All of the software in your workplace is properly licensed right Jow Forums?

All of the software in your workplace is properly licensed right Jow Forums?

Attached: puledgkrxg631.png (1080x1249, 548K)

Yes, I keep an eye out for all GPL violations.

third world so no

We have pirated Windows 2012 in the domain server, Windows 2016 in VMs, and Wndows 10 in many desktos (some run linux).

Mostly because of

So, snitching?

damn I'm totally doing that at every job before I leave

3rd world here but surprisingly yes
although we did lack some device cal a few months ago that i didn't even knew i fucking needed it. shit's taken care of now but fuck me they really go out their way to make this shit confusing as fuck

You wouldn't snitch, would you?

Attached: 2081621_0.jpg (630x630, 58K)

Yeah, I'm sure the $1 Microsoft Office Suite we got on ebay was legit. Why would the seller lie?

Cash reward is probably like $20.

Basically anything we CAN get away without sans license we will, but anything we have to pay for we'll pay for whatever it costs. Such is the life of a start-up that has yet to reach a profit point.

If your boss or management are assholes then the "snitching" is justified. Plus you get money

Man, must suck to work in a company with mutual resentment between the employees, the employer, and the company brand. Not a world I'm familiar with, thankfully.

You're still selling out to a large and spoiled industry group.

Attached: 4287716_1.jpg (630x630, 148K)

every corp i know of is ditching licenses and moving towards open source products with internal teams handling maintenance issues

Worked at 2 places which had this happen, you basically have to show/prove gross neglect and at a company wide or huge cash fuck up to have anything happen in terms of reward.

>helpdesk fucko sees some dumb shit on PC's about windows not genuine on a few computers
>issue was imagining with same key but GPO was fucking up to our KMS
>goes reports this shit
>makes a big talk about how he is getting a cash reward big time soon like off the commercial
>MS rep comes in asks us what is up
>oh looks like a GPO isn't working for KMS, we'll fix
>also show MS the desktops which have their own keys on them from dell anyways and we have the correct CAL's anyways
>Manager lit who the fuck went to MS before just bringing it up to the IT team
>figures can't fire him because of dumb lawsuit would be shit
>Promotes' the dude to handling all printer request/setups and tech dispatches, worst possible shit. Pushes it off as dickwad having high attention to detail and policy management
>idiot quits a month later

Other time they were actually using pirated copies of XP and SP3 fucked them hard

>stop snitchin'
i have a better idea, how about you stop being a scumbag?

pretty much all pirated from windows to vmware to office . boss bribes people.

No and I report it to my manager.

Yeah the overall money you get is going to be minimal and only after it's a court case is settled. The actual timeframe of you seeing that money or any substantial amount is almost not worth the effort. I bet most reports to this shit are literally just mad ex employees who got fired

Man Eastern Yurop has really gone downhill lately.

if you're this much of a dickbag I imagine you'll be in and out of a lot of work places in your life.

Unfortunately, yes.

>they really go out their way to make this shit confusing as fuck
The point seems to be to get you to overspend.

Only if my boss is a greedy jew cunt

I'd whistleblow if I thought it was an absolutely serious public-facing issue, but would expect to be treated as a Judas and would embrace any implicit or explicit punishment.

Loyalty... it still exists, you know. Maybe most can't feel it so much these days, but _I_ certainly do.

Before we moved our
workflow to Blender we used "student" versions of Maya and 3ds Max because fuck Autodesk.

As much i hate my workplace but i hate m$ more

Why does Windows licensing have to be so fucking confusing? How much do people make a year making sure companies are in compliance?

The enterprise software industry needs to be starved.
Read Antifragile.
Put Big Software on a diet now so they're forced to cut out the bloat, and software quality in the future will be better, benefiting everyone.

Snitching is snitching

based yes fuck startups and shit reporting them all

Can I still get snitchbux if I'm the one responsible for the pirated software

>properly licensed
i mean the pirate offers a lifetime licence so yeah

Yes if the software is actually used by your company.

Im not snitching. No such thing as paying for bytes and if the devs don't like it, they can grow tomatoes for a living.

absolutely
>buy our server license!
>good goy! now buy a license so it can actually work as a goddamn server!
>what? they're not the same thing! now buy it!
fuck microsoft, honestly.

Which countries does it apply?

No.
Banks in Zagreb use Oracle database products but don't have license for half of them.
Greedy bastards. (both of them)

100$ is not worth loosing your job over

this
>dob on company
>company forced to pay
>company might not be able to afford it, which is why it was pirated in the first place
>company ded
oops

Hell no,

>get five dollars
>lose your job

Unless you expose a company using 200,000 copies of unlicensed software, the reward is gonna be piss money.

Snitches get stitches.
I will still file a report :)

this is actually a great idea, it'll just push more people to use GNU software.

Since you are from Croatia,are the companies there opened for project suggestions/collaborations with someone from outside the company?
I wanna get it touch with Croteam but im afraid they wont even respond.

Based.

Treat and pay your employees well and it won't happen. Problem solved.

On one hand, snitches get stitches, on the other hand, I see an excellent opportunity to use it as a threat to force companies to switch to free software.