DNA testing and privacy

Is there a way to do a DNA test for your ancestors anonymously or by deleting your genetic data after seeing the results? I have to do it but I'm not confident that Google will still have my DNA in 40 years.

Attached: dna-tests.jpg (940x459, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/gsk-and-23andme-sign-agreement-to-leverage-genetic-insights-for-the-development-of-novel-medicines/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

1) It's not mandatory
2) Find a private geneticist who runs the test at his/her lab
3) Honestly at the rate of this shit going on, they already have one of your distant relative's DNA sample

i'm in France

Are you Jason Bourne or some other top secret superstar? What's so important about your DNA that you need to have records of it deleted?

How does that even change anything?

are u really so dumb?

answer the fucking question, bitch

p sure you should be able to invoke your right for erasure granted in GDPR article 17.

Best bet is to consult the privacy policy of the service you'd like to use

they destroy the data but not the physical sample

Get into genealogy or do as says

1. Find five homeless people.
2. Get five homeless people to split into five different sample tubes.
3. Pay for six different DNA tests including your own
4. Google won't know what the fuck is going on.

ty

Not that user but I want to own exclusive rights to my DNA and be
Compensated accordingly for any medical research. They can patent your DNA if you sign off on their TOS

yo are you retarded or something?

i did it 2 years ago,gave them a fake name and my neighbor's address

its not really hard to fool them

so patent it first, you brainlet

>hurr durr a fake name will fool 'em! A DNA test would be completely subverted!!!

what are ((they)) gonna do with a DNA sample associated with a fake name and no means to connect the DNA to me?

You can't patent DNA retard

Also this: gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/gsk-and-23andme-sign-agreement-to-leverage-genetic-insights-for-the-development-of-novel-medicines/

>father did it
>mother did it as well
>mfw my genes aren't safe

probably laugh at its poor structure

I don't know about other countries, but in the US there are basically no rules about what companies can or cannot do with your DNA data. They can store it indefinitely. They can (and do) sell it to whoever will buy it. In a few years your health insurance company will use it as a bullshit reason to jack up your rates.

They can locate your family tree from someone as distant as a second cousin.