8k is a meme and you faggots know it

8k is a meme and you faggots know it

Attached: 608202-samsung-85-inch-8k-qled.jpg (1920x1243, 419K)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>8k
>99% of TV broadcast signals are 1080i

>watching broadcast TV

Attached: OP.png (1238x1600, 472K)

I withhold judgement until I see it myself. I though 4K was a meme but recently my brother bought a 4K monitor and that text is so fucking clear that I'm jealous.

It'll be amazing playing 8K 60fps games on that bad boy.

Attached: 6rC7i9xDYn6Y6EXcF9snEQ.jpg (948x533, 76K)

8K has to be the endgame for big displays. I can see VR going up to 16K eventually but there shouldn't be anything more than 8K required on a monitor or TV up to 100 inches.

above 80 inch somewhere it prolly makes sense. more smaller pixels + possible upscaling magic will look better

>4k workspace
>Retina sharpness
>36"
This is why 8k NEEDS to exist.
Pic related,

Attached: 8k-2.jpg (7680x4320, 3.25M)

>implying

Attached: pn.jpg (584x649, 101K)

A 55" 8k TV has the same density as a 4k 27" TV. It's good but still not perfect.

>8K
>most movies are mastered at 2K

lmao

>compression
it'll look worse than 720p lmao

See Imagine having a 4k workspace that was as sharp as a high PPI monitor.

I'm still on 1366x768

Just gimme that 4k 120hz
We've been cock-blocked by HDMI from using the full 4k on the 120hz panels on TVs for too long

As long as it's not chroma subsampled or some faggot shit like that I'm in.

With 100 ms of input lag

THere are DP 4k 144hz monitors can do full chroma 120hz. It's 144hz that needs subsampling.

Several of LGs 2019 nanoIPS TVs and all of their 2019 OLEDs so far support HDMI 2.1 and apparently will support 4k 120hz resolution, but we don't have any HDMI 2.1 GPUs yet. I've heard someone is making a DP1.4 to HDMI 2.1 converter though, it'll probably be expensive but you can get that 4k 120hz over DP1.4, just barely.

8k TVs also support it I think. Many are still 120hz native and have HDMI 2.1

would love to have a 8k 27 inch monitor, text and pretty much everything will look so crisp
high dpi ftw

There are even some 4k 144hz monitors that use two DP 1.4 cables to avoid subsampling at 4K@144Hz

I'd be satisfied with just 120hz
No pull down required for 24, 30 or 60 fps content

Most 4k TVs with "Motion interpolation" can actually accept a 1080p 120hz signal. Motion interpolation requires a true 120hz panel after all.

>I want low tier bullshit
Fuck off poorfag

I know I own one
You don't quite need a 120hz panel for motion interpolation (120hz is mostly there to help with pull down), I used to use SVP alot which does the same as the TVs just on your PC, and even with a 60Hz screen it was a good improvement for 24 and 30fps content
On my Sony 4K the motion interpolation algorithms I don't think are as good but it is smoother with 120hz and it works on the fly with whatever is displayed on the TV so no special player

You're misunderstanding. If your TV has a "smooth motion" feature that makes everything look "smooth", the LCD panel itself MUST be true 120hz. So you usually can force your TV to run at 1080p 120hz instead, and the TV will usually accept it with no problems.
Your computer outputs 120hz, your TV shows 120fps. No interpolation. The only reason I mentioned interpolation is because TV that does it MUST have an LCD that can display at least 2x the framerate of the interpolated video.

based low resolution fag
every resolution can be mimicked with good SR, or at least when it comes to gaming

I'm gonna hold off until we get 6 inch deep 3d live printed puppets acting things out to be our screen.

Sometime after we get 64g tv

>every resolution can be mimicked with good SR
False. Pic related, low PPI has aliasing issues you simply don't get with high PPI.

Attached: IMG_3050.jpg (4375x2180, 3.55M)

>"broadcast tv"

are you 70?

Attached: 1561406465459.jpg (720x960, 60K)

4k is still a meme.

>the LCD panel itself MUST be true 120hz
No it doesn't
The TV does not necessarily care about the signal it's being fed, Its smart enough to care about the content on screen instead
I've sent it a 120hz signal from my PC and turned MotionFlow on and the TV will still actively smooth content that is being played at 24p because it can still detect low framerate video on the screen even if the signal is already 120hz

Does YIFY even do 8k? Like what's the point?

For a panel to interpolate 60fps content "cleanly", you need 120 frames. So any TV that interpolates 60fps content has a 120hz panel.
Most accept and will display 120hz at 1080p these days, but you get problems like you had with some TVs.
The easiest way to find out if you can really do 120hz is the UFO test.
testufo.com/

What size monitor?

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

Enjoy being the most debased form consumer possible on that limp dick powerless goy platform of yours.

>220ms input lag

>but you get problems like you had with some TVs
I didn't have a problem with 120hz even with the UFO test and all that
What made you think I had a problem?

I'm very drunk at the moment and my reading comprehension is poor. Sorry.

Look on the edges of the monitor. One photo was taken of a 5k screen, while the other was taken of a 1080p screen.
In software both video windows were exactly the same size. For every 1 pixel that was on the 1080p video frame, there was 4 pixels on the 5k video frame.

Attached: retina.jpg (1280x1706, 843K)

I just want microled monitors

You can't even get OLED at a reasonable price
You can almost buy 3x LG OLED TVs for the price of a single Asus 20" OLED monitor
It's going to be the same story with microLED
Someone will make a small piss ant microLED screen and charge 2x the price of a fuck huge Samsung microLED screen
I wouldn't count on getting mLED monitors for a reasonable price at least not for a very long time, monitor makers are going to be too scum to let you have it