Heres your UI bro

>heres your UI bro

Attached: gnome_fig_1.png (800x596, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gnome.org/Apps/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GNOMETODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1531536827516.gif (500x491, 376K)

god i fucking hate gnome

Thanks bro, I'm gonna go be productive now, unlike those i3 autist over at gee. Cheers

Fuck off with spamming every other thread with that shitty pic. Grow up you fucking animetard nigger or just kys.

they thought my Jow Forums css looked like the tranny flag, and said I was a MtF in transition. So, i'm not really in the mood to give an opinion about other's interfaces, sorry.

Attached: g-interface.jpg (1660x912, 487K)

ahhahahahah what the fuck is this shit
kill yourself anomm

Yep, gnome still looks like shit, thanks for the reminder bro.

Stop appropriating memes.

I think it looks comfy. Like I'm in my office, looking down on my desk, it's 1 am and I have a single lamp with its warm incandescent bulb, and I'm burning the midnight oil trying to crack the case. That's when she walked in ...

use xfce. am i still banned?

...the case to end all cases.

Wow mate, you gotta take a chill pill

Thanks, i really love how polished and coherent it is!

What's the problem? Hit Meta, type in a few letters and hit return to start the program like everywhere else.

fpbp

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAM LUNIX LOOKS LIKE THIS????????

GNOME is unironically the GOAT UI
if only their compositor wasn't shit

>800x596
here's your vm bro

most comfy

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-27 09-53-32.png (1920x1080, 969K)

what are the 2nd and 3rd app icons on the left?

airvpn, thinkorswim

> Gnome
> Stock trading
> University
> Fedora

> "Doomer playlist"
You don't even know what it's like to lose hope yet

its just a nice compilation of piano songs

IT department? Can we install Windows or KDE at least?

I tried using it on a touch based laptop and the experience is utterly disastrous. Can't control the buggy virtual keyboard, random apps didn't even recognise taps/touches, default file manager being way too barebones etc
It's only good with keyboard shortcuts, which isn't helped when the devs randomly removes features or APIs for its javascript extensions kek

The problem with desktop Linux is it's mostly a side project for companies working on servers. Until someone, or group of companies decide there is money to be made by improving the Linux desktop it'll just be stuck in the state of "decent, but not quite good enough"

Windows

Just skimmed the Gnome 2018 report, and their expenditure is in the ballpark of 300k, you can't even get 2 proper developers for that much. No wonder Gnome is so broken. Redhat need to pour some of that 34 billion into Gnome and Fedora projects.

low res NEETs should be gassed

It honestly isn't that bad.

Attached: Zrzut ekranu z 2019-06-27 18-10-42.png (1920x1200, 1.61M)

I thought that was KDE's old abandoned netbook interface for a second. Those icons are right out of the mid-late 00s.

Why does redhat want to pour money when freetards work for free for them?

As far as linux desktop environments go, I like gnome the best since it doesn't give you any false hope of it being as good as windows.

Because despite the philosophy open source projects only really kick into gear when they have full time paid staff.

Lmao kys tranny

>kys tranny
well, statistically they don't need encouragement to do that

>using satania on anything but aplel

Attached: f241d2d7f17c6020190c28344416701bb3b3680b8e55683ec44a458e3ce7ab6b.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

KeK

computers should display windows and get out of the way, not be a ricing manchild lego game

best desktop environment for a lot of windows

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-27 11-36-02.png (1600x900, 1.39M)

Cursed theme

Upstream GNOME is actually quite good.

Improper use

Thanks, that's nice.
I used to shitpost about it, but I like the foot now.
Pic related is another type of foot that I also like.
>Using dash-to-dock
ISHYGDDT.
Agreed.

Attached: crochet-ivory-barefoot-sandals-nude-shoes-foot-jewelry-wedding-victorian-lace-sexy-yoga-anklet-belly (570x858, 94K)

Footfags get the rope, but I respect your preference for the natural digitigrade pose.

your post didn't go through user, looks like you're still banned.

>doomer playlist
>i'm also depressed doomer wojak is just like me take the blackpill durr

I guess it's the macfag in me, but i do prefer the desktop switcher being on the top of the screen. Also i think the dynamic fullscreen plugin should be part of the default configuration (with some enhancements), and while we're at it throw in an option to open an app in a fresh workspace when you right click on it.

>I guess it's the macfag in me, but i do prefer the desktop switcher being on the top of the screen
most people use it like that even with their custom ricer panels and setups, just check the desktop threads.

I genuinely like it.
Way better than some "start" menu or placing dozens of shortcuts on your desktop.

What OS or DE isn't utter shit with a touch based laptop?
The whole concept of using a touch screen when you also have a mouse and keyboard is retarded.

They are trying to kill Gnome and KDE and everything, soon Redhat slash IBM will announce that they've teamed up with Microsoft to bring you Microsoft Windows Red Hat Linux, which runs all your Windows apps, is dual-licensed and effectively non-free, and industry will convert in droves.

It'll be 64-bit only just like the Linux kernel.

that would be i3, which has instantaneous response and switching

Seriously fuck GNOME big time

>no fucking taskbar
>15fps animations

can I replace that shit on my fedora workstation 30? How? I want something windows-like

You must put an end to this.

Thanks, bro

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-27 16-41-42.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Stole the words right out from my mind, holy shit.

>can I replace that shit on my fedora workstation 30? How? I want something windows-like
dnf group list
Under "Available Environment Groups" you can see the available DEs. Try "Xfce Desktop" or "Cinnamon Desktop" for starters.
You can install a group with either of the following commands
sudo dnf group install
sudo dnf install @

And finally to remove GNOME
sudo dnf remove @gnome-desktop
Be absolutely sure that this command doesn't remove any packages you might still need/want. Otherwise exclude them with -x package[,package,...].

*makes your windows diminutive and forces you to waste mental cycles in arranging them*
sounds like something an incel would do to himseff
>>Using dash-to-dock
>ISHYGDDT.
based, dash to dock users are mactoddlers in disguise, the point of gnome is not having shit in front of your windows

It's my meme, I can use it any way I like. I just happen find GNOME as shit as Applel.

Gnome/Wayland with icon unironically rocks on a tablet.

>we want the tablet audience

If I wanted my UI to look like Gnome I'd set the icon size to "I have the Blind Disease" and then press CNTRL+ALT+SHIFT+NumPad_6

>open source project is as shit as a company
imagine being mad at a fucking computer program, dude like uninstall it, format your PC.
Like close your eyes lol, it's just a bunch of electrical signals lol, close your computer lid lol

Attached: do you enjoy living like that always mad.png (1366x768, 629K)

For all anons using Gnome, I wrote a little command to remove some the pre-installed bloat:

sudo apt remove gnome-characters gnome-chess gnome-dictionary gnome-games gnome-klotski gnome-online-miners gnome-robots gnome-screenshot gnome-sound-recorder gnome-sudoku gnome-sushi gnome-taquin gnome-terminal* gnome-tetravex gnome-todo gnome-weather gnome-mahjongg gnome-maps gnome-music gnome-nibbles gnome-mines gnome-video-effects firefox rhythmbox empathy vinagre gedit evince hitori sudoku mines gbrainy lightsoff shotwell eog gthumb tilix tasque seahorse

It could be that some of the stuff might not be installed in your version of Gnome, just try. This should work fine on Gnome 3.30.2 with Debian 10/buster.

wiki.gnome.org/Apps/

>best desktop environment for a lot of windows
Wut, it becomes fucking terrible once you have tons of shit open.

how is xfce or any piece of shit window manager better? here I can have a ton of windows maximized and is easy as fuck to go to the application I want by just typing or looking through the overview.
And workspaces are not limited, they get deleted automatically when one gets emptied so there's no wasted time scrolling through the empty ones when you're done with something

lmao kys

it's the suckless flag, but kill yourself mutilated disgusting creep

If they will force shit like Wayland, I'm fucking buying (yes, buying) Windows.
I had bought couple licenses in past. Windows XP home and Vista I think. Maybe Office.
Vista was badass, btw, I have no idea why it is considered shit OS? Literally just werked for 5 years.

Attached: 199.png (1005x120, 20K)

>force shit like wayland
>force
you realize it's just the default option and xorg is installed? just like on any fucking distribution?
default is wayland on any distribution for gnome

it was considered a shit os because of the graphical bloat

gnome-games gets rid of all games, all other shit is mostly useful to have and isn't preinstalled if you didn't use a shitty distro like debian

or if you did a net install and just installed gnome-shell.
like someone who would get pissed autistically and start deleting shit for disk space

It's literally a touchscreen interface.

I remember people shitting about stability.
I had Vista Home Basic (oh man, those editions) SP1, and it ran perfectly fine on single core Celeron M @ 2.0 GHz, but with 2 GB of RAM. I think performance in games was better, than on XP.
I wanted to say, that (((foot))) tries to ruin everything. First, I have no idea how it is still a standard DE (de-facto). Second, they try to ruin everything for everyone else, like client-side decorations and GTK3 in general.
Wayland will make my PC unusable, thanks to libinput, which doesn't allow to tune fucking touchpad. I have no fucking intention reading macaroni code of this shit, trying to make it work on my machine. With x.org, I can use deprecated xf86-synaptics no problem.
If wayland becomes the standard (and everything else becomes abandoned) - I'm buying pajeetware, since you can adjust shit it in Windows so touchpad works fine.

>No icons on desktop
>I-i-it's le touchscreen