NordVPN is 75% off, is it worth it?

Attached: e.png (373x309, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17258203
vpnscam.com/nordvpn-protonvpn-proton-mail-owned-by-tesonet-ceo-darius-bereika/
airvpn.org/external_link/?url=https://www.scmagazine.com/home/news/protonvpn-and-nordvpn-reinforce-incomplete-patch-for-code-execution-bug/
surfshark.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's their track record? Have they been proven in court that they don't store your browsing data?

Just buy a stolen account for a couple bucks

>banned on 4chinz
what's the point?

you're sharing ip addresses with many ppl so your going to get a lot of inconvinence and getting banned on lots of websites

What VPNs aren't?

Thats how vpns work dumbass

If you have to use a 3rd party service then yeah NordVPN is probably as good as it gets.

>Not buy a pass to bypass it.

>paying to shitpost
That's almost like being a jannie.

It's always that price

That price isn't 75% off, it's their normal price.

Use Tor
Except for torrenting

No, just use Tor.

buy a cheap vps and install openvpn

Attached: x.png (1170x80, 9K)

NordVPN is always "75% off"

where do I keep the vps

>claims "Complete privacy"
>claims "Enjoy the internet with no restrictions" yet is banned on Jow Forums
>is about feels not reals: "Feel safe on any device"
>"Military-grade encryption"
>doesn't even offer wireguard
I'd say no.

Attached: camel2.jpg (422x367, 39K)

Nice try you glowing jannie nigger. I can tell you there definitely are, but I'm not telling you which ones, there are already enough people shitting it up by using it to post CP or cunny threads, half the damn IPs are permabanned.

P.S. I am not posting with it now jannie, calm down or you'll get an asthma attack.

What's the point of a pass when you intend to shitpost? Surely the pass will get revoked if I just use it to post ponies.

I remember this place didnt have that many retards around like you many years ago.

or just use Sentry MBA

I remember when people who used the tech board knew how tech worked

INTCEL FANBOI DETECTED!

>falling for artificial timer dark pattern

Get mullvad for 60€ a year instead.

VPN users are p. much just pedophiles.

>mullvad
>Sweden

fuck off

Get BlackVPN then.

but i codes in java script im angular af

you're getting conned, idiot

Attached: 3r2wfv3w4f4.jpg (594x594, 55K)

Apart from this, are there any other non-normie tier vpns?

They have a fake timer

NordVPN's marketing is so intense it makes me not trust them.

>you're sharing ip addresses with many ppl
Sounds like a plus if you're doing shady shit

just get protonvpn

To the deleted post; god bless

oh yeah hope you enjoy those ones on pastebin

inb4 honeypot

the jannies would get on my ass anyway

was it VPN links?

something more than that

Somebody should compile a list of VPN providers that have been taken to court and the outcome of it. Is anyone aware if it has been done already?

Attached: 1558737036031.jpg (1080x1636, 435K)

>check the archive
>the deleted post isn't there either
why must I miss everything FUCK

what habbened?

mullvad

>not being a pedophile
enjoy the brainwashed roasties lad

Attached: 1552340818666.png (654x526, 34K)

Yeah that's just to pull you in. The deal has been there for months now. Just look at all the YouTube channels pushing it.

Forgot, they also advertise on television. Saw them a few times on HISTORY.

They've also been sponsoring twitch streamers recently to advertise their VPN. Cash must be good.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this thread was made just to shill their VPN.

It is there, just not a direct link
It was just a Pastebin of Nord accounts but after some testing they're public and barely work because of the device limit

Timer ends in 1h 20m, I'll keep this alive until then and prove you wrong.

>no answer

it's always 75% off
it is always 75% off
it is always 75% off
if you let the ((sale timer)) run out and then refresh the page it just starts over
it is always 75%
absolute scam marketing
absolute scam
absolute botnet

So many people have them as a youtube sponsor and it's always made me suspicious as hell. I've honestly never had a VPN before (or honestly could afford it right now). As far as stuff like piracy goes I just use streaming sites and DDL , ISP can't do shit about that. It's only when you end up uploading too like with torrents.

>Why yes I use Mullvad, how could you tell?

Attached: 1546134011626.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

>intending to shit post

Attached: 237442897346.gif (350x233, 348K)

>What's the point of a pass when you intend to shitpost?
> intend to shitpost
GTFO

"non-normie tier"
> "Based in Hong Kong [...] high government integrity and low corruption."
> Doesn't support WireGuard
> Can't pay with cash

nice meme

Nord was created by Tesonet a data mining company. Only an absolute retard would use it to stay "secure" They also put trackers and send your phone info away to a 3rd party on their cell app. Any company that does that is not trustworthy

Attached: image.jpg (1024x1017, 134K)

Friendly reminder they sold out some hackers while PIA gave the finger.

Actual botnet.

IDK, but they themselves admit to mining all manner of data from their mobile app.
See IIRC proton was founded by the same Bulgarian tracking company that owns nord.
This has been my experience.
>4thchin blocking VPN posting is the VPN's problem
AirVPN

>sharing network with pedophiles
just buy a VPS and setup your own a great plus is that you won't be banned from everything

Attached: sakurako_omuro_by_yukirumo990_d4hfig2-pre.png (899x889, 301K)

Daily reminder that vpns don't actually do anything, it's just snakeoil and you retards are actually falling for it

>buy a VPS
thanks for the tip, sakurako-san

AirVPN

It's a honeypot. Their advertising campaigns probably quadruple the profits they make considering 1 users($100 every 3 years) payment. It's just not a sustainable practice and reeks of shadiness. Also the fact it is shilled so much and falsely advertised is a red flag

Anyone use expressvpn? It's pricey, and their "live chat support" makes it seem to appear to normies.

> you won't be banned from everything
Jow Forums has AWS IP rangebanned.

PIA produced no logs in a court case once

it's ok as a program but their "deals" are misleading

This is indeed a good move by the intelligence agencies
>Start promoting VPNs for "privacy"
>Concentrate all VPN users into a single VPN (NordVPN)
>Tap into NordVPN
>Get access to all those users who thought NordVPN would make them safer

good move, cianiggers. Good move.

Do we have a list of banned IP pools? I'm on an Asian residential AP for proxy because I don't know which US providers are allowed.

Attached: image.jpg (279x180, 16K)

>Somebody should compile a list of VPN providers that have been taken to court and the outcome of it. Is anyone aware if it has been done already?

probably not
>we store no logs and p[rotecc privacy etc etc
>end up giving polcie data on someone
>news blows up about them giving logs
>shut down operation
>rebrand
>we store no logs blah blah blah
>repeat
this is how all vpns operate

Attached: D1XwPQ-V4AAFm_M.jpg (605x1105, 83K)

now you need to be careful even from the CIA nigga..... you can not trust no body on this life.... every one want free money.....

Isn't the whole point of the 'anonymity' and 'privacy' these VPNs supposedly provide the fact that you're sharing it with many other people and nobody knows who is doing what? What's the point of making your own? You're the only one who will be using it and you're paying for it directly to host the VPS, there's absolutely no anonymity or privacy there, it's all tied directly to you.

I mean yeah, there are use cases that can be covered by running your own VPN server on some cloud provider's network, but those are not the privacy and anonymity benefits these commercial VPN companies (claim to) provide.

Mullvad VPN though

No logs in court/FBI subpoena
Proxy.sh
Perfect privacy
PIA
Expressvpn

Given logs
Ipvanish
Purevpn
Hidemyass

Anymore input?

Yes, BlackVPN, Mullvad, Cryptostorm. Ranked from the most trust I give them to the lowest.

I've seen claims blackvpn has defied helping law enforcement. Any sources for that?

ALL VPN'S ARE HONEYPOTS! DON'T PAY FOR THEM!

I was gonna get NordVPN but then noticed they don’t have a Linux app with a GUI.
I’m just gonna get PIA instead.

>Nice try you glowing jannie nigger. I can tell you there definitely are, but I'm not telling you which ones, there are already enough people shitting it up by using it to post CP or cunny threads, half the damn IPs are permabanned.
Literally me

>IIRC proton was founded by the same Bulgarian tracking company that owns nord.
do you have ANY source to back that up
you too, faggot

Attached: 1545095836437.gif (250x277, 1.88M)

The real problem with NordVPN is they claim to be offshore and "securely based in Panama." But I don’t believe that. CloudVPN INC, their payment processor, is based out of Lithuania, and there are clear ties to Tesonet... Just do a Google search.Suffice to say, NordVPN is fully operated out of Lithuania and Lithuanians own the company that processes all customer billing info. That whole offshore thing is a lie, and they have no clue about international law.But the big problem here is, Nord is dishonest! This is the big issue. Dishonesty. And, because they are being so dishonest, and choosing not to address it in public, it should make people wonder what else they are hiding. NordVPN if you want us to take down anything here, TELL PEOPLE THE TRUTH. Just admit that the majority of your operations are based out of Lithuania.They are not securely offshore (It doesn’t matter what their management says), and Lithuania is one of the worst countries for privacy and data retention laws.

The official “Owner” of NordVPN such as the domains and trademarks, have gone through great lengths to disguise their identity by registering the entity in Panama. There is NO information on Tefincom co S.A. – the entity that owns Nord trademarksAnyone, literally ANYONE, with $1500 can open a shady anonymous Panama company in just a few days. They’ll provide a local address, resident agent, nominee directors, and power of attorney to the person in control so they can pull the strings behind the mask of a panama corporation.WHY, would anyone trust their privacy to a company who’s owner wishes to remain anonymous, and outsources 100% of it’s daily operations, accounting, billing, software dev, and marketing to a company in Lithuania. (Who just happens to run a bunch of other VPNs).Moving on to why they are misleading users and need to be called out: They tell people they are more secure because they are based in Panama, all safely tucked away “offshore”.They are giving people legal advise that is completely incorrect. A persons billing information is no safer just because Nord’s parent is incorporated in Panama. Tefincom doesn’t operate the payment processing, Cloud VPN INC (Tesonet) does, and therefore holds all personal data on subscribers. The US CloudVPN INC entity is not immune to legal process and neither are CloudVPN INC's Lithuanian owners.So to recap: NordVPN is lying to users about being an “offshore” VPN provider. They are processing payments through a US company CloudVPN INC owned by Lithuanians. This is 100% true, not allegations. They even admit it.AND, they are going through great lengths to hide the identity of the individuals and/or companies that have majority ownership in NordVPN. People need to understand that transparency in company ownership is the SINGLE most important factor one should consider when picking a VPN. You are literally giving all of your web traffic to this company, you better know who they are.

assuming you didn't mean to reply to because i 1000% do not trust NordVPN. everything about them is waaaaaay to damn sketchy and nothing makes sense as other anons have pointed out.

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17258203

Nord was started by Tesonet which is a data mining extraordinaire.

vpnscam.com/nordvpn-protonvpn-proton-mail-owned-by-tesonet-ceo-darius-bereika/

1) the CEO of Tesonet, the CEO of ProtonVPN and the CEO of CloudVPN are all the same one person.
2) CloudVPN is not a payment processor. It uses PayPal to collect subscriptions from NordVPN. It's not that you pay to NordVPN via a payment processor called "CloudVPN", you pay to CloudVPN via some payment processor (PayPal for example). In such transactions CloudVPN is not the payment processor, it is the final beneficiary of your payments. To allow such payments via a web site interaction with PayPal, PayPal wants that the beneficiary is the web site owner.

Additionally, the developer of NordVPN application in the Google Play Store is CloudVPN. The developer of ProtonVPN application in the Google Play Store is Tesonet.

So you know that:

- CloudVPN is not a payment processor in the transaction phase, but the beneficiary of the payment

- CloudVPN signs the application(s) of NordVPN (therefore it has full access to Google Play Store keys of NordVPN)
- Tesonet signs the application(s) of ProtonVPN (therefore it has full access to Google Play Store keys of ProtonVPN)

- the CEO of Tesonet, CloudVPN and ProtonVPN is the same person
- CloudVPN introduced itself to PayPal as the web server owner of NordVPN

Nord and Proton BOTH had the same bug in their phone app and it was discovered and fixed simultaneously. Obviously being coded by the same developers

airvpn.org/external_link/?url=https://www.scmagazine.com/home/news/protonvpn-and-nordvpn-reinforce-incomplete-patch-for-code-execution-bug/

Proton = Nord BOTH are run by the same guy. Same coders build the apps
reference above.

i can't believe i just spent over an hour on this goose chase. i get that you dont got much going on in your life so you play internet detective, but theres a reason you're not a real detective. read back your own sources and cross that with publicly verifiable information and weigh that against protons defense statement. based schizo

Attached: 1558832277652.gif (500x373, 968K)

Nice Try Tesonet

Attached: Fl8xwplX_400x400.jpg (240x240, 8K)

surfshark.com has a fake time as well, that's just scummy. I believe in some countries that's actually illegal, I will not make business with companies that resorts to that

What VPN checks all these boxes?
>no log
>not in the 14 eyes or any shady country
>Good speeds and very low down time

>buying any commercial VPN ever
self-hosted on a VPS is the only viable soluton

why the fuck would you use AWS

NordVPN blocks rapidgator.net downloads.

That's all I needed to know to uninstall that shit.