My landlord said that the cable cord has internet access in it and i just need to plug it into a smart tv to get...

My landlord said that the cable cord has internet access in it and i just need to plug it into a smart tv to get internet. Is there a way I could get an adapter that i could use that cable on my laptop so i wouldn't have to use wifi?

Attached: 81YHdziMXrL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 15K)

bruh that's a coax cable...

It's called a cable modem...

(euro?)DOCSIS?

the absolute state of zoomers

you need a modem,dingus.

Is he baiting?

>Is there a way I could get an adapter that i could use that cable on my laptop
I swear to god if this isn't bait, summer has really come to Jow Forums

Attached: MB7220-2.jpg (500x497, 84K)

the coax is already connected to the modem. I can't run an ethernet cable from where i live to the router but this cable is already set to go with internet and it's in my room.

If you can use botnet telescreens as a cable modem, then that might mean the botnet telescreen might actually become the only device that people can get that contains a cable modem in my lifetime. So I really really hope that's not actually happening and OP and his landlord are both retarded.

Got me thinking why the newest tvs don't do the modem crap if modems are cheap as fuck?

doesn't work that way, coax transfers analog data

the modem doesn't have wifi?

Just use wifi. Or get another cable modem.

Yes hello you reach 4 channel technical support my name Abihibar Muholushlaeioukkkt, how can I provide with excellent customer service?

It's called a MOCA adapter but not all cable modems support it

Are you actually mentally deficient?

Attached: 1561601331190.jpg (554x476, 65K)

Get a wifi router, they're like $10used/$20 new on ebay/amazon.

>My landlord said that the cable cord has internet access in it and i just need to plug it into a smart tv to get internet.

Attached: 1548494527375.jpg (1080x985, 170K)

Won't I need a wifi cable? I can't run a cable.

JUST BUY A ROUTER YOU STUPID FAGGOT

>wifi cable

Attached: 1544052784244.png (447x905, 62K)

TOTALLY DANK MEME BRO

Attached: 1548405650043.png (500x733, 166K)

This entire thread is bait.

>What's a computerâ„¢

Since you're obviously 15-years-old, COAX internet carries the internet information on channels like any other channel.

A cable modem simply tunes into those specific channels instead of CNN.

Use a splitter. One output goes to the modem, the other output goes to a TV. If you only want a modem, just hook the cable straight into the modem.

From the modem, hook it up to a router. Hook all of your internet devices to the router -via ethernet cable or wi-fi.

You're an idiot.

Attached: 1554439237780.jpg (322x322, 15K)

Nope, the cables carry analog data. The computer converts it to digital but before then it's all raw analog.

You can use existing coax in the wall as wifi cable. Connect wifi antenna outputs on either end to the coax instead of antennas. This allows you to get better performance out of wifi in high interference areas, while avoiding having to string new ethernet cable.

Offtopic: I found this logo on a box of salmon steaks yesterday. Nearly lost my mind.

Attached: fishpeople.jpg (4032x3024, 2.27M)

Fish people
Fish people
Looks like fish
Tastes like people

No, shit; but it's encoded as digital information.

What you meant was old-school analog TV stations vs digital TV... all digital information is pulsed analog, but that doesn't make the signal analog. Hooking up a digital signal to an analog TV, and it's just static.

>The computer converts it to digital

It's as analog in the computer as it is analog in the cable.

You don't really know much about electrical engineering or circuits, but IT ALWAYS ANALOG. It's just that digital is pulsed analog for ones and zeros - even in the computer.

it transfers both

It does but I'd rather use ethernet

after reading the comments I'm not sure

already have wifi

Whats the point of ethernet over coax if it works the same as a regular coax cable?

I'm new to the whole coax carrying internet but since i have the cord in my room could i use this adapter so i could get an ethernet connection?

I want to use ethernet for faster speeds, I already have wifi.

Attached: image.php.jpg (650x365, 137K)

why is wifi still so garbage compared to ethernet
csgo over wifi...impossible

Because it competes with others technology in the same space.

surely this is bait.
What you are looking for is a Ethernet Over Coax (EoC) Adapter. You can buy them online, some have their own wifi functionality.

the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 4K)

There's literally no logical reason why the coax shouldn't plug straight into my laptop except jewish greed

Hey there goyim, I represent big-jew inc. and the ACTUAL reason is because of this stuff my boss just made up; we're calling it Signal Variance, and it's the real reason you need to buy a thing to plug into the thing you bought to plug your internet you pay for into.
We figured Signal Variance sounded intelligent enough, but not too bullshitty to get away with tricking the technologically elite goyims.

>Wi-Fi cable.

Jesus Christ

yes exactly. I never knew you could do this. This would provide better internet than wifi, correct?

Oh fug

Are you guys talking about hot spots? I don't see how a regular wifi router can exist without a cable hooked up to it.

Just read this and you're good to go.