/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>i3 8350k - Recommended minimum gaming
>i5 8400U/9600k - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing
>i9 7980XE - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>Always avoid AMD if gaming
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1561233860262.png (914x678, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/0e6fh
pcpartpicker.com/list/dgjmbX
pcpartpicker.com/list/7gHN3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/hhLDBb
pcpartpicker.com/product/H43H99/asus-prime-z370-a-ii-atx-lga1151-motherboard-prime-z370-a-ii
pcpartpicker.com/product/rXCrxr/msi-z370-gaming-plus-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z370-gaming-plus
pcpartpicker.com/list/B49WxG
pcpartpicker.com/list/NWm8nH
thermaltake.com/core-wp200.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rate my Svenn build

The prices are in Norwegian Koronas, so divide by about 9 for USD

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 18.03.37.png (466x1194, 158K)

Asking if posible to R8 this build.

Mainly will use gaming, as well CFD Simulations and some video editing and rendering.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($136.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($39.99 @ Adorama)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($39.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Gigabyte - 256 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS OC Video Card ($329.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1011.61

You aren't inclined to wait for Ryzen 3700x and 2060 Super?

Hello guys, im currently upgrading from fx-6100 and gtx 650 ti. Yes I know it's sad. I just got a deal to buy 1070 ti for 210 euros but there is no warranty and I'm unsure if it was mined with. I most probably go meet the seller and test it out though. Is it worth it right now or should I wait for the other cards to come out?

>Pro AMD image
>Anti AMD comment
What did he mean by this?

>video unavailable

Is this a joke that got deleted or do people already have 5700s for review?

Attached: wat.jpg (604x146, 19K)

I don't take sides

Should I upgrade from a 7700K?

Attached: confused loli.jpg (754x721, 63K)

no

bruh moment

Attached: bruh moment.jpg (1200x922, 80K)

So the same one with a Ryzen 3700x will do?
Are the benchmarks out yet?

>Is it worth it right now or should I wait for the other cards to come out?
It's worth it but check thoroughly. Also, it's going to be bottlenecked by your CPU.

>Should I upgrade from a 7700K?
No in 99% of cases. Unless your doing rendering and it running parallel VMs, you're not going to notice any difference.

Yea I know about the cpu. Im waiting for zen 2

[Embed
YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

Didn't Intel cuck me though?

Dude you can spend about the same money for a much better processor if you just chill for 2 weeks.

Is RAM speed important for gayming?
I have a cheap ADATA dual channel 2400 mhz 16 gb DDR4/

They always do

So, Logical Increments has gone from a Jow Forums info graphic, to a website, to a website that has been sold to advertisers.

So what’s the new Jow Forums approved alternative?

is this good for gamin? (2060 will be the super version)

Attached: Untitled.png (1082x574, 49K)

gimme
put it on streamable or mega

Read the OP. Post your questions

If you aren't interested in bargain hunting for cheaper 2700x and 2060, and would prefer to have the most up to date model in that product price bracket, both are getting updated replacements in July.
Most (?) 470 motherboards will be compatible with the Ryzen 3700X, but they are also launching the X570 boards with it.
Other than that I don't see anything wrong with your build although 256GB of storage doesn't seem like much at all.
And while I can't speak for American dollars and shopping, but Amazon.com lists 2x8GB of faster (3200mhz) RAM for the same price. I've also seen SSDs of the same size as yours sell for 30 eurobucks.

Benchmarks for 3700x aren't out yet but they promise to be quite impressive. 2060 super is probably going to be a mild improvement, but it's an improvement.

>Gaming
>$1000 USD
>4k@30FPS/1080p@60FPS
>fucking xbone x can do RDR2@4k/30fps for $500

Can anyone rate this build please? Perhaps recommend improvements/changes?

Attached: New PC Build 2019.png (1512x903, 109K)

TEN DAYS
E
N

D
A
Y
S

streamable.com/0e6fh

replace 2700 w/ 3600 (or 3700)
AIO's are a meme, get a good air cooler instead

thnaks

can you recommend any good air coolers than the one i have there please?

Bequiet Dark Rock 4 or Pro 4
then the usual Noctua stuff

but if you are running a 3600/3700 and dont OC it to the limit even the more generic single tower coolers will do just fine

> zen+ when zen2 is days away
> overpriced rgb garbo ram
> overpriced rgb garbo case
> willing to pay 1300€ in a GPU
> meh SSD when you have that budget
> overpriced HDD

Is this bait?

pcpartpicker.com/list/dgjmbX

Since there is no room, I had the genius idea to use a riser cable and mount my capture card on the outer vertical slot. However the capture card may contact the HB bridge and/or the heat pipes. Is there something I can use to prevent contact?

Attached: tmp_22498-IMG_20190613_044441_01745419393399350288.jpg (1440x2560, 615K)

just some black electricians tape shud be fine

Attached: 317nI8dslPL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 9K)

Buy a streaming PC to make that capture card useful.

Wait ten days for Ryzen 3000 (and X570 if you're buying new/full price).
There won't be a 2080 ti super so you're all clear there.
Consider C14 Ram. I'm designing a similar system to you but can't judge the price value.
Guy in the previous thread said C14 was an important improvement over C16, and that 16GB was enough for gaming with multitasking.
Benchmarks I've glanced at since have suggested it is, but it's basically twice the cost per gigabyte, and might be particularly pointless for Ryzen 3, which is said to be better with RAM than its predecessors. I would wait for the release date and research more RAM.

I was wondering what and where to get those plastic cardstock they use on electric power sources so I can cut a back shield for the capture card was one idea. I don't know what those are called and where to find them.

This is my capture PC, not streaming PC.

>intel
>streaming
kek

you can just use a piece of cardboard to cover the pins on the SLI bridge and you are good to go
or use tape like said

That'a what I meant, why do you need SLI to capture? Are these 780?

kinda shit, overspending on led meme

Is it worth it getting cheapest used a320m board to be used with ryzen 3600? I just want a rendering pc (blender internal).
Money is kinda tight, if I can save $50 I will. I think I will run it only on stock.
Also what's the best (cheapest) gpu without external power?

Attached: 1498991265680.png (1480x1103, 1.82M)

Go intel with that budget if gaming, otherwise wait for new ryzen
Get nvmeme instead, wd blue are mediocre ssds

>should I upgrade from my 4c8t CPU
yes

Gaming PC
Thoughts?
>pcpartpicker.com/list/7gHN3b

>a320m
>ryzen 3600

No company is allowing this pairing to happen. Maybe Asrock, because they're crazy when it comes to this.

t. has a LGA775 board that has a daisychained PCI Slot to AGP.

Not a pro with intel mobos but this seems overkill especially since you won't be overclocking and will need another mobo if you change generation.

>blender
Sure if you want the VRM to explode within 5 minutes that's a great way to do it.

I want the best 1080p60 experience, need ShadowPlay/OBS, upscaling videos to 4K with madvr/mpv on some occasions, and original Vive VR games (mostly consists of small unity based games but I still deal with frame drops, also only really play once a month)

I've narrowed it down to RTX 2060, but then I learned about 2060 Super and its "leaked" specs, then also considering the RTX 2070 itself if it price drops.

Yes I'll wait til next week to actually see what I should do but right now based of expectations what would be the best?

You have a ultra high-end Motherboard on a budget build, scale that shit down or the rest of it up

Forgot to mention previous card is GTX 970 3.5 meme card

I've used AMD since 286 to 64x2, but they've fallen out of favor for the last decade and a half.

It is not just the bridge, it is possibly the bottom heat pipes as well. I am not confident they tape would continually be adhesive with all the ambient heat and heat from the components. I am afraid it would fall off on the vertical mount position.

I went with 980 because they were the last with DVI-I.

I see, a320m might be too much gamble. I guess I will go with cheapest b450.

Could it be because I’m looking for a MOBO with wireless capabilities? What exactly is making the MOBO high-end compared to others?

get a used B450 instead, no 320s do ryzen 3000

Why not one without and get a cheapo wireless PCIe card that could last you several mobos.

>$239
>ultra high end
bruh
though it is overkill for this cpu

If you purchase a X470 board, how can you update it to work with 3rd gen Ryzen before asembling the PC?

Some manufacturers like Asus have solved this issue with having the ability to flash the bios straight from the bios screen itself.

Get someone to flash it or buy a 200ge from amazon then return for refund once you're done. Only way to use a fresh X470 board for the foreseeable future.

Only on the crosshair.

How’s this? I looked up the wireless adapter and it’s $40
>pcpartpicker.com/list/hhLDBb

that 5700xt is aesthetic tbqh
I like the blower and dent

>$1500 for a GPU
retard

I like the 225w tdp on 7nm chip.

pcpartpicker.com/product/H43H99/asus-prime-z370-a-ii-atx-lga1151-motherboard-prime-z370-a-ii
Or
pcpartpicker.com/product/rXCrxr/msi-z370-gaming-plus-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z370-gaming-plus

For that CPU. If that Z390 mobo is that cheap it must be sketchy. But then again i am no intelman.

Most reliable HDDs?

WD red, black too but overpriced.
Toshiba N300.
The red and N300 are NAS oriented. The black is better if you plan on only getting one.

>they dont mention the power consumption of the memory, only the core chip itself
Lol amd going shady marketing tactics on us.

>HDDs in 2019
kek

RTX 2060 or something else?

I dare you to use a SATA SSD on a Survailance camera.

RX 5700

current pc: pcpartpicker.com/list/B49WxG
planned upgrade: pcpartpicker.com/list/NWm8nH

the upgrade is pretty much directly stolen from logicalincrements, am i being retarded anywhere?

What's the absolute minimum you have to assemble? Just the mobo + cpu + power supply?

EVGA XC Ultra GAMING specifically

860 EVO

Ram + boot drive + psu + case

>evga
lmao

Id say wait a month, see what gpus are on offer, and actual reviews from people.

+ RAM + flash drive with bios on it

Attached: hard-drive-annual-failure-rate-backblaze-june-20141.jpg (532x717, 62K)

boot drive with the update I pressume

do you need to mount the heat sink + cooler as well just to update the mobo?

Not him, but what is wrong with EVGA? From my understanding they have always had very good and reliable cards

is 3200 ram fine for the 3700x?

It's not optimal. 3733c17 can be had very cheap right now.

its two main competitors have yet to release
wait

>avoid AMD if gaming
intel shills out in force

They have good and reliable RMA service for their shitty overheating cards lmao.

3200 is good enough, you gain only 2ns from 3733 ram.

anyway old thread dead so im asking again, hoping some enthusiast will give me proper advice

im looking for a case that can hold 4 480mm rads, last thread user said i should take the thermaltake core wp200. is it good? or a rattlecage? how is the quality compared to a corsair case? i have the 900d currently its kinda poor made.

thermaltake.com/core-wp200.html

where can i make my own case and someone with a CNC machine will make it? is there an online tool to make this?

Attached: will it fit in the 1000D question mark.png (1013x990, 588K)

What are your opinions on latency? C14,15,or 16 for Ryzen, particularly in relation to the 3900x?

The lower the better but it's not a big difference.

Currently have a shitty 10 year old foxconn cpu, i7 2600 and a GTX 970.

This is my first time building a PC from scratch, my build probably looks like trash.

Any advice?

>inb4 wait meme

Attached: Rig.jpg (1239x712, 149K)

The picture is a meme, i e not meant to he taken serious, while th3 text is factual, i e meant to be taken seriously.

Get a better PSU.

Well I can get C16 or I can get C14 for twice the price.
Also what do you think about 32gb versus 16gb?
And how will DDR4 cards stack up when DDR5 comes out? Lower latency DDR4 isn't worth its price tag given the fact it'll inevitably be knocked off its perch by DDR5, right?

>tfw still have my 2500K
>still see no reason for an upgrade

C14 is not worth it considering the price tag on it. Just stick of C16, you will be just fine. If you just play games 16gb is the sweet spot.