dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy stax

Love my ships. Everyone should own 9500s for gaming.

Sennheiser is for cucks.

hd660s/topping dx7s

Redpill on STAX for newbies: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered good back in the 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt.

They were purchased for less than $900K by a Chinese company Edifier (whose primary market is cheap Chinese speakers and headphones) who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/. They also leveraged STAX's prior Japanese identity to market it to weebs, using Youtubers like Zeos.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

Recently Rtings rated STAX across various dimension, it's worse in terms of sound than mid-priced offerings from Hifiman and Audeze, and only got a 7.7 rating.

i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

Oratory (respected sound engineer) on the build:

i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its Made in China snakeoil for the audiophool.

Attached: 1546498796183.png (1027x1369, 784K)

Absolutely based.

Attached: Staxtard.png (842x792, 201K)

are the takstars the best affordable over ears? How are the affordable ATHs like the m40

Anyone own a Nintendo Switch?
If so, do you use any DAC/Amp with it?
It seems like console only supports UAC1 which, none of my DAC works with it (UAC2).

Still loving my shp9500... But i'm using my takstar m82's on my Sansa view with Fiio E5 more.

Attached: Audio G.jpg (1617x723, 271K)

just hook it up to a receiver to grab the hdmi audio and output that to spdif or whatever you want

At last, I found you fxaudiofriend.
I wanted to ask you which sony headphones is that one and if you also own the 7506 and if so, how do they sound? also, what about your HD 280?

Move aside, nerds. Best budget headphones coming through :^)

Attached: TrustyFucks.jpg (3840x2160, 934K)

how are the akg k52s?

Those are the Sony MDR 7505, which were briefly available as kinda of an off-shoot of the 7506/V6. I dont own the 7506 or V6, but i have listened to them, and they sound better than the 7505... And are more comfortable... And better built... The 7505 are basically just MDR300s with a nicer outer casing, but the casing(atleast mine) squeaks like CRAZY so adjusting them is annoying af. Once they're actually set up on your head they're not too bad but i did need to put valour pads on since on-ears just generally dont feel too great to me.(I have them on my HD25 and amperiors too)

The HD280's are my go-to. They sound good enough, are easy to slip on and off, clamping does not bother me, etc... They're what i use the most with my bedroom computer(which uses the FX audio dac 6). Should add the 7505's are what are hooked up to my living room PC which ALSO uses a FX audio dac 6, but thats more to do with how i rarely use that machine(its basically just a glorified PLEX server that i never even leave powered on).

Why is m40x meme'd on every youtube "review" videos?
i might bite the meme if you dont stop me

I dunno... They're definitely not worth the cost though. The Takstar pro82 are about half as expensive and sound better in every way and are much more comfortable. Build quality is about the same.

Define budget

Aren't you going to make an epileptic gif for that one too?

Are Koss KSC75 the best ear clip headphones out there?

I can't stand IEM buttplugs or iphone buds

Attached: KSC75_1.jpg (1500x1500, 178K)

yes

Problem is that I need one that outputs to USB.

All the other output options on my DAC are already occupied by other gears and I don't plan to switch them around.

I guess I'll have to get one of those cheap portable DACs.

i... i didnt say anything about the sennheiser 8 series... I'd never go that expensive(even the HD6xx's are kinda pricey for me. The vintage HD580's are kinda my goal atm)

Maybe I was hyped too much but nothing is as disappointing as listening to your first electrostatic headphone. You'd think the cumbersome nature and expense must mean its something amazing but nope. It's more different than in any way superior to other high end headphones. And the lack of weight to the sound really kills the musicality.

It's awkward because you guys are some of the deafest people, but at least you can hear these electronic whispers

no, best budget headphones are a pair of gently used hd800 or t1s with new pads

I want some solid sound cancelling headphones but dont want to get memed into spending more money than I need to.

US
~$200 or less
?
?
7/10 or better
?
Mostly skullcandy, i want these to listen to music anyways, and skullcandy is cheap

Please im tired of these fucks at work bothering me, i wamna hear nothing but music at all times. Can be wireless or not, I dont care.

Is the HA-RX900 any good? I have the HA-RX700 and they've been pretty good for me. However I do need another spare headphone for a friend that keeps on forgetting his.

Got the Fidelio X2 for like 150 euro instead on sale on amazon

Bose QuietComfort 25

how do i get a job where i can just listen to music and not talk to anyone

Desk job lul (government work)

>best budget headphones are a pair of gently used terrible and pretty expensive headphones with new pads
looks good to me

Attached: 0mfay069y0x01.png (842x792, 82K)

>hd800
>terrible
epic ftw

ok for broke anons:
dt880 600 ohm and shitt stack all used or hd600, akg k712 is also an option...

Attached: headphones.jpg (2396x1537, 2.47M)

>oingo boingo
good taste in music, but bad taste in everything else, that guide is a cry for help

>he fell for the superlux meme
My condolences.

First for END GAME

Attached: 4E17A76E-0860-48C2-A0DB-48FD3B64E0A9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.39M)

you like nagisa too???
can we be boyfriends???

Thats literally 4x more than what the shp9500 can be found for...

SMSL M3?

That depends, are you a cute top?

Has a clean, dac pre outs are nice if you need them, not much power for headphone out but its the same for any usb powered amp.

i'm sure that i am!
how old are you though?

How would it compare to the FX-audio dac-x6, you think? I'm stuck between those two

At least you got to hear Stax before getting memed into buying them. You're fortunate, not many places actually have them for demo

Any opinions about hd599? because they pretty ok

I'm 28, but told i look 20. I'm also very smol.(5'6" and 120lbs)

The SMSL M3 and dac FX6 are basically the same thing(even using the same DAC chip. the amp chip on the X6 favors higher impedance headphones) so just pick whichever one has the better UI for you.

I have some sph9500, they are alright but too large for my head (no clamping force).

HM should I sell them for? $50 cdn (~35 usd)?

Just bought the 58x, did I get memed

Attached: jbCgVcPdRXZC1YRI2oZ3_3qKeFvWGRbQ3wreRhIVc_58x_clear.jpg (1080x1080, 133K)

should've bought 6xx

>I literally got two more pairs of SHPs in the mail today

Attached: 1560483860729.gif (607x609, 821K)

Ah, funny. Thanks user!

do you have a cute butt though?

I bought mine used for $60cnd, in mint condition with box.. So $50 sounds fair, provided they're not covered in sweat or worn out.

Its totally adorable af... I do lots of running, squats and dead lifts..

Aren't they great on lowend?

I'll prob grab those next.. Id prefer HD580's, cause i hate how the glossy plastic looks... HD580's with 600 grills is the ideal.

MDR 7506.

Three some hybrid pads on my x2s. Made the headphones feel and look a lot more premium. Bass is punchier though highs seem a bit more shrill. Would putting an extra sheet of foam fix this?

>still using my ATH-AD700's
feels good man

IEM gang
[Skrrrt]

Attached: IMG_20190626_152019_1_1.jpg (2514x2339, 1.03M)

how we can get together cutie? c:

get out of my board homos

Attached: 1558610598429.png (888x894, 653K)

Can I use the 3.5mm out on a Fiio K3 to hook it up to active speakers via RCA to 3.5mm adapter or will this not work?

You are pure cancer

seething degenerate

It'll work, and be fine.... The 3.5mm is line out, so just make sure your active speakers are turned all the way down before you start playing or you might fuck up your speakers(and ears...)

Dude, its Jow Forums. Let the homos have fun with each other. and dont pretend you wouldnt be slamming cute boi bussy left and right if you were good looking enough to pull it off.

imagine not actually linking boipussy

Attached: D9gGm3-UcAAwVgI.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

Stax incels on suicide watch, lmao

> Burgerland
> IFI xDSD
> Sounds like IEMs.
> /comfy/
> Something similar sounding to er4xr
> mmcx ksc75, hd600. NICEhck dt600 IEM, er4xr IEM, ue900 IEM

Prefer to buy from bezosbazaar

here is a relic from 20th of August 2013

Attached: 1376954933777.png (3000x1600, 448K)

someone post the beats vs stax one again

You retards and the faggot himself didn't realized that I just reacted to how he posted a fucking frog and sticky mark? You retards are too new. Just cease to exist. Faggots and homos amd frogs and /tv/

>Plug 3.5mm y splitter into audio source
>One end goes to 2.1 speakers
>One end goes to headphones
>Output to speakers works
>output to headphones doesn't
Why is this? Is it because of the cable I'm using? could it be the source cannot output properly to those two signals so I can use my headphones conveniently?

Which is the bassiest open back headphones?

Fidelio X2

Easily the X2. plus they're dirty cheap now at 189
>tfw I paid 250 and thought I got a steal

How are they compared to hd599? I bet the sound on X2 is crap

>I bet the sound on the X2 is crap

Attached: senko confused and displeased.png (274x301, 16K)

Compared to hd599 of course

Sennfags mad at PHILIPS hahahah
Every. Fucking. Time.
I mean, we all know if you don't own Beyers or Philips you're basically a virgin, no need to make it clearer that you never fucked a girl before.

Attached: 1483997757654.gif (200x200, 1.52M)

No, it's an excellent pair of headphones with a very good bass response. Had become my daily driver over my 6xx, 9500s, m40x.

I could only find it in potato resolution

Attached: Capture.png (960x670, 438K)

What if I told you that I don't like overwhelmed bass? Do I look to you like I listen to nigger music?

>i'm a sennfag now
Your point being? not an argument. Also get laid, normalfag

Yes you do, considering that you're a baiting nigger.

"N-no you!"
>this level of counter-argumentation
lmao I'm dying here
>Do I look to you like I listen to nigger music?
Anything that isn't flat bass = headphones for listenning to nigger music
Lads, I think we found the missing link!

Attached: 1469504253765.jpg (262x263, 9K)

I was asking how it's comparable to hd599 and I betted if the sound of x2 are crap. You should've provided me with information instead I got fanboys defense mechanism. Just look at this imbecile

Nigger, you expect me to believe that you're being sincere?

Shaved my head and this is now the ultimate in comfy

Attached: unnamed6.jpg (3024x4032, 1.71M)

Compare a bassy open back to a non bassy open back. Listen to some songs where bass is needed like in electro, bass house, techno. To where is treble and mids needed in synwave, downtempo, newbeats, rock, acoustic music, etc. The real question is if X2 is nigger bass tier or not.

It's not, but you're trolling so I doubt it really matters what I have to say to you.

Attached: shrug (1).jpg (647x799, 92K)

Go fuck yourself

what are /hpg/ opinions on Shure in ear monitors?

The 841 or whatever used to be THE ultimate iem back in 2010. Back then it was westone vs shure

>/iemg

SHP9500's are GOAT.

I have SE425 and SE215