I got an interview with Google as software Engineer

I got an interview with Google as software Engineer.
Any tips on how to prepare best?

Attached: 70C.jpg (640x800, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/o1ghk/iama_person_with_perfect_recall_of_everything_i/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't mess up

All interviews are the same, they are retard sieves. Just don't suck.

Also, sabotage them from inside if you can.

Grind leetcode and cracking the coding interview. Do multiple problems for day. Get to a point where you can do them quickly.

Dye your hair pink

Wear a Bernie shirt

In seriousness, I can't emphasize speed enough. I did a number of big tech interviews before landing a position. There were interviews that I felt like I did well in. No offer, no callback. Feedback was that I took too long. You gotta be quick. If you don't get to a third or fourth problem, you probably failed, even if you get the first two correct

Say you identify as non-binary.

how do I get a girlfirend I've waited 24 years

it's easy but she may not look like OP

take a shit in the toilet an hour or so before you go in the interview, wash your hands. don't wear too much gold rings/necklaces and stuff. if you have 'microsoft tech support' on your resume get rid of it...

Bring 5 or 6 paper copies of your resume and pass one to each person at the table when the meeting is starting. be conversational. They may ask you ridiculously hard question, if you don't know just say 'i don't know, i really don't know' - they're asking to see if you turn into a douchebag when u can't admit you don't know soemthing... but make sure they understand what you DO know. If you can't have a comfortable convresation with them you're not gonna want to work there anyways. relax, people just want to feel safe and productive at work.

>All interviews are the same, they are retard sieves

lol, FAANG interviews are *much* more difficult than in the other companies

Don't forget to wear your programming socks. They'll give you more confidence.

Attached: 1558959310669.jpg (3024x4032, 1.07M)

Thanks I'll work on that,
I'm reading cracking the coding interview.
It seems to cover everything. It doesn't have machine learning questions though and that worries me

>In seriousness, I can't emphasize speed enough.
>If you don't get to a third or fourth problem, you probably failed, even if you get the first two correct
How the fuck do you guys do that? I'm happy enough to solve an interview question or two and not worry about speed. Guess I'm not cut out for working like that.

It's basic data structures that you learn freshman year, except you need to know them. Lol, try hedge fund or prop shop interviews.

I'm becoming a shutin
because no gf and surrounded by evil

Attached: file.png (640x573, 253K)

Here's a simple tip, thigh it might require practice:

When you don't know the answer, be(or seem) genuinely interested in the answer. It's fine to say "I don't know B well", but it's great to follow it up with "I know A works like this, so B should work kinda like this right?" or something like that. Make them answer their own questions.

You achieve two or three things this way:

1. You seem passionate about the subject and interested in the answer.
2. You let the interviewer shine by giving you parts of the answer.
3. You don't end on a bad note of just "I don't know", by distracting them with questions of your own.

Now, this isn't trivial to pull off. You have to seem genuinely interested in the answer, and not troubled by lack of knowledge in that specific area. A good engineer is always curious, lack of knowledge just breeds questions you can research.

Attached: tactical spaghetti.jpg (1000x713, 199K)

>wear bernie tshirt
>identify as trans
>tan yourself and make sure that during the interview you make the interviewers clear you are slightly mexican and come from an ethnic background
>put some lgbt participation mentions in your resume
>act as girl as you can, make sure you let the interviewers know you will let them fuck you in the ass after the interview
Boom, Google interview.
Also if things don't go according to plan, just tweet things that google didnt hire you because you were a homo trans mexican american guy.

Diverse Corporate Culture BTFO.

your spaghetti is leaking, just like Google's

It's because the amount of people who want to work for the biggest tech companies, FAANG are numerous and to weed out people in a semi-effective way, they need to play games like this to make sure they get the best people. But it's not like you would even do this as an everyday thing and it has nothing to do with the job at hand. But it worked in the beginning when Google began doing this after they stopped asking those trick questions in the mid to late 2000s.

The problem is now that this method has expanded to everyone in Silicon Valley at least and a few other places outside of it too. People are starting to game the system too so you can have people who can do this grinding of problems and pass the interview and then can't function inside the company because they can't adjust to the shift of mundane programming from doing the Leetcode type problems.

The company I worked at, you have to pass at least a phone screen, take home assignment and an on-site. We're pretty midsized and corporate so we aren't the best attractive company in the first place so why would you choose us when other companies do this process and pay more with better benefits? Kinda sucks now that my manager has dragged me into the process and insist on keeping the standards. I just want to lower it to a take home and onsite at least.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind

Attached: damn_das_a_nice_one.gif (500x281, 976K)

That's just I really really love spaghetti and I keep extra in my pockets, nothing to do with how awkward I am.

I've actually worked for 2 companies like Google and I've done over 100 phone and on-site interviews for them. Take from that what you will but I consider that genuinely good advice. The core is, not knowing something is perfectly normal, just don't show your are discouraged by it.

Because really, the work of an engineer is constantly hitting your toe on stupid fucking problems and then hitting your head against it(googling and staring at the ceiling) until you find a solution.

Unironically this

how can women (men) even compete?

Take a sharp knife and slice your veins length wise.

why lo rez?

Attached: s1200.jpg (1080x1350, 174K)

The company I work for required me to do a questionnaire. They asked some generic questions. And then they asked me to do three different questions, all which built upon themselves.
I didn’t think the interview went well at all honestly. I didn’t think they liked me because toward the end they stopped asking me the intriguing questions and didn’t really give feedback on my answers. They seemingly wanted to wrap things up.
So I basically told them something along the lines of “I know my GPA isn’t the highest, and I know I may have gotten a question wrong, but I can assure you that I will work harder than anyone else. On a Friday I won’t have my feet up thinking about what beer I’m going drink, but I’ll be focused on getting my work done correctly. Because I am serious about this and I want a career out of it.”
I’m pretty sure that monologue got me my position. I can’t say that would work for google but it does show them that you may not be the best book wise, but you have the heart to grow and learn as an engineer.

Tell them at the interview, you know m00t, the 9gag guy

Adding on, I turned down an offer from google to work here. Fuck those liberals. They’re insufferable.

Tell them your MtF and your top goal is to not let 2016 be like 2020. The Google interns I've bet have always been huge SJW's

>still can't see her pussy
what's the point?

>It doesn't have machine learning questions though and that worries me
Why? Are you applying for a data science position?

Just in the middle of the interview tell them you need a 15 mins break, when they ask you why, tell them you need to dilate.
The job will be yours in that moment.

This
t. desperate for pussy

Attached: roasted.jpg (604x570, 21K)

>post the sauce on this lil face sitter

why would you want to work at the most hated company in america are you some kind of depraved faggot

>not calling it guyilate
bro, come on.

mention your struggles as a trans person and get outraged that white pepo still refuse to accept responsibility for enslaving your black ancestors and use a bunch of jewish words like smorgasbord.

>with Google
Maggot

Just answer "orange man bad" to all questions.

>I know my GPA isn’t the highest, and I know I may have gotten a question wrong

You retard. Never talk yourself down. You are doing yourself no favors by pointing out your flaws. Instead focus on what you did right and are good at.

She's underage

liar

Give a firm handshake and look that 250k straight in the eye.

Attached: ass to ass.jpg (620x347, 25K)

>in the toilet

Attached: images.jpg (203x248, 12K)

oh god.
no. one. could. touch. you.

Jemima Robinson

For start, read mein kampf and anything from orwell

Start by injecting estrogen.

They're all the same, honestly.

FAANG has higher quality candidates that you're up against, and more of them. Hence why I emphasized speed. You need to answer multiple questions quickly and correctly to get an on site.

I knew asians that did 2-3 hours of interview problems per day for two years before their FAANG interviews. They completely gamed the system. You're up against thousands of these no life having azns and pajeets.

Then you're also up against MTS/VP engineering tier people that google just picks up as a trophy. These people have already accomplished something extraordinary in tech.

MMMmmmm, foreplay...

Christ man at least put some effort into it

Attached: hbi0lCA.jpg (1080x1350, 129K)

This is extremely true. It's basically a scam. You need to do 2-3 leetcode problems a day for 6 months if you want to join FAANG. I'm in the process now and it's hard. You have to get really good at answering these hard questions. It's not that intense (the material can be contained in one course) but there's so many no life asians and pajeets as he said. These people will slave every day forever just to get this shit. No matter than Xiao can't even get git to work, he mastered leetcode and thus gets the big bux.

>reverse search
>no other sizes of this image found

Attached: 1469928992481s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Don't come. Google is shit.

Bring lube and pre-stretch your anus.

lmao

Attached: noogles.jpg (550x550, 81K)

Winrar

Breh this chick is barely 15, if even

Attached: shazam muthafucka.jpg (1080x1350, 150K)

name?

She's 15 this year.

What are you going to answer when then ask
>Why did you make that post on Jow Forums?

What are you fuckin' jealous or something ya faggot?

Attached: ayo this chick is 14 and 6 months in this photo.jpg (1080x1350, 76K)

ok, no penetration

Geez I'm making a joke user

Attached: 1561485477464.jpg (755x823, 72K)

You asked what my answer was for the Google interviewer....
My dude this chick is going to have B cups if she's lucky I kinda feel sorry for her

Attached: like some 50s baseball trhowback bullshit.jpg (1080x1350, 119K)

tell them you use Bing™

>you're not allowed to be attracted to this
explain?

>not allowed to be attracted to this
Hm? Nobody said that.
You just don't talk about it so the women folk don't get all murderous-like

Attached: nah m8 get in there.jpg (1080x1350, 255K)

the law said that

Federal statute says any photos that aren't revealing genitalia (that includes breasts) in a sexual manner is legal.
Everything here is entirely, 100% fine.

Attached: That's a nice dress. I really like this dress..jpg (1080x1350, 87K)

tell you h'what, those feet should be illegal.
damn near killed me.

You're "allowed to" but you better keep it a secret. A deep, dark secret. Don't expect sympathy from people if they know you're attracted to minors.

I guess some part of "it's so women don't go on depression-fueled self hating rampages" escaped you.

Attached: who does this chick think she is Ivanka Trump.jpg (1080x1350, 161K)

Nice Minnesota 7. Flat as a fucking board

lol. interview panellists aren't retarded, they can tell when you're bullshitting. pointing out your flaws and how you plan to improve on them shows good judgement and introspection.

Google interviews are fine. As long as you practice on Leetcode/Hackerrank and can explain your resume well then you're good. It's those trading firms/hedge funds/startups that have killer interviews. I went to interview at one such firm and they completely killed my confidence. The interview rounds felt like they were selecting a fucking astronaut. They administer tests that you CANNOT prepare for.

Attached: a-beautiful-mind.jpg (1000x563, 668K)

She wasn't even 14 in most of those photos.
Like I said, B cup with a genie's luck

Attached: Went with the European Whore look a little too much.jpg (1080x1080, 241K)

Fuck google fuck you and fuck california

Why does American industry love this crazy idea of super hard multi stage interviews so much? You still just give jobs to indians

How long has it been since your last interview?
If more than 8 weeks, go on some meaningless ones prior. Warm up.

It's catching on in other places as well. Thank fuck I don't have to deal with that sort of shit in my field.

It's like this in East Asia as well. Singapore and Japan are notorious for their multi-round interviews.

the comments on her instagram are unholy

How so?

Attached: how is this allowed.jpg (1080x1350, 63K)

>having absolutely no taste in what to post

Attached: e56enb67hwb.jpg (629x787, 70K)

You mean the brain teasers and Fermi type problems? There are books that have all those questions and solutions.

No I mean things you can't prepare for (ie. flashing text/graphs/charts onto a screen for a few seconds and having you answer questions on it. Something like that). They're more 'raw ability focused' tests as they mostly hire people who have a knack for spotting hidden patterns.

this
use your connections, user

Seems like a one sided approach to find "subtlety"
Picking up clues in 3 seconds is great but what if they're amped out of their minds on adderall, and perform sporadically over the course of a month due to tolerance fluctuations?

The best inferences come from having a detached, unpressured state of mind. Nobody brute forced their way around a mental block.

That's understandable as it tests your ability to think critically and process new information. You can't just memorize your way through it like how the pajeets do during SWE interviews.

I agree but try telling that to those companies. They all seem to have a a weird ethos about them. At times it just seems like they want people who can literally walk on water.

>what if they're amped out of their minds on adderall, and perform sporadically over the course of a month due to tolerance fluctuations?
Then they get fired. Honestly, that's a big reason why I'm on month two of quitting my amphetamine prescription.

in one year she'll be legal in my country, all good

How do you guys grind leetcode? I can keep up working on some problems each day but after a couple weeks I've forgotten how exactly I solved all those old ones.

Did you memorize your way through your entire degree? It's understanding which data structures are applicable to the problem and using O(n) analysis to optimize your solution.

>hedge fund
>hey user you did great on the coding interview
>now, we would like you to solve this stochastic PDE on paper. Surely you know your econometric models, right?

Block out some time everyday to grind. I mostly work on those problems when I'm eating my breakfast. I also do a few reps on zetamac.

Attached: zetamac.png (740x395, 7K)

>Prove the Riemann Hypothesis.

Attached: rentec.png (1117x587, 148K)

I just started practicing leet code type problems for the first time after finishing all my math/stats coursework. They're pretty easy to pick up after doing proofs in Real Analysis.

>Did you memorize your way through your entire degree?
More or less, I have a stellar short term memory.

I'm so jealous of this girl

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/o1ghk/iama_person_with_perfect_recall_of_everything_i/