Tech Communities

What are the best and worst tech communities on the internet?

Attached: alignment.png (539x636, 106K)

Pretty much everything in that image is awful

>Jow Forums - Technology
>Chaotic evil

Attached: 1554561282454.png (796x597, 290K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190626-111959.png (1534x2048, 859K)

why is stack overflow and hackernews evil?

meritocracy

Evils is just the story you didnt hear

>woman poster
>twitter
best stay off that user, let them have their shit opinions

>why is stack overflow evil?
Pajeets

>Twitter
>Anything but Lawful Evil

Everyone not profusely pandering is evil

I think Jow Forums is actually less evil than reddit. Jow Forums is like a test, a zen master yelling in your face and smacking you in the quads with a stick, trying to break your composure. Yeah there are some mentally I'll degenerates laying on the floor, but they've been swept to the side to keep walkways clear.
Reddit is this orgy of self indulgence and bootlicking, obscene displays of peer worship. Crowds cheering on masturbation and fellatio everywhere. To anyone with an ounce of stoicism in them, it's clear which of these is really evil.
Facts.

because their poorly-phrased, poorly-researched question probably got downvoted and flagged for being a repeat, and feelings got hurt. They're also fairly strict on discussion being fact-based and not opinion-based

4kev.org
/thread

Who goes to twitter for advice. She must be retarded.

did michael unironically put an emoji of a man on his laptop next to his name?

Everything that doesnt aid productivity is chaotic, what kind of 'late stage capitalism' is this.

Stackoverflow is so because to every question, good or bad, you'll get an answer that works but has no usefulness outside the immediate.
Hackernews is so because the generic commenter there is as useless as on here with the mindset of someone from reddit, only lacking the malice that places Jow Forums in its spot.

Jow Forums is not a tech community

Attached: 1508258713340.jpg (1068x720, 88K)

you have to consider that retards on those platforms like being coddled
thats not to say i agree with your thoughts on Jow Forums, this place is just consumerism general where no one knows how to program and only like 10% of everyone has linux installed, only doing it for the desktop threads. everyone here's a quack

Why do people still consider Jow Forums some evil and regressive place, only Jow Forums, /b/ and /v/ are really bad when it comes to racism or bigotry. The rest of the website, even /a/, is relatively well moderated and has a well behaved community.

never seen 7 and 5 before

I've seen meanies on Jow Forums say the n-word and call other people mentally challenged.

You need to go back

Attached: 1561266194237.png (625x910, 511K)

neither is twitter

that's because there are plenty of niggers and mentally challenged people here.
Jow Forums is proud of it's diversity, and we will not listen to your plea to silence our celebration of it.
faggot.

travel around the world and you'll realize racism is normal.
filthy Niglet

wow rude
enjoy your ban

Nigger

everyone everywhere is a quack
any sizable community is mostly made up of posers, it's just how it works
the only way to keep a tight focus is to have very few people

nevermind i fixed it myself

False equivalency. Dogs were bred to be stupid for 15000 years. African Americans were bred for 350 years tops, and few of them are purebreds. There's little scientific support for racism, Zeke.

i would not go here for any advice.
This board is merely for shitposting and deriding other people's choice in tech.
Maybe i ask questions in the generals, after i researched them and want to hear if another solution is possible than the one i found, but that's it. But merely asking for info seems retarded.
No matter what you lived through, someone else did before and made a blog about it.
Using StackOverflow for stuff makes sense, as long as you just need to look up example code on how to use a certain function.
If it is more complex than that, find a library that does what you need or code it yourself. And if you are unable to do that, i would not see you as a capable programmer as that is literally the one thing all those years of learning were meant for.
Other than that, github is only useful for hosting your repo.
Why would i spent my time engaging in the community ?
Everyone of those people arguing about whether something is necessary or not, is not working on something. Those are exactly the people who call themselves engineers for everything they come in contact with. They are the human equivalent of writing an entire thesis of 60 pages in which you precisely say absolutely nothing, but just rephrase the question.

Attached: 1559295314088.jpg (800x486, 345K)

>comic never mentions breeding
Huh...

She claims it's because StackOverflow has a lot of guidelines and everyone is critical and rude.
It's actually because of all the C++ programmers who believe pointers are evil and everything prefixed with std:: is a gift from God himself.

"Hacker" "News" is just a joke at this point, I don't know if you can even call them evil.

Jow Forums is absolutely fucking terrible regarding consumer advice, they're wrong like 3/4 of the time

they're wrong all the time, because no one takes any of it serious. That was my point.
thing is, if you ask and endure the shitposting in e.g /pcgb/, you might get a different lead to follow.

Tech """Communites""" are just a thing because software engineering is very, very lonesome.
Everyone missing the "good old" irc communities is a faggot who won't use irc now because the communities are just as boring now as they were in the "good """old"""" times
The truth is this guy is right:
as sad as it is.

Except of course all the evidence that exists to support racism. Meanwhile, there is zero evidence to support racism being bad. We're just told to accept that it is, just like we're told to accept that diversity is good yet no one can produce solid evidence as to why that is

That implies there is an objectively right answer to a given consumer tech advice. I doubt that's the case in the vast majority of instances

Have another look, bud.
What evidence exactly? Observational studies? I'm not going to challenge that the African American community is responsible for 50% of American homicide. I'll challenge your claim that genetics is the cause of their overrepresentation.
Bad is subjective. Bad is a question for philosophers. Now, using racism as a tool for rational decisions is indeed ineffective, because there is little evidence that racism is anything more than primitive pattern recognition.

In dog terms the "breed" is basically the "race". It's a way to classify genetic differences within the same species

Neither breed nor race are scientifically verifiable classifications.

How is it ineffective? Racial profiling is completely logical in most cases when it comes to police work, for instance

Ethnic or cultural profiling may well be useful heuristics for social work such as policing, but there are no genetic conclusions that can reliably be made based on race.

Who is this even? Why should I care?

This is like giving a fuck about randos saying stupid shit in trade chat. At least banter about people who aren’t friendless dweebs

I have no idea, i haven't studied it at all. I'm just saying that there are definitely cases where racism makes sense but since the globalist programming says it's just bad, now the police has to spent a lot more time and resources to avoid being called racist by the media

>slashdot
>2019

Forgot to add that i do wonder though if any genuine research in this field is actually possible in this climate. I'd imagine anyone not reaching the politically acceptable conclusion would have a hard time having a career after that

But racism is less effective than other methods of profiling. Is a tatted up white trash dude less suspicious than a professional looking African American?
The culture, media, and state of education and science funding in burgerland is a much bigger can of worms than I can address. My original point was simply that racists favor unscientifically misattributing events to genetic causes because of their bias. The world would be a much better place if everyone received a better education in the scientific method and critical thinking.

>But racism is less effective than other methods of profiling. Is a tatted up white trash dude less suspicious than a professional looking African American?
That would depend on the crime and the area in which it was committed. But profiling is not as simplistic as that. The problem is, in current year, the police has to be extra careful not to do anything that could be construed as profiling, no matter how much it makes sense
> My original point was simply that racists favor unscientifically misattributing events to genetic causes because of their bias
I would say culture is a far bigger factor than genetics but then again, is evolution of cultures tied to genetics? Does anyone know conclusively? Are we even allowed to think about it?

>chaotic evil
I've always seen 4channel as more of a chaotic neutral. all for the lulz n' such. I guess Jow Forums kinda ruined that shit by being so easily triggered

Attached: 1548679830004.gif (500x255, 384K)

>you're rolling the dice on getting a troll answer in the best case
Then don't be retarded and lurk more. It's like these people never left middle school and are afraid of being bullied.

Indeed, that was of course an oversimplified example. Again, the absolute state of current year is a titanic mess. I think if people (any and all) were better educated in critical thinking a lot of stupid problems would fade away as people got better at solving problems and resisting dogma.
>I would say culture is a far bigger factor than genetics
Then you're leagues ahead of the average stormshitter and the author of that comic.
>is evolution of cultures tied to genetics?
I think it's safe to say we don't yet have the means to answer that question.
>Are we even allowed to think about it?
Allowance is a problem for regulators and the regulated. I wouldn't make it a problem for myself prematurely. Until you're being enforced (or at risk of becoming so), you're giving away your attention >rent free.

Meant
4u

>any Jow Forums board
>malice
We call you a glow in the dark nigger dick sucking faggot because we love you, user.

spoken like a true 13 year old

Shit, I didn't know I'm actually the minority of users here, I thought everyone used kde and debian like me.

Which one are the gay flag and the black cube logos?

Attached: images.jpg (299x169, 7K)

Ops i mean

>Twitter, a multi billion dollar company
>good

>Jow Forums, a free site for free people
>bad

Why do commies love to suck cooperate cock so eagerly? Jow Forums is the beating heart of the proletarian on the internet.

I think twitter is actually a more powerful hate machine than Jow Forums.

tranny

>chaotic evil
twitter
>chaotic stupid
Jow Forums
>chaotic good
linux kernel mailing list

>developer communities
>Jow Forums
where? /dpt/ it's always exactly the same: people recommending shit langs, language wars, etc. it sucks, and /wdg/ is very basic

>big company bad
>small thing good
Twitter is also free u dumbfuck nigger

>where? /dpt/ it's always exactly the same: people recommending shit langs, language wars, etc. it sucks, and /wdg/ is very basic
Hence why "chaotic evil" is the most appropriate alignment

>>chaotic good
>linux kernel mailing list

Attached: 1431560836559.gif (298x224, 2.85M)

Yeah when I first got here, that's how it was. Now that I've been here for quite some time, the tables have turned. Now it is my turn, to smack people in the face, and teach them.

Do you have a link to this? I want to see more comments