What do you faggots code in your freetime

I out of ideas of what to do.

Attached: Untitled.png (1600x900, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

random.moe
github.com/paradoxmoe/RandomMOE
stackoverflow.com/questions/35385609/random-chat-with-2-users-at-a-time-socket-io/35387759#35387759
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blockchain projects

like what

Ok here it is, it's like expedia, except it's only for hackers

bideo bames

I have a nice idea for a personal project, but I don't know if I should say it here. It might make me money someday.

I'm starting this weekend

is it something that doesn't exist yet? chances are, someone already did it

Make an excuse

I don't have free time

Hey, Sergey.

Back to your containment thread, pajeets:

I'm making a webcam recording program.

loli rape/breeding simulator
right now i'm playing with GANs to get less repetitive personalities than with grammars

Well, I haven't looked that much, but a semi-quick search did not return anything. Maybe this thing I'm wanting to do has a name but I didn't find out yet.

An excuse for what?

Writing shitty scripts to clean up Terminal servers that supposedly the terrible software that is Windows is supposed to do automatically.

>codemonkey out of ideas
man, that's tough. maybe hire an ideaguy, idk

I'm working on a modular, customizable voice chat bot with graph based audio and meme synthesizers like Yukkuri and BonziBuddy.

Attached: clip+(2019-06-26+at+20_08_59).png (1916x824, 166K)

Operating systems.

I like to do useless webscrapers

Attached: 8172454cefb3ee9c84a7972a8665107279872c32b0490df4af780e6f7c7176f4.jpg (500x720, 54K)

This looks intresting

Python?

Why not tell us? Consider the following:
>we have a lot of arcane knowledge about useless bullshit and one of us can certainly tell you if your idea has already been implemented
>ideas are completely and utterly irrelevant in the software industry. the only things that matter are execution and sales, and I'm not even sure about the first one
>this is Jow Forums. we can barely be arsed to get out of bed, much less take your idea and turn it into a business

>css and js

Well, you're right, that's no big deal. My idea is probably shit anyway, so here it goes:

You know how large software projects have a huges databases of issues/stories and commits that can be linked back to them? My idea is to do textual analysis on the issue or feature description so I can estimate the work needed (in lines of code) and which modules will be affected by the fix/implementation.
Of course the model has to be trained for every single project, but once I have it, I can use that information to estimate who are the best contributors to the job and how long it will take them to do it.
After that, one can think of a product that uses that information to allocate all programmers in a software shop to their optimal tickets, automating away great part of the manager's work.

If you could actually find a way to take issue descriptions and turn them into even vaguely reliable estimates, my head would a splode so hard they'd have to call FEMA in to pull people out of all the collapsed buildings.
This sounds like something you could spend forever researching with no good results, but I guess the world does have a massive corpus of publicly available code, commit logs and issues that you can test your insane idea on. Good luck.

Well, our estimates are already shit, can't get too much worse... But yeah, I'm not quitting my job just yet.

In the worst case, I'll just put it on my github to be impressive to recruiters.

I am writing a script that will play anime and and you can do all the selecting of anime from terminal,
after you are done it will play anime in mpv or vlc. so no need to open your browser and download torent just your terminal for hackerman feels.
I just want to impress my brother and neighbor who love anime

I know this is retarded for some reason, but why are the login credentials hard coded?

Actually pretty cool

maybe test credentials before implementing the login forms?

So you don't have to type them in a million times when you are debugging your code.

That checks out. I knew I was overlooking something rudimentary. Thanks anons.

Jow Forums Markov chain shit poster

simple system utilities on windows in MASM/FASM. I have to use windows for work and having little shortcuts can save time and making learning assembly fun

what is
what projects

malware

I completed my doujin organiser and now I am making a tic-tac-to game in java

>stories
>issues
>commits
you are a fake programmer

I coded a little {image;video;music;doc;misc}-board using composed tagging search so I could better make sense of my teras of shit.
Front ended up in react native, back end with bits in python, webservice in Java and MariaDB.
The development itself took me 3 months, and the tagging effort an annoying 1 year and half.
I use it daily and couldn't live without anymore

is it a personal image board?

Sure, whatever makes you sleep at night. My employer would disagree, though

Do programming exercises like Fizzbuzz.

no one is jealous of your 40k/yr computer job

Let's be fair here - most gainfully employed programmers are not worthy of the title.

yes.
I took inspiration in the booths format but the code is my own, for the better and worse

I work on an Omegle Clone, but more media focused.

random.moe

I'm gonna work on a twitch clone soon, too.

haha
so you make posts in your image board and talk to yourself or is it just to archive shit?

Sweet dude. Wish I could learn how to do what the hell you're doin'. Meanwhile I'm struggling in c++

>2backends
Sounds like a cool project though. Would you mind posting a screenshot so we can see what it looks like?

I can't bring myself to code in my free time.
I also don't like games anymore.
I just aimlessly browse the web and watch videos I don't care about until the clock tells me to go to bed to be ready for work tomorrow.
I hope it gets better.

boorus format*
sorry for the autocorrect

literally me

disillusionment / depression and it happens to everyone and it wont stop until you stop using computers or kill yourself

no, the program searches new files I dump in a specified number of folders and then asks me for tagging inputs for them.
They get indexed and then become searchable by tags.
There is obviously no forum or chat like feature

Help me.

You need to find a hobby you don't know you like yet. experiment with new things.

do you have any disposable income? are you from the US?

There's one thing I like: Pen and Paper RPGs. But my group only plays once per month.
The good news is that the rest of the month passes quickly since literally nothing happens.
There must be more to life...

Make yourself a family. No man's life can be complete without one

why not search steam for "Pen and Paper RPGs" games? or make a game yourself?

or just do

sure, I'll take one when I get home.

backends
in my defense this whole things started as a kind of sandbox that I wanted to use to learn more about patterns and solid but then it grew into something else halfway through

Eh, not that the title means much anymore. I guess I just fell for user's bait. It's not like I have anything to prove on a Tibetan weaving forum.
But I guess I get what he's saying. I've worked in a place that relied heavily in that kind of stuff and it was really mind-numbing.

I can share code if you are interested.
It's still heavily WiP. It doesn't even have text commands as I want to make system of scriptable hooks for events like text messages instead of hardcoding them. Also there is no simple option to disable modules for now so you have to provide discord bot keys, YouTube app keys etc or modify the code.

Attached: Diagram2.png (2589x1275, 328K)

can you share more details, sounds a great project and would love to do something similar, even if it's 1/100 of yours, just to practice

based

Just because someone already did it doesn't mean that people can't make tons of money. Both Facebook and Google created things that already existed.

Working on people tracking in python with IP cams for a museum.

It's actually not that difficult. I just learned shit piece by piece, borrow open-source shit from other places, and just keep building on that.

github.com/paradoxmoe/RandomMOE

The main jist of the code is here: stackoverflow.com/questions/35385609/random-chat-with-2-users-at-a-time-socket-io/35387759#35387759

Program for old shit.

I micro-optimize the crap out of my n-body simulator.

Make me a BYOB party planning app.
The host writes a list of brings and shares to guests
Guests check off what they're bringing
A glorified multiplayer to-do list
Make it and I'll give you a dollar in sales on android.
It's on my list to make myself but I'm busy with securing the existence of my people and a future for white children right now.

I work on an optimizer/code generator for my own programming language. If I get bored of that (very rarily) then I work on the toolchain that I'm writing in my language (very primitive and wip).