Was Tox the only successful Jow Forums project?

Was Tox the only successful Jow Forums project?

Attached: tox.png (1358x522, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tok.life/
netrunner.cc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it didn't make enough people leave Discord, though

I haven't heard a single person outside of Jow Forums talk about TOX.

successful, if you want to put it that way.

Attached: absolutestateoftox.jpg (1000x1000, 204K)

What's this Tox thing?

But muh freespeech platform...!

but tox wast even successful

Jow Forums project to create a communications protocol that is secure and completely anonymous. It works but isn't as convenient as alternatives because of the design (you and the people you want to chat with need to be online at the same time to talk, no offline messages by default, also you don't just send friend requests but have to each enter the other's "friend code" to be able to communicate.

I would totally use it over other messaging apps if I started selling drugs.

tok.life/

at least it got over the "i'll make the logo" stage

Kinda disgusting how you know pretty much every single one of those is fake/LEA trap.

There was also the problem of having your IP revealed by the person youre chatting with. Of course this could be circumvented by using Tor with Tox.

It still had many other issues though, like frequent disconnects and files being randomly dropped during transfer.

>a pony in equestria

Yeah, the Tok app that I linked routes it through Tor so it covers that end. I haven't really gotten a chance to use it much but when I did recently, it worked fine.

>There was also the problem of having your IP revealed by the person youre chatting with.
This is literally necessary for P2P communication. Always a dumb argument imo.

Unfortunately it didn't work very well. Used it to chat with a german user from here in 2015~2016. File transfers would often fail.
It never gained much traction. No idea if it is actively developed anymore.

Attached: cute chinachu.jpg (3840x2160, 1.53M)

>tox
>successful
To this day it is still a broken piece of shit that doesn't work.

Back to the reddit.

Attached: 1556300119453.jpg (988x712, 167K)

Seems very secure to have such listing on the open internet.

netrunner.cc/
soon

You must not go to many places. I know one of the guys who worked on it. He said to DO NOT use that garbage. It is littered with bugs.

> Linux Binary: Here Aug 29 2017
D E A D

last commit to repository was a month ago tho. Are you too simple to compile code from source?

Nyaa pantsu is still running.

>problem
nigger it's a feature, i don't hear you complain when you PIRATE movies do you

>neetreener