Water filters are technology

What water filter do you use? Which is best? Pitchers/Dispensers, Faucet Mounts, or Reverse Osmosis? Best brands? Post your water filter.
>imagine drinking anything but crisp, high-quality H20
Yikes.

Attached: chrome-pur-faucet-mounted-filters-pfm400h-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_TlJggC0FGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nT0T91DrJko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How often do you change this one?

Once every 3 months or 100 gallons, which ever comes first. Much cheaper than buying bottled water and you don't have carry that shit into your house every other week.

get big blue whole house filters, super cheap, super effective

>carbon filter
>uv filter
>alkaline filter
>activation filter
>one tablespoon of pink himalayan salt per liter

>Much cheaper than buying bottled water
It does run on electricity right? It's still cheaper after paying for electricity, right?

wut
no user

>no user
So it isn't cheaper? I would rather carry bottles to home then.

I've had this for nearly 20 years.
I'm built like a brick shithouse and have 7 children.

Attached: 1102388784684.jpg (712x940, 36K)

Attached: sawyer mini water filter.jpg (466x466, 25K)

Can't you guys drink directly from the tap?

This
>Not drinking water filtered for 25 years through a mile of volcanic rock

Fluoride.

enjoy your chlorinated tasting water.

Enjoy drinking water with almost no minerals. Tap water has very low minerals to begin with, and water filters remove what little there was.

Because water is the primary source of getting ones' minerals?? you fucking nigger dumbfuck.

Considering that, for example, 80% adults don't have enough magnesium in their diets, even though good water can have 100 mg of magnesium per liter (with 400 mg being the recommended daily intake), I'd say, yeah, it's an important source.

False. While its true that municipalities treat and clean their water their distribution system reintroduces many minerals for your consumption.

Attached: A8B33355-A6A0-4931-8721-926656DE85B5.png (262x200, 82K)

Unless the water is corrosive (which most muni's pH correct there water to above 8 so its not) you wouldn't get any significant reintroduction
Flint had no issues with there water even with he lead pipes until they started grabbing acidic water

PH is only one factor in pipe corrosion. Oxygen, chemical make up, temperature, and water velocity can contribute to pipe decay and the release of material in water systems.

haha burgers need an extra water filter to drink from tap
t. yuropean

i prefer getting cancer in liquid form from my tap(tm).

Distillation.

Attached: 4L_36pI7yab.jpg (500x350, 49K)

I buy them from the water filter merchant on infowars

I get well water
I bet it's still more pure than your shit

I'm living in a 75 year old building, can't trust the plumbing here

>DRINKING ANY FORM OF TAP WATER

No thx I don't trust the gov even after all this meme filtration

>>I'm living in a 75 year old building, can't trust the plumbing here

plenty of people live in houses over 150 years old what is the issue

Attached: Brita-Water-Filter-Jug-A.jpg (2400x3000, 708K)

Norway here.

We get actual mineral water right on our tap, safe for anyone to drink.

Except for Askoy where some animals took a shit in one of the pools and poisoned a bunch of people.

i drink bottled water
i would buy reverse osmosis for my cannabis plants since I believe it is important to flush them really well they have nasty habit to suck everything from substrate into them including radiation, that means they may suck every mineral from water too

City water usually has around 200-300 mg of minerals, whereas any decent bottled water will have 700+. But this thread is about filters, which remove the minerals anyway.

i have a 3 stage water filter setup. the water to my house is very drinkable regardless. Even the water I shower in is filtered as it hits the system. Then my kitchen tap has a double filter setup (not RO, that shit tastes awful)

The calcium buildup protects from lead pipes. The reason flint had so many issues with their lead pipes is because they somehow fucked up the pipes.

The reason Flint had and still has water which poisons its citizens is because Republicans aren't human.

where can i get this? What model is this?

Is it possible to attach a water filter to a bidet system? I only want the crispest water hitting my anus.

I just hate this ZeroWater add

youtube.com/watch?v=_TlJggC0FGQ

If it really did make pure water it would hurt or even kill the user and be an industrial marvel for many industrial application would love to use it.

Pure water is the best thermal transfer flow rate and is non-conduction, plus it is a universal solvent that will devolve anything at least a little bit given a 0 PPM driving pressure and a perfect mid PH that nothing matches.

>pure water is best thermal transfer rate
no

yes, just put a filter between the bidet line and the outlet

you realize it highly depends on region
some cities draw water directly from rivers
and ionized water cleaning facilities aren't everywhere

Attached: 31zuBys8S0L._AC_SY400_.jpg (222x400, 10K)

transfer rate, not conductivity.
heat capacity is a large part of transfer rate, so is flow and other factors

If you know of a better one I would like to hear it.
There are only two substances that I know of that could make that could try to make such a claim and those are insanely expensive. And I dispute the results funded by their manufactures given their listed testing parameters.

in city limits? are you mad? everything from car oil to bum pissing 1,5 miles away gets in your water source.

Tap water tastes like shit no matter where you are.
t. EU

h2

H2 has low density, low viscosity, and the highest specific heat and thermal conductivity, it also reaches lower temps than water. These make it a great coolant for many things, better than water in certain cases.

But because water has such a high mass it has a higher transfer rate. So water wins under those conditions.

Attached: th_p48_0906pe.gif (325x185, 37K)

I visited the US one time and their tap water tastes so much like chlorine, it's like you're drinking straight from a swimming pool. They put the same shit on your table at restaurants. It's nasty enough to ruin your meal if you drink it by accident. So yeah, I think a filter is probably a good investment if it makes the water taste like water.

And oh yeah, I forgot, they use the same swimming pool water for the coke dispensers, so even soda tastes like fucking chlorine. I can't fathom how Coca-Cola allows that shit to be sold with their name attached to it.

this is gas though isnt it? i mean liquid

Yes that is for a gas, and liquid will do much better. But it will never reach the density needed to beat water in this case, because the oxygen will always make it denser.

Now I would be interested to see where Helium is in this mix, I suspect it is mainly used for the lowest temps and not so much transfer speed. But not finding good comparisons for them.

heilum i imagine is bad because full outer shell? Idk havent done chemistry since the 80s.

im curious about liquid hydrogen though, surely having such a low temperature would make it better at thermal dissipation

I know the LHC dealt with a number of issues involving Helium. They were very insistent that there system must be cooled with it. Other super cold projects seem to have similar statements. So I assume Helium can go colder than hydrogen, even if it has other problems that make it a pain which is why it is so rarely used.

I would think the opposite and more free particle mean more kinetic options for the particle. So helium would be the best for that.

It is kind of odd, but lower temperature doesn't always mean better cooling. As cooling has more to do with how much thermal energy can be moved, while temperature has more to do with the total amount of thermal energy. Then you can throw in phase changes and things can get really counter intuitive.

Over Clock champs will use a blowtorch to boil off the nitrogen to get lower temperatures. Because "we want it colder, quick hit it with fire" actually works in some cases.

Water filters aren't information technology.

I use one of these

Attached: 51S1-8J9NiL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 12K)

Not in a lot of places in America. I mean look at what happened to Flint.

I don't use one

>Not in a lot of places in America
lmao imagine being in the third world. just imagine

a wheel is technology too

>Except for Askoy where some animals took a shit in one of the pools and poisoned a bunch of people.

I know and have you seen the new developments recently. We need a new thread just to cover all the breath taking new developments.

youtube.com/watch?v=nT0T91DrJko

Why the fuck is this taking so long? I remember reading about the tweel in like 2005.

>his utilities aren't covered 100% in the rent

I'll fuckin run water and electricity until the cows come home. Electricity is like 0.08c kWh anyway.

>not drinking ultrapure water

lmao at all these people who will never know the pleasure of MilliQ sips

Attached: F67329~p.eps-650.jpg (650x878, 39K)

Made a well in my farm and I'm about to set up this bad boi. 8.1pH alkaline chad water. No source of contamination for miles.

Attached: IMG-20190626-WA0001.jpg (576x1152, 51K)

>only 3 stage
that's some pussy shit

I have on of these under the sink, when I change the filters every few months it's straight up black with contaminants. that's what you would be drinking through the tap

Attached: 81G34tAhtHL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 20K)

Under sink > faucet > pitcher/gravity filters

I’m working on this MRS 600 HE II system with a 9100 softener for Starbucks right now.

Ask me anything

Attached: A3806488-6077-4FD1-96A4-AFE999A2ACD2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.5M)

Of course it's cheaper (unless you are paying like $5/ gallon of water at home or something)

how much you make and net worth

Here’s a quick look at the 9100 softener

Attached: 2BF79BA2-B41B-4A86-8E42-201700E5817B.jpg (4032x3024, 2.63M)

Good thing the Democrats drinking that are subhuman.

They are subhuman now considering the effects lead has on development.

do they reuse piss to make coffee ?

>paying rent
>not owning your home
is this an american thing?

Me too. You can buy a 5 stage with a mineral last stage filter for like $120 off ebay.

My ice maker in my freezer is being fed RO water too.

Can drink my scotch with no shitty white residue coming to the surface like all your pleb ice cubes.

>filters
I'm in a first-world country with stringent regulation/testing of drinking water quality and I live in a house with piping only a couple of years old

Been thinking about getting something similar to pic related though, I drink a lot of diet coke and sodastreamer tastes like shit

Attached: 1189px-Soda_fountain_in_China_01.jpg (1189x1919, 460K)

do you live in africa or why do you need a water filter?

actually based user

Why are you adding Himalayan Salt?

Pretty sure that's prime euro, amigo

>Republicans
People in power in Flint have been Dem for decades

Never drink from anything without at least 6 stage filtering.

Attached: 6-Stage-artwork3__84107_zoom.jpg (600x600, 53K)

I thought drinking water from filters was a meme.
I'm glad Jow Forums take everything so seriously.

That's some salty as fuck water, and I hope the activation filter is almond based.

The electricity to pump water is almost nothing. My 7.2kW well pump pushes 5gpm of delicious water. At 12 cents a kWh that comes to $0.00288 per gallon. It's literally not worth thinking about. Fuck, even filling a 10,000 gallon swimming pool would only cost just under $30 in electricity.

he likes a bit of dirt in his water

Dirt is where the flavor is
It’s why dogs roll their meat in the dirt

>PUR
Ppppppffffftttt, it's basically not a water filter.

It filters 70+ contaminants... How could anyone say it's not a water filter?

Yes. It's perfectly safe to directly drink so in most civilized countries, including the US. Don't listen to the retards, the water through the US is perfectly safe to drink. City water tastes like shit thought because for some reason they all use chlorine. Well water is almost always pretty tasty in the eastern half of the country, but some wells have some sulphur which gives an off odor which evaporates a few minutes after drawing from the tap. Filters can solve these small aesthetic problems with water of various quality. They can also filter contamination if your source happens to be bad, but that's a much rarer use case outside countries like India and Mexico where the water is probably full of heavy metals and deadly bacteria.

US poisons the water supply and the pipes contain heavy metals, etc. Also, to disinfectant the water, chemicals are needed (a double edged sword, good and bad). Enjoy your involuntary sex change.

I haven't changed my water filter in 5 years

it's probably fine, right

None, since I don't live in a 3rd world country.

>be in business selling tires
>build NPC hype and favor for more efficient tires which means less waste
>less waste == less tires sold
>have oshit moment

>never release tech past RnD phase
>NPCs forget
>they dont forget your now the "good guys"

clockwork

not using any bc tap water is perfectly drinkable here, it snot like im in some third world country after all

>chlorinated tap water

the absolute state

there was a recent development, main issue is that they have SHIT curve handling characteristics, i.e. you rip em to shreds in a sharp turn because they dont have any sidewalls

airless tires are neat on paper, but shit irl

Most commercial water filters don't filter fluoride to my knowledge.

I have Mitsubishi Cleansui. Good value for money i think ($40-$100 for the device, $20 for the filters).

Misinformed