V Programming Language - Open Source

V Programming Language - Open Source.

Go bros make something great today.

hub.packtpub.com/the-v-programming-language-is-now-open-sourced-is-it-too-good-to-be-true/

Attached: DM5.jpg (500x500, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ARNa-TxqZvQ
youtu.be/PAfNOWoLjmo
youtu.be/QV8eiSA4vqc
youtu.be/tKi9Z-f6qX4
patreon.com/vlang
youtube.com/watch?v=eGj3-JSykCA
christine.website/blog/v-vaporware-2019-06-23
youtu.be/k1TwVLmOhiU
youtu.be/DuyrzxJQd9c
youtu.be/m2LFI6abQI4
youtu.be/4t5q4EUJobk
youtu.be/XDTknlPXgh4
youtu.be/UGwDTozj9AY
youtu.be/CxYm2Wupwq0
youtube.com/watch?v=rUITFKmuA8c
youtube.com/watch?v=rd_8bSinz8k
youtube.com/watch?v=K0pbfQxbWW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no paredit support?

what do I do in V if I need a macro?

what are the use cases for this language?
why does it exist?

>allegedly compiling 1.2 millions LoC per second
>can't create functions with more than 50 thousands lines

>"built-in libcurl"
>mac "download a file" example on the GitHub resorts to calling the curl command line

>online playground
>playground running as root, with shit sanitizing, allowing people to run a root shell

Yeah no thanks, C is enough

Great album

I don't get why deadmau5 is so popular.
Recently I've listened to some mainstream EDM out of curiosity. I even can understand why people like Skrillex or others but not deadmau5. His music feels so simple, straightforward and boring. It really feels like listening to some amateur, even if I know he is not.

Because his production value and understanding of rhythm are second to none within the EDM industry. If you haven't heard it, give HR 8938 Cephei a listen, it's a great example of his polyrhythmic skills and it has a really clean sound to it overall.
youtu.be/ARNa-TxqZvQ
Also
youtu.be/PAfNOWoLjmo

Also if you want to hear a more "mainstream" side to Deadmau5 then check out Ghosts 'n Stuff, one of his most popular tracks. Bear in mind though it was made a decade ago.
youtu.be/QV8eiSA4vqc
And of course strobe
youtu.be/tKi9Z-f6qX4

>It really feels like listening to some amateur
That's what the internet did to music
Nearly every popular electronic artist I've listened to in the 2010s sounds several degrees lower in talent than anything before

>Ghosts 'n Stuff
This really sounds like something I'd do as first try in music program. It's just so plain.
Strobe and these are a little better but still it's just dull. It kinds of reminds me about Worakls but even his music seems much more richer for me. Dunno, maybe my ear is too used to speedcore and such but I just can't get this music.

But it also allowed for unique niche artists to get more audience.

all those "unique artists" are literal teenagers making garbage music that actually drowns out anything good

I enjoy this "garbage music", without internet I would probably never encounter my favourite producers. No one drowns out anyone, everyone has equal ground and can compete for audience. If you want to be popular, make music masses will like, but that's not the point of making music, is it?

>No one drowns out anyone
I guess all talented musicians must have just died off then leaving people like deadmau5 behind

>Compared to Go, Rust, GCC, and Clang, the space required and build time of V are very very less.

Thanks for the article user, very cool

Also, any language that hides their changelogs behind a patreon barrier (or even has a patreon, really) is dogshit

patreon.com/vlang

Attached: 1550123036803.jpg (749x720, 68K)

What underground mystique artists do you listen to user? You sound like you can recommend me some artists that don't end up on any search results.

deadmau5 has created a niche for himself in the experimental EDM music scene. The dude livestreams his music production on his website. He has good sense of rhythms, synths, and music theory in general.
He has had some hits mainstream but few of his lesser known tracks are perfect in music production, even though they are minimal and repetitive.
Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=eGj3-JSykCA

Not him but Mitis and Matt Fax seem to be pretty consistently good

Oh and basically anything remixed by LTN

>He has good sense of rhythms, synths, and music theory in general.
that's doesn't really mean shit to me as the listener

It sounds more like you just don't like prog house, which is fine. It can definitely seem very repetitive to those who don't like it

another patreon scammer sells a fantasy

I dont even know what prog house is, I agree with the guy who said deadmau5 just sounds way too simplistic to be interesting and saying hes good at polyrhytms doesnt mean anything to me cause what the fuck is a polyrhythm
And then I listen to other unrelated electronic music across the web and even if they sometimes have a good style they all sound super amateurish and untalented, the musical landscape just feels so bad compared to how it used to be, I blame the internet for making it too easy to release media

So... tell me about V then?

I'm still waiting for Blow's language.

was about to start a thread on this yesterday. It has some nice advantages over go, especially lack of null, option types, and opt-in mutability. The docs are pretty light and I don't love that it's just 1 guy working on it right now but he seems like an animal. He may have bitten off more than he can chew though, trying to support multiple projects by himself.

I built some some simple JSON packing/unpacking stuff with it just to play with it. The compiler needs some more work on telling you why it failed to compile something. I got stuck on a mutability error and couldn't figure it out.

it's 1 guy working fulltime on it. Also he just open sourced it a couple days ago.

i'm interested just because of the speed and file sizes

hope it won't end up bloated as fuck as pajeets keep requesting QoL stuff

Attached: 1561356569789.jpg (700x658, 53K)

V sounds like vagina

Mainstream has shit taste, nothing more.

I don't think I listen to that underground artists, but my favourite song of all time does not come up on any search in full version(Start Love Of Program by LamazeP, it's behind paywall).
Out of artists I've recently been listening to, from least to more popular(IMO):
>Team Grimoire
>Laur
>XI
>The Quick Brown Fox
>OxiDaksi
>ViniVici
>Astrix

christine.website/blog/v-vaporware-2019-06-23

Seems like it's a piece of shit.

That's a tranny.

>If you claim your compiler can support 1.2 million lines of code, do not make it have a limit of 50,000 statements in one function.
Dilate.

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan.

>I have no idea about music
>Because of this, I seriously don't get the appeal of X musician who knows about music
>therefore, X musician is shit
Kill yourself my man. Please do.

>our plan.
To dilate?

you should wait for mine instead

You're boring user. Mix the act up a bit.
Or you know get some arguments.

The argument is implicit. Trannies are delusional, so everything they say can be discounted off hand.

this checks out. corrupted kernel, output questionable.

>/v/Programming Language
sounds gay

I used to like deadmau5 in high school in 2012 but now everything from him sounds so boring. The stuff i used to like now just sounds like the most default possible electronic music. I know where the song is gonna go before the first few bars.
This is what i listen to now
youtu.be/k1TwVLmOhiU

>experimental EDM music scene.
It all sounds like the same boring crap ive heard for the last 10 years.

You dont have to be a great chef to say you dont like the taste. Saying that polyrhythms exist and therefore make the music good isnt a convincing argument because you havent done anything but say big music theory words.

I'm so happy Jow Forums has a new language to meme about
The teams behind Rust, D, Zig, and even Go and Odin look incredibly competent in comparison

>everything from him sounds so boring
Yeah his new shift towards "dark techno" (I don't know what else to call it) has been pretty shit, I saw him live a few months ago and he hardly played any of his good shit. His recent soundtrack for that Netflix film Polar was actually really good, he's pretty talented with atmospheric chill tracks that aren't strictly "electronic".
>The stuff i used to like now just sounds like the most default possible electronic music
Probably the Seinfeld effect: he was one of the first to do a lot of that stuff so now everyone has aped it it no longer sounds original in retrospect.

Even his old stuff is indistinguishable from monster cat track #10654 to me.
It always the same pattern of builds and drops. It well produced for sure but nothing ever sounds interesting.
I like atmospheric shit like dub techno but deadmau5 just seems like a distilled super purified version of everything.

youtu.be/DuyrzxJQd9c

Stop spamming your unfinished piece of shit compiler.

youtu.be/m2LFI6abQI4
youtu.be/4t5q4EUJobk

>no mana
absolutely patrician tier
youtu.be/XDTknlPXgh4
youtu.be/UGwDTozj9AY

Meant to send this instead of magic addiction
youtu.be/CxYm2Wupwq0

Hi fellow redditor, music major here, not that it matters but I do have some "idea about music"

My take is that the general complaint about deadmau5 is that he's milquetoast as fuck and his polyrhythms are ableton live Delay effect tier. His sound design is bland too, I can't understand how someone who owns entire walls of modulars just does filtered sawtooth arpeggios 90% of the time. Repetitive music often redeems itself in either holophonic sound design that rewards attention to detail and multiple listens in order to capture every piece of the music, or crafting and establishing an aesthetic and providing more of its context as the music progresses. deadmau5 seems to be the latter, he has a recognisable "style", but because his production is not particularly impressive (for a supposedly world class edm producer), anyone who doesn't like his style will not be able to find anything else to enjoy.

No issue with anyone who enjoys his music or him for making it, but he's very niche, not in a particularly positive way.

Shinichi atobe is based

So you're saying he just makes the same song over and over, but this time it isn't even subtle or at the very least even hidden in plain sight?

he has long patterns which means it's more engaging to listen.

deadmau5 is easily the most "pleasant" out of all mainstream edm producers desu.

i never heard this deadmau5 guy before. Its not bad, but i dont know, too uplifting maybe? I mainly go for music to RA, my favourite electronic albums are probably Classical Curves and something from Autechre. I also love dark industrial techno, so its not like i am afraid of repetiveness. If you have more trance/house tracks you can share. Here example tracks from different perspective on dance music
youtube.com/watch?v=rUITFKmuA8c
youtube.com/watch?v=rd_8bSinz8k

youtube.com/watch?v=K0pbfQxbWW4