I want you to show me the lowest specc'd machine you've ever used to shitpost on Jow Forums...

I want you to show me the lowest specc'd machine you've ever used to shitpost on Jow Forums. The shittiest machine i've ever used posted with, is a 500 MHz iBook G3, but it is so unbearably slow, that I've taken the easy way out, and decided to use an 800 MHz model today.

Attached: Picture 1.jpg (1021x746, 193K)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1544026276278.gif (500x491, 376K)

bases loaded

Thought provoking, original, stunning and brave.

this was intentional though....
Ive used the first PC I ever had to shitpost on Jow Forums after reviving it. It was a Slot 1 Pentium 2 at 200Mhz with a Riva TNT, 64MB SDRAM at 100MHz. Running Windows 98SE.

Today it runs a 1.1Ghz Coppermine with 768MB at 133Mhz and Windows XP Black Edition. Super low ram usage, just 130MB idle with all the unsupported MS shit stripped out. They even added tab preview thumbnails.

Attached: thesehandswillbeatyouup.png (279x120, 53K)

Attached: +_175af4f834350899bdc73309465274e3.jpg (1000x750, 182K)

I used this for a few months when my desktop's HDD died, it was actually pretty snappy with Windows XP.
I think the greatest shame of modern technology is that although it's used essentially for the same things as back in 2003, things have become so bloated that even with hundreds of times the processing speed, things have become slower.

Attached: old_hp_laptop_1435993160_0e46ce2d.jpg (640x640, 45K)

Windows XP BE is great. The guy behind it actually still does monthly releases, but he's renamed it "Integral Edition", so it doesn't sound so shady.

Using NoScript to block all of the garbage JS that is non essential to a websites functionality, can help to mitigate a lot of slowdown, when using an older machine on the web. If I absolutely had to, I could get by with this pitiful old iBook for my day to day tasks.

>shady
You mean Jamalish?

>things have become so bloated that even with hundreds of times the processing speed, things have become slower
Yeah, if you stuck with Microsoft's bullshit after XP.
I sure as shit didn't.

This problem is observed when trying to browse the internet with old single core machines, regardless of OS. You need a fairly decent amount of processing power to chew through all of the JS on modern websites.

Frankly, I would never use a single core or 32bit machine for anything related to the modern web on any regular basis, JS or not.

Ever?
I shitposted from a P2 400MHz 128MB RAM trashbox back in 2008. That being said back then there was no captcha, no html5, no Jow Forums userscripts and I wasn't adblocking.

I posted with an old kindle keyboard over the free internet it came with. That was years ago and before captcha though.

Take me back bros

I shitposted from a shitty compaq tablet with a transmeta crusoe that did x86 emulation and ran windows xp

hope it counts

Attached: 2k.png (1680x1050, 211K)

why wouldn't it?

this piece of garbage

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-27 11-35-24.png (780x376, 80K)

Had this since 2008.

Attached: Screenshot at 02-12-20.png (659x325, 34K)

You could upgrade that toaster to at least a c2d e8400 for like $3.

Does ARM count?
Then Cortex-A8 800MHz and 256MB RAM
N900 with postmarketOS running i3 + composite video out and bluetooth mouse + kb
peak comfy

I did. Got an E8500 for this bad boy. Currently ordering radeon HD 4670 for $12. Too bad the chipset doesn't allow it to have more than 3.3gb ram.

E2160 is fucking based beyond belief. It ran at 3.6GHz (2x overclock) but it hit like 80C on the stock intel cooler I had

Attached: e2160.png (448x431, 39K)

ARM shit is cool. I don't have an SoC, but I'm definitely in the market for one. The super tiny form factor is very appealing.

rpi4 just came out, user.
It's not as cool as N900 but with the 2 or 4GB version it might actually work as a capable shitpost station.

>it's a newfag tries to fit in episode
I'm getting really sick of this anime.

Jesus Christ, yeah, I can imagine 1.5 volts on a 65 nm CPU gets it pretty toasty. That is a beast OC though. The woldale c2d's like the E8500 you purchased can get to 3.6 GHz without even touching the voltage.

The anime is based, but the meme is worn out.

You can post with a pass or rendering proxy.

Attached: file.png (1000x750, 1.53M)

Cont.

Attached: file.png (1000x750, 1.46M)

Fuck yeah dude!

Attached: file.png (1476x1078, 2.21M)

Can only lurk.

Attached: file.png (1280x960, 1.68M)

Same with the BBS proxy.

Attached: file.png (1000x750, 1.43M)

Wrong board.

Attached: 1545130865836.png (400x1650, 367K)

I"m not , just another user who used to have an E2160.
It did get toasty, but I was using a shitty LGA775 intel cooler. I bet I could keep it cool with something beefier, but even with that I don't think I couldn't push it past 3.6GHz because I ran out of FSB range on my mobo. Capped out at 400MHz, literally could not type in a higher number.
Also, after being violated by 1.5V Vcore since 2010 amazingly it still works with no signs of degradation. I used it in my NAS until literally a week ago when I upgraded to LGA771 Xeon with an adapter.

Same thing here, 386SX though.

Attached: file.png (750x1000, 1.39M)

Based
Cronfe

I remember some user posting here from a Raspberry Pi 2 I think because his computer was broken or something. He didn't even complain that much

Attached: Screenshot_20190627_223426.png (778x643, 57K)

200MHz Celeron, can post.

Attached: file.png (1333x1000, 2.2M)

>hildon-home
Is it riced Maemo or are you masochistic enough to run hildon in postmarket with no HW acceleration?

It's the first on that picture but I have a multiboot setup with Postmarket and Debian too.

Attached: IMG_0009sb1k.jpg (4000x3000, 2.24M)

Attached: IMG_0002powerbookg4_1.jpg (2000x1500, 3.2M)

see

Used to actually be able to post years ago without any proxy or modern hardware. Now it can only lurk.

Attached: RIP Westwood.png (1280x1024, 105K)

Spex

Attached: speccy.png (640x1200, 24K)

I used to play emulators via a PS3 controller over bluetooth and composite video out to TV with a N900

Hello fren

hey I have's one of those too!
Mine is 1.67ghz version too top spec with 2gb rams and the higher resolution screen
I used a pata to msata adapter and a 64gb sandisk ssd.
Runs debian, very usable :D

I post here from a Pi 2 even when my computer works.

That would be the Nintendo DS. Far worse than the old 400 mhz laptop that ran puppy linux.

I had a bad time trying to install noscript on tenfourfox on a 1 ghz emac. the extension repository has a fuckload of javascript itself.

Is your gay anime gif even good anime? Why is she laughing. Is the anime about teenage angst? Being mocked by individuals who deem you to be inferior to them?

Huh, I can download add-ons from the archive on sourceforge, even with JS disabled entirely.

how will mactoddlers EVER recover?

this would be mine, as well. at least until my ROM broke off, i lost it and the microsd i was booting from as a replacement took a shit. It's sitting in a drawer waiting to be fixed with pic related. (probably never get to it)

Attached: THGBM4G4D1HBAIR.jpg_640x640.jpg (595x597, 115K)

Good thing I'm building a gaming pc right now.

Attached: low energy specs.jpg (545x93, 11K)

I can't remember every random machine I've posted from over the years but my main rig when I started was a sony vaio with a 1ghz athlon thunderbird

Attached: Picture 2.png (1040x678, 265K)

yikes..

iBook?

What is that blackbox (?) theme? Looks great

PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz, I'm too lazy to pull it out of the cupboard.

Had to rename it because it works

Shame

mac mini

sheeeeeiiiittttttt

based and debiru pilled

I've attempted to browse Jow Forums from my Quadras, but my PPro Vectras are the oldest machines I've actually used to post here. I probably wouldn't go older than a Pentium 133 or 166 with at least 64 MB of RAM for the most part.

Attached: xu6.jpg (2789x2866, 2.36M)

How well does it run for basic everyday use? I've given up on trying to get a 2500 or Ultra 45.

I WANT TO GO BACK

I throttled my 3 GHz i5 to 500 MHz, everything works fine. Saves battery time and stays cool.
I'm cool with this.

what os is this
t. a zoomer

AmigaOS

Post screenshot

You're here forever, faggot.

i can't find it online. it was a compaq laptop that came with win98se, upgradable to win2k. the best i can recall, the HD was around 5g, it had no wireless without using a pcmia card, it had a built-in cdrom and floppy drive, it couldn't have had more than like 256mb ram (probably less than that) and one of the old mobile pentiums. That thing had battery life that destroys most modern laptops though, and replaceable batteries which apparently no one does anymore even though batteries are trash in modern laptops. my dad got it for doing work while travelling and gave it to me as a gift after he finished his business trips.

you fucks are making me feel bad for scrapping most my old shit. I even scrapped my first gen asic bitcoin miners. I try to avoid hoarding stuff though.

My mom had this notebook and was using it until about a year ago.

Isn't the bootloader image on a separate chip? My eMMC works but it's reformatted as /home for pmOS, there's nothing Maemo related on it.
I flashed u-boot binary image and I'm just booting from microSD.

Something something stupid future project is writing a Jow Forums client for my homebrew 6502 machine that uses a preauthed Jow Forums pass for posting.
Don't even have a display driver for the thing, it's just using a dumb terminal for video.

some of you remember me

Attached: froppy98.png (1152x864, 552K)