The absolute state of CS internships in 2019

>the absolute state of CS internships in 2019

Would any of you CS students and/or new grads be interested in this?

Redacted personal info.

Attached: Capture.png (732x746, 118K)

sjameless bump

“Fix our website that we outsourced to pajeets to save money, for free”

Yeah, no thanks.

Literally nobody would take this.
I don't even live in a tech hub and internships in this area are $18/hr at a minimum with $20-22 the most average.

HTML is not a coding language. What normie made this

If you're good at CS, you can make insane amounts of money on internships. I did one internship in New York where I was earning $50/hr

>unpaid

Attached: ask8enrpc3b11.png (432x475, 221K)

you dont even need to be that good, just interview well and network

I like how they subtlety put it in there

>Literally nobody would take this.
You don't understand the sheer amount of brainlets who heard that programming was easy money and went $60k in debt at a degree mill just to find out that the job market doesn't exist if you know how to use a toilet. There are absolutely people who will take this because it's literally their only option other than waiting tables and flipping burgers.

might as well go deliver pizzas instead

Spoiled, entitled millennials. This is a good way to get your foot in the door. People aren’t handing out tons of money to new grads and students. you have to work for it, like i did when i was in college m

>IT industry is literally paying in good boy points
The absolute state

>unpaid internship

That shit has got to go.

>Spoiled entitled millennials not working for free for a company that boasts working for multiple government agencies and multi million dollar corporations on their website

what's funny is unpaid internships are extremely normal outside of cs/engineering. one girl I was dating when I was an intern thought I was working for free. she was quite surprised when I told her I was making 4k a month. seems a lot of people think interns don't get paid

sounds great, I bet my gf's boyfriend will be envious.

>unpaid
This only makes any sense for people outside of the industry, no CS student worth anything would take an unpaid internship, not even mentioning new grads who can already easily get a real job. Why take an unpaid piece of shit internship when you can easily get six figures salary right after graduation of you're not shit.
>Wordpress
Clearly not a useful skill if you already know actual programming languages.
>5-15 hours a week
I don't know about burgerland, but here everyone expected anything summer to be 30-40 hours a week, and anything non-summer about 20-30.

All in all, a shit offer that maybe someone after a bootcamp or the absolute worst, most retarded students would ever consider. And people with self esteem issues, but that's just taking advantage of them, if you manage to find any.

u know u gottra have experience to get nice jobs, right?> this would be good experience idiot.

Internships like that, 5-15 hours a week, are literally just there to build your resume. Having experience + a degree puts you far ahead of others. Looking at that posting chances are you'll be doing the most basic changes to body/header shit possible while being able to dick around on a pc.

I did a 12hr/week internship unpaid but got free windows licensing, faculty food, and priority into paid jobs at the campus. Didn't take long for me to get an actual good job paying 12/hr at the time when min wage was like 7.25/hr about 10 years ago

>I don't know about burgerland, but here everyone expected anything summer to be 30-40 hours a week, and anything non-summer about 20-30.

It's unpaid which is why it's so low, they aren't expecting much of anything other than to see who actually has motivation. A good chunk of unpaid internships can often be subbed for university credit or just screening processes for a potential position

it looks fine for an internship until
>unpaid

or working on actual projects you cuck

>unpaid CS internship

Literally not a thing at any major company. FAANG interns make like 8-9k per month. Basically just under entry level people without the benefits or stock

If you take an unpaid internship with decent interview skills and a decent GPA you're a retard

Any decent CS student can easily get either a paid internship or a part time junior dev job. Any decent CS graduate can get a decent job. Unless you're looking for absolute morons or people with severe self esteem issues, you're not going to find anyone.

I mean 5 unpaid hours a week? Not bad if you can say "I have a year experience" afterwards. Just do it alongside school or your real part time job.

This, seems like something I'd just do in between or after classes for dick around time.

Bunch of cucks.

>have ability to make social connections on campus with potential paid jobs
>have something to do inbetween class that isn't shitposting on a mongolian basket weaving fan board
>literally do fuck all but have shit to throw on my resume for paid gigs

Not like anything listed on the OP's post that looks remotely hard

it isn't even a school-related job
>amerimutt reading comprehension

huh?

I got 8k/mo at my internships but they were in silicon valley, that 8k dries up really fast, desu

> CEOizing

Am I just a boomer and is this some sort of js library?

>Unpaid intern does something an entry-level worker should be doing
>fix our outdated, poorly optimized code, basically for free

>not getting into IT and repair services to fix retards computers and upcharge 5-30% of what the actual price is
Computer science, when you think about it, really is a meme.

As a current student, I would at least take a look. There is a chance that whatever their having issues with could be easier than expected. If it's total ass, I'd go awol, but I could possibly have a cool ass recommendation for knowing script kiddie shit.

This is a long shot but I think they might have meant "SEOizing", as in optimizing search engine ranking.

lol real software internships here make at least 80k/yr

It's literally cheaper than a class and probably teaches you 10x the knowledge.

>fixing Pajeet's shit wordpress code will teach you knowledge