Where my PowerPC bois at?

Where my PowerPC bois at?

Attached: Picture 1.png (1023x767, 323K)

PPC fags assemble!

Attached: Picture 1.png (1279x759, 288K)

fuck PowerPC
Power9 thinkpads when?

We's here, Massa.

POWER9 shit is too expensive

finally escaped the prison of 5:4

Attached: 4-3desk.png (1600x1200, 714K)

le based IBM am I right guys haha im so /gee/ haha

>macshit

post your RS/6000 retard

>DDR2 RAM
You must have the final revision of the dual 2.3 GHz G5, right? My dual 2.3 GHz G5 takes DDR.

Yeah, I have the dual-core model. I have a 2.3DP too, but it sounds like a fucking wind tunnel because I repasted it and don't have the hardware test disk to recalibrate the temperature sensors.

Wrong board.

Attached: 1544191387976.png (400x1650, 367K)

The calibration disk iso can be found, if you look hard enough. Macintosh Garden might even have it.

henlo frens

Attached: Picture 1.png (1280x1024, 1.56M)

>Where my PowerPC bois at?
>PPC fags assemble!
>henlo frens

Attached: 1555965952610.webm (960x540, 2.16M)

kill you'reself my man

Glow in the darks will be around shortly to make sure you don't trade useful information

absolutely seething

hopefully spam nigger has died in his sleep by now

>it's an appletoddler manchild thinks he or his manchild fruit toys belong on Jow Forums episode
based

The one everyone seems to linked to went down only a few months ago, the dual-core one is still floating around but the early 2005 AHT I've had no luck with.

Can you have full disk encryption on one of these PowerPC toasters? Or would the processor shit itself?

Really going out on a limb here...but did they ever figure out how to get 3d acceleration working on the AMD card model eMac on os 9?

Attached: motherofdogspurdo.jpg (379x269, 39K)

If not, what should I do with my A1002 ATI?

>fagOS
Found your problem.

i highly recommend adelie linux if you ppc people feel like giving loonucks a try, their head dev is a big ppc nerd.

someone's a bit heated they don't have a CRT that can go above 140Hz

if it's a first generation ATI model I would just throw the factory 9.2+10.2 image on it. Jaguar is comfy as fuck with a matched stack and you can shitpost/surf wikipedia with Camino.

kill you'reself my man

As usual the Intel shill force assembles s soon as PPC is mentioned.

>DDR2 RAM
You must have the final revision of the dual 2.3 GHz G5, right? My dual 2.3 GHz G5 takes DDR.

hopefully spam nigger has died in his sleep by now

thx, any decent terminal emulators you could recommend? will probably be doing some ssh/irc most likely...what I'd really like to be doing is playing some games on that sweet sweet high refresh rate monitor.
Unfortunately I'm starting to get whine on it, and the speakers stopped working 30 minutes into my first use

kill you'reself my man

I just use the standard OS X terminal. is there something it doesn't do for you?

Yeah, I have the dual-core model. I have a 2.3DP too, but it sounds like a fucking wind tunnel because I repasted it and don't have the hardware test disk to recalibrate the temperature sensors.

The one everyone seems to linked to went down only a few months ago, the dual-core one is still floating around but the early 2005 AHT I've had no luck with.

Does it handle modern pub/private keys? 4096 RSA?

never tried it honestly since I do most of that shit from another host I ssh into with regular keyboard-interactive authentication, but probably. a new terminal emulator wouldn't help with that either way though, you'd probably need to get a new version of OpenSSL/SSH or something.

Kind of why I'm considering just going with a lubuntu release instead, but I've read a few things on web browsing performance being garbage, but that wasn't using Camino

Go with Debian instead, if you want to use GNU. It is much easier to set up to run well. There is a guide on the Mac Rumours forum you can follow.

then you really don't want anything less than 10.4 in that case if you decide to stick with OS X as Camino's javascript engine is way too outdated and better turned off entirely, but even then, an eMac is never going to be very good for browsing no matter what you throw on it, the G4 is just too slow to put up with webshit.

you'd probably get a lot more fun out of it playing around with random software from the macintosh garden, writing programs or playing old games. it's a good opportunity to think a little bit outside of the standard web browsing/vidya box and explore some new things, for that reason I also don't usually recommend things other than OS X either unless you're only interested in development or are trying to kit it out as an autistic anti-botnet machine.

whatever choice is perfectly valid, but being a somewhat esoteric platform that can still run shitloads of commercial software is one of the main reasons to really be into PPC hardware at all for me 2bh, going the GPL route feels like it just limits your options

If not, what should I do with my A1002 ATI?

Can you have full disk encryption on one of these PowerPC toasters? Or would the processor shit itself?

>DDR2 RAM

lol why are you so fucking butthurt
it's literally been years

All the good 3d games (think Quake/Tomb Raiders) are for OS9 sadly, which, the card is not supported on. You can use compatibility layer, but input and performance gets fucked up constantly.

if it's a first generation ATI model I would just throw the factory 9.2+10.2 image on it. Jaguar is comfy as fuck with a matched stack and you can shitpost/surf wikipedia with Camino.

Guess it's time to dredge out my notes on the bootloader for usb installation

Why does Intel always ruin these threads? Why are they so scared of PPC?

so do you have a 1.25/1.42 then? it doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't be supported properly on the 800/1.0 that booted 9.2.2 from the factory and the 7500 in the 1.25 should have OS 9 drivers available, or maybe I'm thinking of the 7000.
wish gookmoot would just rangeban india, they can't be generating enough traffic to have a sizeable impact on ad revenue...

never tried it honestly since I do most of that shit from another host I ssh into with regular keyboard-interactive authentication, but probably. a new terminal emulator wouldn't help with that either way though, you'd probably need to get a new version of OpenSSL/SSH or something.

then you really don't want anything less than 10.4 in that case if you decide to stick with OS X as Camino's javascript engine is way too outdated and better turned off entirely, but even then, an eMac is never going to be very good for browsing no matter what you throw on it, the G4 is just too slow to put up with webshit.

you'd probably get a lot more fun out of it playing around with random software from the macintosh garden, writing programs or playing old games. it's a good opportunity to think a little bit outside of the standard web browsing/vidya box and explore some new things, for that reason I also don't usually recommend things other than OS X either unless you're only interested in development or are trying to kit it out as an autistic anti-botnet machine.

whatever choice is perfectly valid, but being a somewhat esoteric platform that can still run shitloads of commercial software is one of the main reasons to really be into PPC hardware at all for me 2bh, going the GPL route feels like it just limits your options

Where is this from anyway? Anyone got sauce?

someone's a bit heated they don't have a CRT that can go above 140Hz

The closest I have to powerpc is my PS3. Can I run any Linux with DE on it? It's jailbroken and I know I could've done it few years ago but last I checked Sony removed that feature. Help?

You can probably run Yellow Dog Linux, but it hasn't been updated in an eternity.

>the G4 is just too slow to put up with webshit.
I thought this as well, until I discovered NoScript. Blocking unwanted scripts makes the browsing experience tolerable on these older machines. Hell, I'm typing this from an 800 MHz ibook G3.

Well it's not like I'm gonna use it for anything than shits and giggles.

i hope that's tiger

wish gookmoot would just rangeban india, they can't be generating enough traffic to have a sizeable impact on ad revenue...

>10.4.11
>hope its Tiger
hmm

The closest I have to powerpc is my PS3. Can I run any Linux with DE on it? It's jailbroken and I know I could've done it few years ago but last I checked Sony removed that feature. Help?