What is your preferred note taking technology?

What is your preferred note taking technology?

Attached: taking-notes.png (1024x768, 218K)

lolis

Brain.

using a proprietary system with no way to download your data

Literally just an IPad with a Apple Pencil. Literally perfection.

I don't take notes and forget important stuff all the time.

Agenda on iOS and Mac as my Commonplace book and Journal

Paper and Pen for more intimate things and class notes and on the fly note taking

Tape recorder, or pen and paper.

Scientifically, taking handwritten notes is better for memorization, so that's what I do.

Agreed, it work this long and still is a good method

Paper
Pad
Napkin
Stone slates

>Being retarded enough not to remember things

typing because I'm dyslexic

forgot the image

Attached: niuouo.png (700x525, 502K)

iPhone with their Notes app, since I can use the stuff on muh Macbook right away.

Not all stuff is worth remembering. There is more to notes than school crap.

>not clearing your working memory
It's like you hate performance.

Your brain is the CPU, it should not be used for storing data. Clear your mind by exporting all your data to external storage.

Seconding this

Agenda has been a lifesaver for me

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 5.17.35 AM.png (2880x1800, 424K)

Speech-to-text, AI assisted.

Damn your life is sad as fuck

Attached: memes.gif (476x405, 2.83M)

Handwritten.

I know... I am improving user, at least Im not a defeatist incel

I dictate to my scribe

This except a cheap windows tablet with pen digitizer and OneNote

I did this in college, but it was because I'm disabled so it wasn't even cool or anything

I take notes on paper then use office lens to add them to onenote so I can add/rewrite digitally

Man I really want to love OneNote

But I cant trust MS with my inner thoughts

Also can you sort pages by date yet?

Thats true, i'd have advices for you but it seems that it wont be much more that what you tell yourself and then no do it

what kind of disability?

Yea you're right. Thing is, I know what to do/not to do, its just so damn hard to keep at the good path.

I had a hand deformity, couldn't type well. Surgically corrected for now.

well, maybe stop working on yourself and just do stuff with people, you'll be more interested in helping them than helping yourself and will probably get happier

Org-mode
It's a bliss with ess for embedded R plots/code

Don't trust electronic media with my thoughts. I write my notes in a notebook, manually encrypted with AES-256.
I decrypt it in my head when I want to read. The key is tattooed on my penis, which is perfect security, as no one will ever see it

I know i know generosity is actually such a good merit to have

My main problem has always been discipline and self restraint and anxiety all of which are being worked through the Buddhist framework (Buddhadhamma)

Not bad, but why restrain yourself, isnt it what makes you sad ?

Keep up the good work, user. Life is indeed suffering

No not really,

the lack of it, makes me miserable. Jumping at the first thought/craving is really really miserable, it will take you to a neverending quest of chasing immeediate desires (which are infinite), to gain pleasures that's fleeting, often at the cost of health and time

Thanks user sending you love in my meditation later

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 6.22.11 AM.png (2880x1800, 584K)

How do you prevent bit rot

Galaxy Tab S 4

Forgot pic.
Also Dex mode for near desktop experience.
Sadly there's no dev support, for taking notes I use simple draw app.

Attached: setienne_180806_2797_1331_2.1533697651.jpg (1200x675, 113K)

glad it got better for you, that's rough

$640+ USD

Attached: 1559564028510.jpg (720x696, 56K)

>50% of iPad Pro price
>maybe 10% of performance
Is Applel a value brand now?

There are people buying a 999$ monitor stand.
Also I got it for 560$ less than a flagship phone price.
Also
>poorfag

Wheres that the balls?

Notebook. Styluses and a good screen were hard to find back when I went to college. It was also a lot cheaper to spend $5 on a notebook that I could use for a semester.

use mousepad to save .txt in ~/

paper
you could say it even helps me encrypt the contents because no one understands my handwriting (I do)

I can't write fast enough to keep up with the professor. It's impossible to catch everything. Highschool note taking was easier because the teacher would just write the notes on the chalk board and I could copy it at my own pace.

>2k19
>universities don't offer recordings of lectures
Why is this even legal?

Note taking != transcribing
They should have taught you this in highschool to make your college transition smoother

>2019
>not recording your teacher then making a remix of her voice to fap to

Handwritten notes

based

I write messages to myself in telegram

org-mode. If i want to get something written and don't have a big computer on me, i just get my phone and use markor or nano on termux.
Paper is shit/cumbersome and i only use it when needed. If i'm to keep stuff on paper, i'd rather print it than write it, as typing is way faster and more comfortable/ergonomic than writing (i can't write with good posture too, i end up getting near the paper because of my shit vision. With a computer i sit straight, good posture, and look straight to my front)

you seen like you need a hug. hug

I haven't seen anyone hand-write anything in all my uni classes. Nobody does that anymore.

Most people type faster than they can write. It doesn't hurt my hands. It's more neat. I can easily correct mistakes without ruining my paper.

If someone's handwritting on paper they probably trying to be contrarian and thus can be deemed an idiot.

ipad with pencil
I originally used a surface pro + stylus but ultimately it's fucking shit as an OS and not at all designed for touch. Plus the "new" version of onenote is a piece of shit that lacks multiple features from the 2016 version and MS say it's the way forward, pricks.

I have a Samsung S4 and ultimately it lacks the good features of iOS note taking apps. Though it does work fine as literally just "pen + paper replacement", it doesn't really work with multiple notes, PDFs, text to ink, etc.

Get on my level.
Vim + vimwiki with markdown on netbook. Best syntax highlighting so far. That's for class notes.
IA Writer on my phone for quick notes and shitpost saves.
Sticky notes and Pilot BP-S pen for even faster notes or for memorizing stuff while working with something complex or important. You know, the stuff you can't afford yourself to miss.

Handwritten digital notes on my iPad with the Apple pen, best of both worlds and I can still use the keyboard if I need to type a lot of text that doesn't have a lot of different formatting and drawn figures and shit like that.

good to hear you're doing better now.

Attached: Bowsette upscaled and good looking.png (1290x1824, 1.71M)

Handwritten digital notes for technical courses, typing for others.

This.
Motherfuckers just do a fucking transcript of a lecture instead of listening and enjoying the subject whilst taking short notes of what's important.
Highschool really makes people dumb with all that writing shit.

Attached: writing-notes-on-arm.jpg (750x500, 69K)

My professors distribute their powerpoints ahead of time so we can just annotate the slides

Handwritten notes in OneNote. Best of both worlds

I unironically prefer taking notes with pencil and paper.
I can't even remember shit when I'm playing /v/idya. When I played Trails in the Sky I had to constantly depend on the Bracer Notebook to keep tabs of my quests because I couldn't remember 3-6 things at a time about where to go or who to talk to. How can you expect me to remember shit when I'm doing code monkey work?

He forgot.

What is the Jow Forums approved recorder for lectures?

Did you get the keyboard folder thing too?
I was going to get one of these but the lack of increased battery life compared to the s3 and 4gb of ram made me wait
I know its retarded to say 4gb isn't enough for android but considering linux on dex was a selling point it seemed skimpy

Hopefully by the time the tab s5 rolls around they'll pack it with enough hardware to run linux/dex and the base android system without the need for a transition screen

>Did you get the keyboard folder thing too
No got this.

Attached: R4-rollable-bluetooth-keyboard-Black-474217-.jpg (500x500, 18K)

google keep

I graduated college in 2010. Taking notes on computer wasn't really a thing

Reminds me I keep thinking of writing up a program to manage notes/text files in a database of sorts. Terminal only, of course. You query the database and it brings up the file you want in your set text editor. Ideally should be able to query by date, tags, subject, and content.
Pretty sure I'd be better served by fully utilizing my file browser's metadata though

Paper + mechanical pencil

I've never seen the appeal of pencils for notetaking they are more of an artist thing to me
bic 4 color pen is my jam

no thats where the pee is stored

Or maybe they're poor.

notejs

wrote up hundreds of pages of class notes on libreoffice on my x220, I like the shortcuts that make it easy to create bullet point lists and headings.

Attached: libreoffice-5-1.png (770x570, 327K)

look into fzf vim

Digital

You mean a phone?

Attached: Samsung Note 10.jpg (1417x761, 264K)

I literally never read any of the notes I take

Nobody reads them after anyway. Might as well just take a scrap of paper and write shit on it.

It's supposed to help with memory retention. If you really need to look anything up you can just look up the slides online or watch some youtube video

Instead of taking notes like a peasant I just acquire good books in which everything is cleaner structurized and written anyways.