Friendly reminder you don't need pink neon to live in a dystopian cyberpunk reality

Friendly reminder you don't need pink neon to live in a dystopian cyberpunk reality.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-27-12-29-07.png (1080x1920, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/ebooks.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=SAp0xO-LwFs
medium.com/@angeldan1989/calibre-drm-removal-plugins-2019-remove-ebook-drm-with-calibre-4ec9c07cae80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only retards use ebooks anyway. Holding a book, turning the pages and breathing in its musk whilst stroking your cock softly is part of the reading experience.

>download ebook
Get fucked (((DRM-tards)))!

>ebook
>book
pick one faggo journo

Sorry but I buy my ebooks on torrent trackers.

this, combined with siloization of the streaming services, means pirates win again. Imagine being able to turn on your TV in 10 years and have access to the same media as you do right now

I agree with this, physically holding a book and reading it is far more enjoyable and relaxing to me than reading from a screen

Library Genesis

>Let me just bring 12 books on this plane

what books are you reading if you can read 12 of them on one plane trip?

>I can or will read 12 books during a plane journey
Stick to one thing, you ADHD zoomer retard.

A flight is max 16-20 hours, don’t read children’s novels and you’ll be fine

Comics aren't books

This is why I purchase only DRM-free books.

What if I start a book and don't like it?
I can't stop the plane and go back

Also my 7.8" e-reader can display manga wonderfully

>This is why I purchase only DRM-free books.

>Purchase

Mangas arent books

yep I was correct in assuming you're retard

>weeb is retarded

Colour me surprised

PIRATECHADS WIN AGAIN!

BASED

How so? Even 3 books becomes cumbersome with paper

The manga thing is an extra

>PIRATECHADS WIN AGAIN!
You still need a cuck to buy them and someone to develop DRM cracks

One day this could stop

something wrong with purchasing books?

>paying for ebooks

Attached: cqkdxuuatgr21.jpg (700x700, 209K)

Yes, you're giving away money that you could have kept for yourself

Because you're reading dogshit books and comics instead of picking up a comfy classic that you're interested in

Take In Search Of Lost Time on your next plane trip

stallman.org/ebooks.pdf

This is why you always pirate when possible. It's simply a better product for a lower cost

>DRM
you were warned

While book> anything
Eink tablets are pretty good.
Just use pdf

How else can I support DRM-free books?

I bet that faggot defended DRM before.

>this fucking faggot

That's long enough to read 2-3 light novels. Considering I'd need to fly back sometime I'd need to take 6 volumes with me just for the flying part and it would leave me with nothing to read wherever I'm going. I'll take the ebooks thank you.

While on the subject, Jow Forums approved readers?

They get refunds, so pretty much got to rent books for free. And you can use that money to buy books from a real company.

>While on the subject, Jow Forums approved readers?
Likebook Mars

I'm waiting on mine
Don't buy Kobo, the screen randomly breaks
Kindles are good if you pirate+calibre

>weebshit
Based retard

Bump for Calibre

>You still need a cuck to buy them and someone to develop DRM cracks
>One day this could stop
You'd be surprised how autistic some people can be where they literally get a rise out of doing exactly this. Same thing as people who love leaking movies and cracking video games. As long as there are DRM'd books, there will be people with nothing better to do than strip said DRM and upload the unencumbered text.

Attached: Screenshot_20190627-114402_Samsung Internet.jpg (1600x2560, 804K)

my pirated books don't have this problem

In his eternal quest to fill the jewish pockets the goy had defeated himself once again.

Attached: indeks.jpg (230x219, 6K)

>where do you work out
>at the sky brary

Attached: mw2.jpg (567x437, 142K)

>While on the subject, Jow Forums approved readers?
Admittedly unorthodox but I use a Galaxy Tab S5e for ebook reading. Glorious 2560x1600 AMOLED screen with perfect blacks. The thing is sized right, thin, and light as a feather too.

Attached: galaxy-tab-s5e.jpg (782x440, 87K)

>Eink tablets are pretty good.
Too slow. I had sony ereader(psr2 or something), got annoying in the end and gave it to my dad.

>comic books
>comic
>books
>not books
I'm a /lit/fag but you're a pretentious fucktard if you take up the age old pearl clutching line about how it will rot your brain or some stupid shit. If I wanna read some comfy Japanese mangos in my spare time, it won't in any way detract from my overall literary capacity. I grew up around you niggers and I still hate you. Go shove James Joyce's cock up your ass you ass breathing faggot.

Attached: 1559744958165.png (376x401, 46K)

Everyone has their own issue with things huh.

Use torrents and have sex

Without neon it's just a dystopia

Use P2P and go to Church.

listen to
I use an old phone with AMOLED. You can actually flip through pages of a textbook fast enough compared to a shit low refresh screen. AMOLED gets darker at night too. Unless you have no life and read in the sun (lol) don't bother.

This, no pity for consumercucks
youtube.com/watch?v=SAp0xO-LwFs

the iPad mini.

You might not read them all during the flight but during the whole trip it's not unreasonable. I went to Japan for three weeks for work a few years ago and finished the whole Dune series before it was even time to fly back, and I wouldn't have wanted to drag the whole set of real books with me.

What will never stop are the printers, so you can always get scans if anything else fails.

Goddamn I was set to buy one of these for pretty much the same purpose (reading) but the lack of a headphone jack made me not

Admittedly the lack of a headphone jack is a bummer but in fairness, the thing is super thin, thinnest tablet I've ever used, and I can see how fitting one in would have been pretty hard. At least an adapter is included in the box which I can say I have used and it still sounds great with my SPH9000's. Another thing to note is the tablet has 4 speakers, two on each end. The stereo separation is quite noticeable and the speakers are loud as hell.

>I can see how fitting one in would have been pretty hard
hows the apple cock feel?

Attached: igay-thick.jpg (189x229, 19K)

Internet Archive ftw. Classics and pulp aplenty.

Lol yeah. The funny thing is I have a iphone 6S and a 2017 ipad both of which have headphone jacks. Only my Android tablet lacks one so let an user cope here.

Still bugs me they have speakers but no jack
the tab s2 was only .1 mm thicker and it included it
Maybe the tab s5 not e will be less retarded
Even a 2.5mm trrs would have been better than nothing

You must be a right boring wanker if you spent three weeks in Japan and found time to read books. Have sex (a few years ago).

go to church (a few years ago)

Well in all fairness my tablet which I rarely use except for reading medical textbooks is a Tab S 8.4 but it is all choppy nowadays and battery drains fast. How's the S5e?

There is nothing better than reading a good book at a place with an amazing view. Something tells me that you are a hedonistic imbecile.

kek

>Well in all fairness my tablet which I rarely use except for reading medical textbooks is a Tab S 8.4 but it is all choppy nowadays and battery drains fast. How's the S5e?
I'm typing on it right now. The thing is fantastic, way exceeding my expectations. And I've had it a few months so the honeymoon is over.
Some highlights, it's very fast and smooth, no lag to speak of. The screen is the best I've ever seen. AMOLED and edge to edge like an iPad Pro. The thing is basically all screen. Very thin, light. I'd say it's thinner than most phones and I'd be surprised if it wasn't the thinnest tablet on the market which is great for reading since you're holding it for hours.
There is a model with 6GB of RAM but I got the 4GB version and I have no problems with running out when multitasking.
It runs games and emulators perfectly and never gets hot. The battery life is well over 10 hours of screen on time. It has the Samsung DEX thing and you can run Ubuntu inside of that for a legit Linux desktop if that's your thing.
At this point, if I were you, I might hold out and see what the Galaxy Tab S5 brings to the table but as it stands right now, this is the best Android tablet on the current market bar none and I highly recommend it.

>actually spending money on books with DRM

>Richard Stallman
>.pdf

Wat

>why yes I am a boomer who's unable to cope with technology, how could you tell?

By pirating only books with DRM

I have to ask, are Electronic reader (don't know how to call them) like Kindle a meme? Whats the diference compared to a normal tablet? Is It worth it?

Attached: 1555109367355.jpg (1101x1518, 444K)

Samefag here, I just Googled it. This Kindles are just cheap tablets with long battery time.

They also have a different kind of screen (not an LCD or OLED) that doesn't burn your retina

E-ink displays look nothing like a traditional display. It's really quite similar to looking at paper in a visual sense. There's no backlight or indeed any emissive light output. The e-readers with lights are front-lit.

>pirate those books
Problem solved. Anyone who says it's "immorral" is a top moron.

Can't they just remove all DRMs before closing shop? Literally what is the problem here?

>DRM
Here's your problem. I have a whole library (a small one, less than 10K books) on my $10 reader and all of it will work as long as there is electricity.

>actually spending money on books

>dystopian cyberpunk reality.
we are in one, with corporations ruling everything and affecting politics in every country
while human rights online are non-existent despite huge part of our lifes being in the digital/online

Typical for our times. Instead of just taking one good book which you always wanted to read just buy this unnecessary, overpriced, fastly breaking gadget for only 200 US-Shekels.

Good goyim, e-books are sooo comfortable, have always everything with you *rubs hands*

>one good book which you always wanted to read cost you $25
>one e-ink reader cost you $50 and an infinity of good books which you always wanted to read cost you $0
Add to it $10 solar charger and you have an infinity of free energy to keep it running. And adding more money to device/charger will give you better everything, which is nothing compared to how much printed books cost and weight.

>not removing the DRM from everything

The point is that people nowadays can't get stuffed. It's necessary to have always at any times everything at your disposal while never reading all of those books anyway.

Also the books I buy cost me 1 cent at amazon

Friendly reminder that yoi can remove DRM in many ways, like:
medium.com/@angeldan1989/calibre-drm-removal-plugins-2019-remove-ebook-drm-with-calibre-4ec9c07cae80

Pro tip: church girls aren't as innocent as they seem.

you don't get to worry about rights when there are victimized minorities struggling in society as we speak who haven't had the advantages you've had in life

Attached: 1519450555977.jpg (526x455, 102K)

Blessed be that post.

the tyranny of convenience is a very real thing and just because you can use technology in a ted kazynski-approved fashion doesn't mean that most people have the desire or technical knowhow to actually do something like that and are entirely beholden to the ecosystem that they are herded into

Aristotle's compiled works sure are plane material.

Some e-ink readers have backlight too.

Fastly breaking? I hope you mean regular shitty tablets. One of the reasons e-readers are dying is because they never break and have an incredibly hard time suffering wear and tear or even battery life issues. People just don't need to hug a new one ever. I have a kobo that's going on 8 years now, it's as good as new and I have not been gentle with it.

Name some. I don't know of any that are backlit, or even whether backlit e-ink displays are possible (as it would seem to defeat the entire purpose of the technology). Every high end e-reader that I know of like the Paperwhite or Boox Note Pro is frontlit.

Don't forget about the penis rubbing part, user

Publishers will rape them if they do that.
Also, knowing Microsoft, they will probably release the service with a new brand within a year. If they remove the DRM people won't buy the books again to be on the new service.

Not a problem if you only buy ebooks in files you are able to save offline

I still just use my old nexus 10

>DRM e-books
If you bought a model that is like this you've only got yourself to blame. No pity for you.