long mental illness, and requires just as much care to mitigate symptoms as any other. Trying to combat it with exercise, a good diet, and mindfulness alone is akin to trying to put out a grease fire with a water gun.

Attached: Z2CLKGk_d.jpg (640x711, 35K)

Agree completely with what you're saying. Even if you didn't want to take your time slowly learning something, you need to understand that everyone experiences these issues at different intensities and just deal with it in different ways.
Stay positive and pragmatic. Panic doesn't get you anything.

You need to switch to a Chromium (tm) based browser phamily..

Also, would it really be that bad if we all stopped posting here?

>Fuck me this is Shelley Byron material. I need to write this down.
Fucking based

I'm on 30mg adderall a day, yet I still feel absent, and desultory. What should I do?

>I can't stop thinking for more than 10 seconds.
There’s no wrong way to meditate, just close your eyes (or just stare at the ceiling or something) and think about life

Study at home and investigate whatever I don't know so I keep being a good student even when I don't pay attention in class.
Ended up graduating from an university with distance/virtual modes.

take 0mg of adderall

Stop taking your bluepills and start putting your energy into something you actually enjoy, other than consuming media.

I usually grab my netbook and go to some comfy coffee house. Social pressure and background noise keep me concentrated on my work.
I need some noise and somewhat social environment because else I just get distracted by my own thoughts.

I tend to get shit done on yohimbine, but it raises my blood pressure and heart rate. Probably a bad idea to combine it with adderall. There's also the risk of dopamine downregulation if you overdo it.

speed

>Be manicly depressed
>Get prescribed ADs and antipsychotics
>Expect APs to be a scary bad drug fron the old movies about evil psychiatrists
>It actually is wonderful
>Taking aps made me sleep well, eat well, perfectly calm, incapable of giving a fuck, zero anxiety, perfectly rational, all the noise, music and distractions in my head stopped, I stopped procrastinating and started working hard and well.
>My intelligence, memory AND CREATIVITY increaced dramatically
>All while feeling the best i did in my life

And then i had to discontinue because i lost hair.
Now I'm back to being a disoriented fuck, but at least not depressed anymore.

Attached: IMG_20190623_183913~2.jpg (820x1577, 111K)

this

>I can't take this medicine that lets my brain function because I'll lose my already-shitty hair
Really? Just fucking shave your head and keep taking it. How is hair loss not a small price to pay for heightened cognition?

yikes this thread
most of you faggots are probably fine and you still insist there's something wrong with you, fucking up your bodies even more.
Get 8 hours of sleep, drink water and breathe properly.
suddenly your autism is gone

My mane was gorgeous and this kind of balding is reversible.

If I stopped sooner I would end up just with a coin sized spot, but i kept taking for cognition and it got like that, also no eyebrows and lashes.
Living with no eyelashes is actually very uncomfortable, all kinds of shit gets in the eyes all the time.

Going full chemotherapy is not the reasonable thing to do and i have no Idea what other adverse effects vit has on my liver and shit. Such balding isn't normal.
Once my hair is restored i might seek treatment again, perhaps with different pills and maybe better luck.

Why? It helps, but not enough.
But I do put energy into things I like, and I am not a consumer.
What is dopamine downregulation?

Jadedness, basically. Causing a dopamine spike gives you a spike in motivation, but do it too often and your dopamine receptors re-adjust to the new normal. If the spikes were caused by something like yohimbine or bupropion rather than sensory stimuli, discontinuing them would then leave you far less motivated than before the downregulation took place. Similar issues with cocaine, AFAIK.

i was diagnosed with adhd when i was little, i was perscribed ritalin but i used to shake badly apparently when i was on it so i was taken off of it. (my mother was really into natural cures and such). So i was sorta brainwashed into believing that i didnt have adhd and i was just retarded or i could just eat better, work harder through it.

That was 30 years ago, and i was listening to a podcast about some girl with adhd on youtube and she said literally everything ive been stressing over for the last 30 years. Sometimes im very focused on something to the point of damaging my health (not eating, not sleeping) and other times i simply cannot wake up for work even if it means ill be fired. I seek adrenaline production with dirtbike riding, and im generally so bored during the day that i take many necessary risks just to see if something interesting would happen to wake me up.

I scheduled a doctors appointment but i missed it because i was pissed off about the parking around his building, i dont know if ill ever get properly diagnosed or i might just put a bullet in my head.

There is still hope, brother. Once you get the proper treatment, your life will be better. If you really suffer that much, you should do everything you can to stop it.

god I hate it so much. and lately it's been doing it in English all day long so it's not like I profit from already having fully prepared phrases for everything since English isn't my native tongue and it isn't always trivial to translate it back on the spot.

Welp, I wanna save this thread but ychan doesn't work anymore with the new links.

Mindfulness Meditation

Look up anapanasati - drop the buddhist lessons and go straight for the instructions, which are unbelievably simple as fuck

Do this daily and you will build concentration

name of the girl in question?

fpbp

I stopped giving a fuck about shit. The less you care, the less you stress, the better you can concentrate on shit. This method probably won't work for most folks but it did for me.

I was also a Ritalin kid. I found I could learn easily if I was interested but got bored quickly if it was a subject I found boring.
Family had a history of headaches which never helped. Couple that with it taking a good hour to fall asleep each night since my mind just won't shut up and go to sleep.
The easiest way I could "fix" myself was to care as little as I could about everything. It meant I didn't have to stress and could get to shit eventually. Took a long time but I have an easier time now.

Take up smoking.

this. the trick is, "I don't mind what happens".

For example, I am not a fan of "google meddling in election and thought policing", but it doesn't trigger me at all.

Still, this doesn't mean I wont talk about it.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

You were "diagnosed" and drugged by lazy teachers who wanted small children to stop being so inconveniently energetic. The condition exists, and in civilised countries it's not nearly as overdiagnosed.

>CBT
oh for Christ's sake

Haha. Every time I open Jow Forums even though I don't care about that board I laugh when I see CBT threads. I think about cock and ball torture every time.

No, I'm serious.

Attached: radiology-and-intelligence-31-638.jpg (638x479, 74K)

so all I have to do to increase my IQ is eat ketogenic and lower cerebral glucose metabolism? :^)