CODER ROASTIES BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=4OSrjhzJ-B4

Attached: 2019-06-26-063829_974x561_scrot.png (974x561, 456K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5W_wd9Qf0IE
youtube.com/watch?v=zidiWe9yq88
bitchute.com/video/b5Og9WBpzVgr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but getting pandered to with a video that confirms your preconceived notions is something you like?

fUcK oFf

Your shitty irrelevant e-celebs and their idiotic youtube channels are STILL NOT TECHNOLOGY.

Fuck off, advertise your garbage content somewhere else.

>coder

Attached: 1557437796217-g.png (512x700, 69K)

This guy is kinda a commie with this 8 hour work 8 hour "rest" 8 hour sleep bullshit

It's pretty common for IT companies in Sydney to have various snacks and free beer - though the specific beer policy really depends on the company.

I've seen all sorts of things like only after 5, only on fridays, artificial limitations (ie. only X cases per week get ordered).

My last company had an unlimited beer policy, and no restrictions on when it is drank, and it's exactly as it sounds. It was pretty awesome, and some weeks I would drink maybe 40 bottles - but ultimately, if you did this long-term, you'll just fuck up your liver, so what's the point?

Spends 2 minutes covering his assignments in a well thought out explanation for the video.

Retarded leftists still down vote.

Could say the inverse is true of you

I used to be interested in the whole work culture thing to make up for the fact that I had no friends, but now that I have a gf all I want to do is get home so I can spend time with her

What? Your job allowed you to drink while working and offered it for free?!

>in Sydney

No one’s doing any work there to begin with m

I hate the entire software development/programming field. It's full of midwits (100-115IQ people) who think they're geniuses because they know a programming language and can do fancy things using libraries. Thus they give themselves titles like software """engineer""" or worse, QA "engineer".

I also think CS degrees are a massive scam. Either you get just a repackaged IT degree (like me) or this super theoretical degree chunk full of irrelevant material (OS, compilers, theory of computation) that you will forget one to two years out of school. If not by the time next semester starts.

There is really nothing to programming. I am surprised when I hear people who say "I'm a physics/math/engineering graduate and I can't program". Which means you are either lying, cheated your way through your degree or went through the thousands of "universities" out there with a 8th grade level syllabus.

It takes top 6 months to get from no knowledge of programming to being able to work as a developer assuming you're moderately (+1SD) intelligent.

The entire software industry revolves around marketing (AI, machine learning, data science, analytics, Agile, React) buzz words to boomers and technologically inept people. Also, the management of many firms is run by midwits or below average IQ people who got there because of nepotism and connections.

Its Australia, so absolutely believable. It was probably some piss like VB though so not really a perk.

>beer

are you working in Facebook?

>midwits (100-115IQ people) who think they're geniuses
This is also what I hate about this field but I hate the CS kids who think they're smart because they read a bunch of irrelevant theory out of a book and think they know better than people who actually program

None of that automata, advanced algorithmic complexity stuff is used.

If you want to do CS you'll need a PhD and have to work for some big company. But because the number of job positions is so small, they are highly selective about who they hire.

Everyone at my work that has won employee of the month stays back and does ten hour days.
I leave exactly after I've done my 8, and I always deliver projects on time. On top of that I get to go home to my girlfriend which is like winning everyday.
There are only two perks work can offer me and that's time and money.

Employee of the month is about politics. Few workplaces reward you based on merit. Realize this, and hop jobs to whereever pays you best, and offers you the best conditions.

Shit like you described, and shit in OP's video is why remote jobs are still a minority of jobs in the software field.

What her job actually is that amazing? And how do I get a job like that?
Pretty sure she did two hours of work in a full eleven hour day and she's paid hourly. Damn what the hell.
There's no way in hell her job is that good.

long neck?

step 1: be a girl in STEM

VB comes in cans (tinnies) or short neck bottles (stubbies).

well written
can you produce any effective code?
i reckon not.
another non-programmere on Jow Forums stating 'it's all easy' 'anyone can do it' .. 'it's all libraries'.

idiot.

>or this super theoretical degree chunk full of irrelevant material (OS, compilers, theory of computation) that you will forget one to two years out of school. If not by the time next semester starts.
And yet you complain about "midwits"? The fucking irony is stunning, holy shit.

long neck?

Attached: LONG NECK.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

He probably knows Python and thinks cobbling something together with imports counts as software engineering.

>Could say the inverse is true of you
you think like a fucking 10 year old

Why is it always a shitskin making these "my daily vlog at work xDDDD"

Are companies telling them to do it because these shitskins are unable to do anything else and they're just there as diversity hires?

Are companies telling them to do it because they want more people to fall for the code monkey job meme so the wages can be drastically lowered?

lmao I do lots of unpaid overtime but only because I kinda sorta like my coworkers and at home nothing but cold empty loneliness would await me

Attached: e82.jpg (800x791, 215K)

>OS, compilers, theory of computation
>irrelevant material
Spotted the webdev.

I am a dev, you retard. When I am at work talking to clients or management I pretend that I am really busy and that what I am doing is really hard, just like you. But I don't pretend on an anonymous internet forum that it is difficult.

How is that ironic? Knowing that stuff doesn't make you a better programmer (in the professional world where you are working in C# or javascript) as much as knowing the specific framework better (like react, angular, .NET). You are an incel who thinks shit like the stacks in your OS and compilers are going to be better optimized by someone like YOU.

>How is that ironic?
You quite heavily implied that you lack the mental capacity of remembering that stuff years later and yet complain about above 100 IQ people.
That's the fucking irony. And it's really sad that I have to explain that to you. Is your IQ above 80 even?

Wait so code but not too much is the lesson here?
The first time I saw the video with the black guy I thought he didn't even do that much work and he still had time to play basketball. But this video really showed me that his is the more balanced way of going compared to the other ones. I personally am just going to be a grind machine because programming is not going to be my job forever. I've got aspirations to fulfill.

That wasn't the gist of my argument. My point is that stuff isn't relevant.

Personally, I don't remember much of what I learnt and it's been two years. I am not some slave who spends his free time revising stuff from school. I focus on what is required of me in industry.

how is long term memory related to IQ?

>dyel incel with spiderman wallpaper
>seething at female programmers
checks out

>My point is that stuff isn't relevant.
Thanks for admitting arguing a strawman. Kindly fuck off.

Wanting a normal life has nothing to do with commies.
It's 8 hours max then I'm out, work is not important. Good places are dime a dozen.

Attached: quote-AbdulKalam.jpg (780x1009, 124K)

its pretty hard not to seethe at female programmers when you see the preferential treatment they get and are also responsible for making up for them

Oh man good one.

based pajeet

nice work dodging my points

>Good places are dime a dozen
See I don't think that's true. I think if you land a good job you should be grateful. Maybe it's just me, I would be lucky to get a good job.

I agree with you, it's hard to land a good job. there are way more bad jobs than good jobs. many "good" jobs are bad jobs with high pay. and most jobs are bad pay bad threatment.

Silicon Valley is just overhyped, the salaries are high only because the cost of living there is thru the roof. There are people who live in cars and vans because that's more cost effective and they can't really afford a humane rent. Move away from silicon valley and you'll get just as good jobs in relation to the cost of living.

That was sort of my point.
Even if there was a $1000 bonus, why would I spend an extra 10 hours each week for a chance to get it?
Even if I won once a year I'd probably be getting paid $2 an hour for it.

You'd be better off getting a second job then caring about work incentives

I got a second job waiting tables while working as a software dev during the week. it was actually pretty comfy. I made a ton of money through tips. it was hard when my real job made me need to work on the weekend though.

This isn't a problem just with CS. Every field is deteriorating because of "midwits" as you say. Making university for everyone was a huge mistake and now we're beginning to see the results. Most academics today are just cargo cult retards who can't their way out of a paper bag.

I absolutely agree. People need a tertiary education but very few need a 4 year bachelors degree. University used to be for the academic and intellectual elite. You shouldn't go to university and ask but what use is this, and how can I purpose this to make money.

Software development should be something that is 6 months to a year long. But schools need to justify extorting their students so they add some much fluff units and theoretical stuff.

>VB
Visual Basic?

victoria bitter is a shit tier australian beer

fuck off

>victoria bitter
does it taste bitter?

it's a really shitty quality and heavily carbonated lager, really overproduced and pretty bitter

Programming is all about mathematics period. You're right that it takes months to learn but when you sit down to work on something not on stackoverflow, what will you do? Thats where the theory comes in. Unless youre making app GUIs or wrapper apps in which case kys.

>biological female programmer
Yeah nah, I'll believe it when I see it.

I can't make it any simpler for you

it can't be a bad job with high pay

>Knowing that stuff doesn't make you a better programmer

that's how I know you're a pleb, at least understand the importance of knowing those subjects, I'm so fucking glad my degree is the latter rather than some brainless IT repackage

What is an algebraic data type, faggot?

yes it can. you haven't been around enough if you think that. there are plenty of bad jobs that pay well but will ruin you.

depends on what you value more

That's my drug famalam

Well, at my last job we typically spent around an hour on lunch break and then half an hour playing on console. That's not counting all the time where you just walk around the office and talk to people about pointless shit not related to job or having autistic discussions like OS wars. So that's at most 5 hours in front of my desk per day.

you sound like a cuck.

i work 8 hours and go to my wife and kids at home, i don't give a shit about your product. just pay me and I'll make it happen.

RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT

This guy is even smuggier than luke smith, and the bald minimalist pube bearded guy is insufferable

everyone who edits is selective, though people selectively editing to desceive are the problem

what is it with anglos and celebrating getting drunk to cope with your job ?
Where i work, there is an office coffee maker and everyone chips in for the coffee. About 7 to 10 bucks a month.
You want food ? Go to the cafeteria and purchase it.
>lmao, 8 hours of work ? I do 11. Are you even a real wagie, faggot ? Wanna see me lick boot ? I can do it 5 times better than you, bitch ! I am a real man !
you may work like a pig, but i actually get shit done.
You come in after getting almost no sleep and can't concentrate without meth and start breaking down once the pressure ramps up.
I come in well rested from a regular sleep schedule and i plan my workloads with breaks in order to actually use them instead of spending hours dicking around to keep the idea alive that hoursespend == workdone.

Attached: the weak shall fear the strong.jpg (3648x2736, 1.5M)

Now do one for diversity hires

Attached: 1218BFDD-EDF3-40E3-AFBB-8D9644B598A2.jpg (2048x2048, 452K)

Why code when you can be a woke NigTuber?

the guy who wrote & sang "code monkey" quit being a programmer to become a musician
youtube.com/watch?v=5W_wd9Qf0IE

all this shit is pajeets and bootcamp faggots glorifying some made up holly wood west coat lifestyle that just does not exist; at least not for "coders".

Who's this misogynistic loser?

>this is why I can't find a job

Attached: 1560986704085.jpg (952x952, 106K)

Attached: cringe.png (1257x473, 234K)

>leftists
this isn't even a political topic what makes you think the people who thumbs downed the yt vid are leftists?

>programming is syntax
well done, you passed GO. Now you start learning what actual programming is

based

Woah

Oh I thought that picture was going to chastise me for leaving at 4:00ish everyday.

Am I alone in having incredibly lax software job environments?

From what I've seen software jobs are total bullshit with 90% of people barely doing any work, dicking around, coming in late, leaving early.

I'm a software engineer. Took the first job I could after college working on a shitty industry application. No perks except flexible time (Come in and leave when I want as long as I'm there for core hours and make up 40 hours a week). We have coffee/game breaks twice a day and a daily stand up. I can't really complain about my job. It's better than working in amazon warehouse or mcdonalds.

These people who are vlogging just work at massive companies that can afford the downtime/perks. Yeah not every CS job is going to be like this but I'd sooner work at the worst CS job than break my back for pennies.

Good wagie!!

Do just enough work so that the number look good. I'd sooner do software than anything else. Worst case scenario just start spouting technobabble to the higher ups.

"Ah yes, you see we can't release until the wrapper has fully intergrated with the test enviroment. If we don't the entire system might start being recursive and we'd have to unlink every module and rebuild them"

he's actually pretty based for a web dev.

I work like 0-6 hours a day depending on whether I feel like it.
Mostly burning time by reading news, listening to music, and chatting with friends, or even just go play ping pong or disc golf.
I get paid well above median salary, and am on a very small team of high level software engineers that do all of the important AI shit for the company.
I can leave and/or work from home whenever I feel like, where I do even less work.
Like today I ate a bad breakfast burrito so I just said I felt sick and took off for home so I could take a dump in private comfort.

How does anybody ever get overworked in software?

I honestly don't know what the point of this video was. Most big companies can afford this shit so you'll stay after your 8 hours and make up for the amount of dicking around.

Employee is happy because free shit. Employer is happy because employee is giving them 8 hours.

Yeah if you get a job without free shit then employee is going to give you 8 hours.

>JoCo
Holy shit that brings me back.
youtube.com/watch?v=zidiWe9yq88

Don't get me wrong I do a good 5 hours+ of work a day but sometimes I can get really into a piece of code.

The overworked ones must have shitty project leaders that beat down over you or just hired into a job that they physically couldn't do.

I'm currently in the exact same position 70k a year and I actually really enjoy my work environment. I get to work around 7 clock in 8 hours with an included 1hr lunch and 2 30min breaks and clock out around 3 where I'm free to meet up with friends or head back home.

God I love my job. Boss doesn't care about anything other than getting work in on time and actively sets things up so that everyone can learn from eachother and further their career.

My job is actually like the videos lol.

Attached: 1553028988211.gif (382x678, 2.29M)

Think the guy in the video was just really salty that his job isn't like yours.

Someone should have told him that life isn't always fair.

If he wants a job like in the videos he should go look for one rather than ranting about it.

I'd trade my job for one in the video if the swap was available but I'm happy where I am now.

Yeah in Australia I've seen that, even working for an American corporation.
They also spared us with all the gay shit.

Australia is a weird country where you can drink beer while getting a haircut but some things are stupidly over-regulated.

this is what half a day of 'real code workings' looks like sped up 200 times
bitchute.com/video/b5Og9WBpzVgr/

Yes

I enjoy my job just don't have the perks but I'm okay with it. Money is more than I spend and I don't feel like driving my car into a bridge afterwards.

Some days its even better than that and I feel like I can walk out after my 8 hours with a smile on my face.

Been seeing these random capitalized letters lately.

What the fuck do they mean?

>On top of that I get to go home to my girlfriend which is like winning everyday.

thats nice to hear user

Haha. No it's not. This is 6 hours of someone working on there own project. I'd say 60% of my job is reproducing bugs and finding where and why they are happening, 30% code review and testing; and only 10% actually writing in new features.

>he doesn't get paid to work on their own projects
sad, also that video had no new features added it was entirely poking at the code style debugging.