Can anyone honestly tell the difference between 4K and 8K assuming you don't sit like only 4 feet away from a 65" TV?

Can anyone honestly tell the difference between 4K and 8K assuming you don't sit like only 4 feet away from a 65" TV?

Attached: 8kultrahd.jpg (490x490, 18K)

yeah 5 feet would work too

Not a damn fucking difference.
Seriously you are never, and I mean NEVER going to see the difference between 4k and 8k. 4k is a improvement upon hd, but 8k is simply a upscaled piece of shit trick, in which you can't even see the difference of.

Textures might be a bit better, but is that worth 5000 dollars more?

>5,000 dollars more
more like 13,000 dollars more

Is there even a measurable amount of 8k content to watch?

The difference is there. Just go to store playing 8K vs 4K TVs. I can see it, but the jump isn’t as big as 1080P to 4K. I would say visually I noticed a 25% increase. Realistically I know it’s a double percentage

Attached: 6FE0A99D-9663-4919-917A-BC4925F3E9A2.gif (399x152, 135K)

no
>future proofing

8k improves the resolution when watching television with binoculars or low powered microscopes.

There's a difference from 65" onwards. I work at Sony, and I can say the 8K panel makes the 4K panel look cheap on a huge ass panel size. Though the hassle of making one is kinda twice as much as making a 4K panel.

If you're sitting with your nose pressed up against the tv, maybe.

If you're a normal human being, you can't tell the difference sitting on your couch. I've seen a blind test where they put up a 4k LCD against a 1080p plasma.

They chose 1080p plasma for a reason -- to show that better contrast, black levels and colour reproduction will trump resolution every time. And it did.

only games actually scale with higher resolutions, traditional media is completely wasted

won't dual 4k monitors give you 8k?

No, you'd need 4 4K monitors.

the screen would have to be larger than my desk to make it worthwhile...

Stop asking questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

based buypig

and what about HDMI bandwidth required for 8K 10-bit

You'd need two HDMI/DP cables to get 8k 10bit at 90 fps, or three cables if you want it at 144+

Yes but you wilm stop caring about it after an hour.
I watch HD quality regular DVDs on my 4k TV, I really regret falling for that meme.
Higher picture quality changes nothing.

Oh, I'm sure I could tell the difference, if somebody would give me the chance to experience it. And then I'd go back to watching my videos in their native resolution on my 1080p monitor.

I need this so I could watch 4 4k movies at the same time.

The difference is 4k

saw 8k in person right next to a 4k tv, could barely tell the difference. 8k is a meme. it will only be useful for super huge displays at 100 inches or some shit.

i sit desktop distance away from a 5k imac and i can still see the pixels

it gives you more desktop space, the whole dream of programming is having tiny tiny text that you can STILL read because you're elite and have eagle eyes.

>intentionally ruining your vision

how the fuck would that ruin your vision

I still use 1080p on Desktop, 4k I don't even think would make much of a dif given how close I am to the screen?

Yes. If you use a 65 inch 8k TV as a monitor.

>$13k
kek

Attached: wtf.png (2121x979, 1.23M)

Yeah I actually believed all that bullshit you guys kept saying until I saw it at my parents house last year, I then had to go out and buy a 4k for myself right after. However I have always had a very fine attention to detail in my art classes back in highschool. On the other hand 30fps minimum is just fine for me, not really a worthwhile difference as long as it doesn't drop below that I am fine. In VR I do need 60fps minimum though

>8k
>is actually 7680
why are they alloud to do this

Attached: 1520790293042.jpg (584x749, 93K)

Yes I can. Anyone that says otherwise is talking out of their ass.

>You Save $30,000
This has to be fake. R-right?

Attached: 1543863680961.png (616x572, 90K)

same as you can write 1tb on drives
people don't care

nope, just took a screenshot a few minutes ago from the samsung website

Human eyes are not digital. Stop regurgitating apple's "retina" bullshit just because you've seen some graphs.

The only real answer that we have at the moment is that we don't know. There is no proper 8k blu-ray like quality content to really tell. I wasn't impressed by my 4k TV either until I tried a Planet Earth blu-ray rip.