profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Git: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Attached: 1mpv2504469369235.png (1200x855, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/
iina.io/
celluloid-player.github.io/
fuxx.us/imouto
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/4.4
mpv.io/manual/master/
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-alang
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-slang
mpv.io/manual/master/#input-conf
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Interpolation
github.com/streamlink/streamlink
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-screen
notebookcheck.net/7700HQ-vs-N3350_8400_8185.247596.0.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
placebo

is mpv in linux more updated than the windows builds? or are they the same? mine is v0.29.1

Forgot to add this part OP

Front-ends:
Windows: mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/
Mac: iina.io/
Linux: celluloid-player.github.io/

Depends on the build. In Windows, the build that is more updated is from stax76. Meanwhile in linux, the builds that are more updated come from testing branches or rolling release distros.

Depends on the distro. Distros that stick to releases for packaging are far behind, since the last official release was last year.
It's really easy to compile it from source on Linux though (unless you want a custom ffmpeg version as well).

>blurpv

mpv is pretty shit on windows but i'm guessing you aren't pushing this for windows.
fuxx.us/imouto works best

>mpv is pretty shit on windows
How so?

Try mpv.net

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

new stax build is out bros!
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/4.4

>some settings like colors didn't work because enclosing quotes were missing
lmao

>Hiding window decoration
Fucking finally. Thanks bby

is this mpv.net shilling a meme?

It's basically mpv for retards
I prefer shinchiros builds on windows

This but with added bugs. I see no reason for it, either you just copy a config and don' bother to set shit up, in which case you should use regular mpv. Or you want to mess with the options constantly, in which case you should use regular mpv as well.

Yes and no. The constant shilling is annoying af, but the player itself is really good.

>youtube-dl STILL doesn't block twitch ads
AAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH

What does mpv stand for? Media Player Vagina? Hahaha mpvtards fucking roasted.

most player valuable

media player 5

is there a way to blur the video behind the osc?

IINA

how do i take a screenshot

mpv.io/manual/master/

Attached: Screenshot_20190626-152215_Firefox.jpg (1305x358, 81K)

how do I set subtitle and audio track preference

READ THE FUCKING MANUAL

I looked at the manual and there's nothing about subtitles and audio tracks

this must be bait

if you can't read the manual, I suggest to use one of the mpv front-ends listed above in this thread. They all have GUI for settings that will do what you are looking for.

I'll spoonfeed you little baby

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-alang

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-slang

>white power sign
oh no

I have two .mkv files with the following subtitle track layout:

file 1 subtitle tracks
[unknown] actual subtitles
[unknown] subtitles for songs

file 2 subtitle tracks
[eng] subtitles for songs
[eng] actual subtitles

File 1 selects the actual subtitles correctly but the second one doesn't. I tried --sid=2, and it worked for file 2, but it changed the subtitle track for file 1. What do I have to add to my mpv.conf so file 2 selects the correct subtitle track without changing the subtitle track for file 1?

Really??? Awesome, dling now.

Weebs post your best config for me. Thanks.

##Video##
gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
hwdec=d3d11va
profile=gpu-hq
video-sync=display-resample

##Audio##
alang=eng,en
volume-max=200

##Subtitle##
slang=eng,en
sub-auto=fuzzy
sub-ass-force-margins=yes
embeddedfonts=no
sub-font="Clear Sans"
sub-ass-force-style=FontName="Clear Sans"
sub-color="#ffffffff"
sub-border-color="#101010"
sub-gray=yes
sub-gauss=.75

##Screenshot##
screenshot-format=jpg
screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes
screenshot-template=C:\Users\user\Pictures\%F_%p_%n

##Misc##
ontop
msg-module
no-osd-bar
keep-open=yes
loop-file=inf
priority=high
autofit=100%
geometry=50%:68%
cursor-autohide=200
prefetch-playlist=yes
force-window=immediate
save-position-on-quit
watch-later-directory=C:\Users\user\Videos\mpv\watch_later

##OSC##
script-opts=osc-title=${filename},osc-layout=bottombar,osc-seekbarstyle=bar,osc-deadzonesize=0,osc-minmousemove=2,osc-hidetimeout=1000,osc-vidscale=no

##Stream##
[protocol.https]
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

Thanks. Will try

I tried this player and it is shit and has less features than VLC does on Windows 10

what features?

Tried making middle click make the video fullscreen instead of double left click, which interferes with play/pause obviously. But it won't work.
#MOUSE_BTN3 cycle fullscreen # toggle fullscreen on/off

Tried it with variation on BTN number. It's like the double click to maximise is cancelling out this function but it's not in the input.config.

Again if your coming to mpv looking for GUI, download mpv.net

Well, you commented it out...
Try MBTN_MID cycle fs

Yeah mate, that worked, thanks!
>MBTN_MID
It was hard to find the syntax for middle mouse button looking around at documentation.
It won't work on mpv.net for some reason, but I'll look into that later.
On normal mpv, it's working nicely.
I haven't been using mpv long but I've noticed sometimes the documented syntax for changing key binds or mouse functionality don't work but someone adds an extra step and it works (when I look here or around github for people rectifying things.)
Really appreciate your assistance with that, cheers user.

I just downloaded FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1 and I'm not sure how to get it to work. I tried typing in opengl-shader="C:\file\path\" and glsl-shader="C.\file\path" and checked both options with stats.lua and it didn't seem to register the shader.

If it's not in the manual then it can usually be found with input commands. And the manual lets you know what they are.
mpv.io/manual/master/#input-conf

What's cool is that you can run mpv with mpv --input-test --force-window --idle and press the key you want to find out the name of and it will tell you.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (335x2040, 60K)

Is there an alternative for SVP?

why? its garbage.

Read this.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Interpolation

>This site can’t be reached
>mpv.net’s server IP address could not be found.
well done, retard

>using it as a domain name
user, can you stop being a retard? mpv .NET (alias C# wrapper for mpv)

Two thousand and nineteen years and seven months after the birth of our lord and savior Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ and MPV still does not support HDR passthrough.

Put it in the same folder as your mpv conf, then add the line
>glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1.glsl"
Also note that it only kicks in if you increase the resolution by at least a factor 1.4.

Btw you're not using stats.lua as a separate user script, are you?

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

Any plug-in for mpv to play acestream links?

Convince me to drop vlc for mpv.

maybe streamlink?

github.com/streamlink/streamlink

How can I get mpv to replay a video once its ended in a single button press? I'm used to just hitting play again and it going, but I did find I can press L twice and and get a similar effect.

Attached: 1561563405032.webm (488x434, 1.07M)

This

neat free special effects

I'm using MPC-HC with madVR is mpv better? How should I set it up if I mostly watch anime?

Still pretty confused about hwdec. mpv devs say its bad but it supposedly improves performance significantly.
Should I turn it on or keep it off?

Do I have to create a shortcut then put that input test in the properties window> target field?
I read about that on github.
That image is handy, thanks.
Would have responded last night but I went to sleep soon after sorting the middle mouse button for fullscreen toggle.

depends if you have new hardware and a quadcore cpu do not use it. Now, if your have a dualcore or have hardware that is less capable, then yes turn it on.

It's less of a strain on your system and I find that a common issue with 4k videos, judder is eliminated when I use mpv.
With Anime personally, I add the playlist, it keeps track of your watch list in a txt file for future reference of where your up to.
I use mpv.net for this because it's all there to easily check out, learn what you like and maybe move to normal mpv later.
I use oversample under source to add a gentle smoothing to the Anime because Animes suffer from a lot of judder in their panning shots.
Save position on quit under playback.
Then it's just a case of right click>open>recent
And select the upper most file to carry on where you left off. Really handy for long series of Anime to keep tabs on where you're upto etc.

Attached: MPC-be+MAdvr. MPV.net (4k HDR VIDEO).png (2653x224, 425K)

>Forgot
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no. Get a life, shill.

fuck off shill

>is this mpv.net shilling a meme?
It is. Buggy frontend outperforming and lacking basic features like subtitles support.

nice false flag shill

>boring/10

t. boomer

>user, can you stop being a retard?
>mpv. NET
shill spotted

placebo

shill

Why? Ui bad umbongo.

Literally just type that command into the terminal and an mpv window will open. Then press the button you want to find out the name of. Then close mpv and look at the output. You'll have to sift through some garbage but it will show the name of the button and if it is bound to anything.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (1061x1892, 273K)

Do I have to open CMD and point it to the directory mpv is in, then run that command?

Yes, or set up mpv as an environment variable and you'll be able run mpv commands in any directory.

>set up mpv as an environment variable
meaning, adding the dir where `mpv.exe` is located to your %PATH% env var.

Ah ok, I think I know how to do that, I'll test it our later on. I'm guessing that it's really useful having it as an environment variable, I'll have to look up some uses people find doing that.
Thanks m8o.

imagine going through all this trouble just to select a track. linuxfags are truly remarkable.

downloaded mpv.net, right click and selected the option in the menu

holy shit your both fucking retarded

user I...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-27 stax76 mpv net.png (515x261, 9K)

how is iima? is it better to use mpv proper instead of it?

If you are on a mac, iina is the way to go.

mpv is more stable but doesn't have multi window support

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-screen

why did you think it doesn't support multiple screens?

Is it possible to watch 10bit h264 anime on a N3350 professor? Regular 8bit h264 files work in SMPlayer when I turn on hardware acceleration, and the files work in VLC. SMPlayer uses mpv under the hood apparently. Is it possibly to configure mpv so that it can play 10 bit files? The computer has 4GB of RAM and an SSD (not sure if this matters).

I didnt have to do anything to play 10bit with mpv. It just worked.

Which CPU do you have? 10bit h264 has to be decoded in software and the N3350 is not very fast. But I've hoped that it could be fast enough for 10bit 1080p with the right mpv settings.

i7
cant remember the exact one but its in an XPS 15 9560

It's a lot faster:
Average Benchmarks Intel Core i7-7700HQ 100%
Average Benchmarks Intel Celeron N3350 41%
notebookcheck.net/7700HQ-vs-N3350_8400_8185.247596.0.html

Oh, I'm an idiot. I thought you were saying it couldn't play them at all. Not sure if you can do much about getting better performance with that hardware.

Is there any way to make MPV use the native resolution size unless it extends beyond the display? Setting it to 99% makes videos extend past the display if they're 1080p or higher.

Attached: 1558601238640.jpg (691x145, 22K)

That's default behavior for mpv. What happens with mpv.net if you don't autofit?

the video is smaller than the native res, like it says there "50% is the default"

not screens, windows.
like 1 process, many windows.

The lower the frame timings the better right?

>like it says there "50% is the default"
Well, I assumed IF you use autofit. Seems weird to use an option as default, that isn't even properly implemented (missing support for absolute values, WxH syntax and 100% autofit).
Does mpv.net offer autofit-larger as well? If yes, then use that instead. It'll enforce a max. resolution and won't affect anything that doesn't exceed the limit.