Hey guys I've had a power outage and my computer shut off during a partition resizing. This is a Debian 9.9 system...

Hey guys I've had a power outage and my computer shut off during a partition resizing. This is a Debian 9.9 system, and I can't boot.

"error: file `/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0.9-amd64' not found"

I'm pretty sure I lost 126GB of shit, so I'm here to shitpost. I guess it's time for Void now.

Attached: GG.png (196x258, 6K)

Cute blog
Don't forget to dialate

LVM or regular partitions? What filesystem?

>1993+20+6
>using debian
lol

ext4

threads like this are when it's ok to just say linux instead of gnu/linux

>not having rock-solid stability
never gonna make it

Debian is trash under every single perspective.
It's a shit rolling release, semi-rolling release, and point release.
Sid isn't meant to be used, it's an afterthought and breaks for weeks at a time. If you report the issue the devs will tell you to fuck off and not use Sid. Testing doesn't get timely security updates and it also breaks, albeit less than Sid. Again, if you ask for support the devs will tell you to fuck off.
Debian stable is literally a maniacal circlejerk to see how old their packages can be, in the name of "stability", even though Debian isn't any more stable or secure than any other point release distro. Actually Debian-modified packages were found to have introduced vulnerabilities not present in the upstream releases more than once.

>Using Debian in

seconding this

No you distro hopping brainlet, you don't have to wipe everything because one file got corrupted. First ask grub to try booting the backup kernel, if that doesn't work them boot into a live disk, chroot in and reinstall the kernel image.

Are you a retard?

He said the "computer shut off during a partition resizing." If an interrupted partitioning operation caused this boot problem, then clearly it's not just "one file" that's corrupted, it's the partition table itself. His kernel and files are fine, even his filesystems might be fine, it's the data that tells the host WHERE on the disk the filesystems actually ARE that's fucked over. He won't be able to chroot into anything until/unless he can repair the partition table.

just restore from a previous snapsho..oh
you're not using OpenSUSE™ Tumbleweed™

Oh look another brainlet.
You can't "restore from a previous snapshot" that happens to be a feature of a FILESYSTEM, if the PROBLEM is that your computer can't FIND the fucking filesystem.

you can RESTORE a snapshot FROM a LIVECD if you are not RETARDED
and the FILESYSTEM is a FEATURE highly INTEGRATED into the DISTRO

When running TestDisk 7.0 I get:
>Bad root_cluster
>Warning: number of heads/cylinder mismatches 2 (FAT)! = 255 (HD)
>Warning: number of sectors per track mismatches 18 (FAT) != 63 (HD)

As well as a number of similar mismatches.

For some information, my HDD is a Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB hard drive.

Just restore from your daily backup, the fuck is wrong with you people?

Attached: 1558988304293.gif (600x212, 3.57M)

>resizing a partition without backups firmly in place

>power outage
What pathetic excuse for a 3rd world shithole still has power outages in current year?

Region Outages
South 54,832
Great Lakes 48,277
South East 16,186
Pacific 14,730
Mid-Atlantic 12,415
MidWest 1,170
Mountain 806
New England 549

I'm a retarded *buntu user who is VERY SLOWLY learning how to Linux.
Yet I'm fairly sure, about 87%, that if you don't use a filesystem which has a "journaling root" (enabled by default on my distro and ext4) AND suffer a power outage or just plug out the cord like me (a retard), the entire thing will crash the data with no survivors.

no, he just needs a live boot to fix his boot partition, all it takes is reinstalling grub and the kernel.
subhuman idiot brainlet distrohopper
based, notice how almost every debian user is a distrohopper

also the first thing you should do is turn off your pc and make a copy of it to another disk so you can have multiple tries at restoring personal data (your linux installation is disposable)
I never do that tho because I have backups like a real human bean

load up a live image and as root do "fsck -y /dev/sdb1" sdb2 ect for every partition on what ever the drive is.