The fuck are they talking about? Can someone clarify this article for me?

The fuck are they talking about? Can someone clarify this article for me?
1. How the fuck do advertisers know my browsing history ?
2. Why not feed them an empty browsing history ?

Attached: firefox_2019-06-27_01-56-20.png (521x351, 31K)

maybe not history as something you see in a sidebar but rather what Google/other ad companies see: i.e. every website with ads from Google also tracks you, that you have visited that page and sends it to google to profile you better. Now when you open 100 tabs it should influence your profile in google database. That's why you cannot feed empty history, you feed them not browser history but rather webpages enters.

Jow Forums can't figure out that by blocking ads you don't block scripts like analytics from tracking you.
Install ghostery and block all trackers.
They are fuckers though so go through their options and disable the reports.

Attached: MFW_Fed.png (796x934, 276K)

it's trying to block your true habits by flooding with fake activity, since it's increasingly hard to actually stay anonymous when there are so many tools to track you
>filled out google captcha to post this

They're copying brave now. Fire your boss for stupid reason, then desperately crawl through the dirt to imitate his new venture.

>Install ghostery and block all trackers
Picking the stupidest way of doing something smart. Jow Forums in a nutshell

How about just installing uBo and blocking all trackers with proper lists.

2019: people are still this retarded they can't figure out noscript, ublock origin, ghostery.. etc. there's no need for this function or for people to still be this retarded when tools already exist that do the same fucking job and without having to "pretend" with fake data. a waste of time, bandwidth and for people with an IQ so low that they could be outsmarted by wet sand.

there was a German language extension year ago that did the same thing, opening and closing ~5 chaff tabs in the background selected randomly from a big list of German sites to obfuscate your own interests and history.

doesnt actually work

No not just use noscript?

low-status people are basically the only ones who get a "safe room". because of that, i don't see them taking much interest in the shit that most people just take for granted like the ability to use the internet effectively

nowadays that only gets you so far. you're tracked in so many ways that you realistically can't stop it completely.

because mozilla killed it, mostly. one has to wonder why...

I'd like to see them go a step further and deliberately single out google analytics. They won't, of course, those hypocrites use it on their own site. But given that something like 70% of webpages run it and let Google spy on you in the process, it'd be nice if they deliberately set out to poison both Google's view of you, and websites view of you.

>mozilla killed it
still works for me

>because mozilla killed it, mostly
>mostly
jesus fucking christ, just shut the fuck up if you don't have any idea what you are talking about. fucking embarrassing.

I see you're a retard

>he saves browsing history
I bet you allow cookies and javascript by default and have disk caching enabled too...

Attached: 1544742782413.png (1213x910, 672K)

Why do people read this as if it's trying to be a replacemnt for ublock origin or umatrix? This is just another tool that's retard friendly because they are the ones that need the most help in not getting screwed by google. And helping them not get screwed helps everyone else. Having more privacy tools is a good thing. Who are these people who talk negatively about it?

and yet here you are either posting this using google recaptcha or logged into your account

seething mozilla fags
noscript is much more restricted than it used to be

see

Essentially this, it's far better to fill the results with garbage and leave no discernible pattern than to be tracked by triangulation of font, time code, and browser. It takes massive effort to reduce fingerprinting and even then you eventually trip up eventually

umatrix and ublock origin work better in firefox based browsers. And firefox has better built-in anti-fingerprinting.

see

Hey user, check this out