Go round any prestigious university

>go round any prestigious university
>students in all subjects overwhelmingly using Mbps
>similar thing for the professors

Explain it to me. If macs are for retards and the tech illiterate, why does everyone at top universities use one?

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

who gives a fuck, user

4channels full of poorfag virgin freaks who like to think they're better than everyone despite all evidence suggesting the contrary

>old Thinkpad>new Macbook
but why?
>becUze I sAid sO! huRr durr aPple faG

>Applebaby wants to be spoonfed about technology
Fuck off

>prestigious universities

Attached: ABSOLUTE STATE OF WESTERN EDUCATION - SJW Temper Tantrum Fined $44 Million.png (1376x1877, 2.75M)

There is no spoonfeeding.
This is how average Jow Forums virgin behave

>but muh gender studies PhDs use them!
K.

They really should start using MBps, fuck the telecom industry and their inflated Mbps numbers.

>el-prestigious universities

Attached: SJW EDUCATION TESTS ARE OPPRESSION.png (949x709, 75K)

>prestigious
>universities

Attached: Screenshot-2019-6-19 The Seven Most Ridiculous College Protests Of 2017.png (617x251, 32K)

>use Mbps
>megabites per second

Attached: tzuyuwut.jpg (578x575, 47K)

It is spoonfeeding. If you cannot understand that a pc with 1/10 of the cost with the same and more power and exchangeable parts is much superior than you're just a literal retard. It's not even ThinkPad, literally any pc that isn't Mac is superior.

>nu-western education
>prestigious
>courageous
>empowering
>much woke

Attached: Screenshot-2019-6-28 Several Australian universities BAN sarcasm because it’s a “form of violenc (676x1035, 366K)

If you worked harder you could have gone to one instead of posting those pathetic strawmans

Why do valedictorians disagree when it comes to buying their computers?

Why do neet losers agree with what you said?

If you worked harder at home reading all the books and Internet content on the field you are interested instead of wasting your time on woke universities where professors are cucked, maybe you'd achieve something in life boyo instead of being a loan slave.

>any pc that isn't Mac is superior.
lol and who is retard here

>being this much in denial

University is free in the US for strong students and a fantastic experience.... Obviously you didn't know that cause your grades were shit. Teaches you modesty if you go to a top one, let's you interact with equally successful people, average return in the millions

University is shit in USA which is why you are now depending on migrants and outsiders to run all your businesses.

Here's your two outdated excuses for top universities:
>labs and tools
Every university has them now, no longer an advantage.
>teachers
Are now anti-intellectual woke retards who kowtow to students instead of being authorities

Your education system is fucked and no longer prestigious.

>appealing to authorities
Fag

In price/power it is.

You're clearly a HS dropout retard

So much for your prestigious education when you don't even have this little awareness or an argument. You allowed politics to run your Universities instead of the Universities tearing apart politics for rationalist and intellectual growth like they used to.
Now you are here shilling an outdated prestige which once was and milking it as if it still exists now with dumbasses like yourself tainting it. It's fucking hilarious and depressing at the same time.
So much so that the most successful people you have there now in this generation are all dropouts because they realized the prestige is gone, it ain't there no more, with only a bunch of buyers remorse retards like yourself left banking on the past image rather than results.
Those articles are the results.

Well when you start to really work your ass off over some stuff you start to care less about rice, os and Jow Forums autism respect and instead you start to appreciate stuff that doesn't induce headaches.
MBPs and airs are great because fuckers really have outstanding battery life and won't leave you hanging when you actually do shit for 3-4-5 hours on battery.
Even newer thinkpads can't endure real battery marathons as old macbooks. My rMBP with 1200 cycles has more battery life than a way newer T460.
I have T420 with arch, T440p and T460 with windows, macbook air 11" 2013 and rMBP 2014. Whenever i have to go somewhere to study/do a project i carry a macbook simply because of battery life and portability which is unmatched by anything else.
XPS 13 is fair competitor but battery degrades over time horribly, its good when new but as time goes by it just drops to 2008 levels and baterly survives 2h of usage, whilst my macbooks are indestructible.
Also when actually doing some shit with real deadlines i can't risk working on a fucking autistic trannybooted laptop that will crash on next update. And when carrying around i can just grab the air in my hand and throw the fucker around because it's so light. I would fucking kill my self if i had to carry around that fucking behemoth of T420/T440p around.
I'm talking about mostly Python, Matlab and some KiCAD work for EE so even mb air is sufficient.
Also when it goes into hibernation it wakes itself up faster than windows does from sleep, when you open the lid its ready to go. Windows on the other hand handles a hibernation wakeup same as cold start, and you can't leave it in sleep for months without battery droping, I haven't shut down my macs since i've got them.

Objectively they're all good laptops, stop being autistic fucks Jow Forums. Who gives a fuck what people use if they're comfy with it.

They dropped out from Harvard and similar ultra prestigious schools since they actually had a plan and something they wanted to do. Not cause they were to dumb to get in anywhere, as is the case for you

Jow Forums just can't afford them so they sperg out and show their autism.

Macs are the best all round machines (unless you're still a child and require gaymen).

For developers it offers a unix experience and for non-developers it offers a nice all round "just werks" experience.

The price tag is quite steep, but it keeps the plebs out. The plebs are what destroyed Microschaft.

They dropped out of Harvard because they realized it ain't worth shit, if it was worth shit they would have continued even with a plan in life on the side.
Yet again, you are selling outdated history.
If you said the same shit you are saying now 20 years back i'd have agreed with you, but it ain't 20 years back anymore, and now your dumb posts only elicit laughter while you are stuck there simmering about the expired appearance of prestige like a superficial basic bitch rather than the substance which is lost on you and your university.

I never see students that need to do more than watch lectures on the internet and read powerpoint slides using them

I study computer science at a prestigious university in the UK, honestly, 90% of the people on the course have no real "hobby" interest in computer science and are kinda gliding along the course, these are the sorts of people who tend to prefer the mathsy/algorithm side of compsci over the hardware/software dev side as well.

College is getting better returns every year. Just admit it, you couldn't get in anywhere decent.

Attached: fact4.jpg (480x311, 26K)

>anywhere decent
>post a chart which proves the point that everywhere is decent now and "prestigious" is an outdated term since every college is equipped now while prestigious colleges have gone mentally bankrupt
So much for "decent" education.

ITT: coping iToddler thinks anyone with a functional mind will believe his retarded story.

>Jow Forums just can't afford them so they sperg out and show their autism.
wow user ur so rich, you can pay the 48 month special financing from your McDonalds wage!!

that increase of earning isn't enough to compensate for the tuition fee tho

Ok. I'll keep my Oxford education you can keep crying on the internet. Just to be clear, I could have gone to whatever shit university you went to, but obviously didn't like 95 percent of people who get in.

Post the tuition chart now and compare. For someone jerking about education you sure are showing a lack of it.
>Oxford
You retards haven't produced anyone or anything relevant in the past decade, the only thing that comes out of you are scandals and jokes.

Not him but the average debt fee in the us is 40k. Average lifetime earnings have increased by 200k over last 10 years according to that chart.

I was under the impression that americans were having issues with student loans
I guess things have improved in the recent years

sad but
/thread

This has never been true. Everyone who has difficulties is being brain-dead with money

MacOS is shit.
Even something as simple as trying to open up two file explorer windows simultanously is unintuitive.
Let's not get down to the fact that Apple believe that when you scroll your mousewheel towards you, it is 'natural' for the window to move upwards.
People who use MacOS are technological luddites.

Protip: the masses are stupid, even when they attend university. Macs are terrible computers with great marketing.

t. PhD student.

>be in TUM
>every single professor uses a ThinkPad
>the course isn't even about programming
try to go to non shit universities.

What's wrong with Mbps? Would you rather use MB/s?

Yes

>go to actual prestigious school
>intro CS course
>course is in scheme
>professor uses thinkpad with riced tiling wm
The class was a joke but he was a cool guy. I kinda wish I'd gotten to know him.

>prestigious university
anons, people dont go to Ivy League for better education. The education quality is the about the same everywhere. Its a display of wealth and achievement, just like macs, even if its no better than the cheap alternative it shows you have money to waste. You think you have to be smart to get into Yale? Youre objectively wrong. Ivy League does not admit poor students and its rates of Career success are only so marginally better than standard university that it absolutely can be atributed entirely to the wealth that they entered ivy league with following them to their careers. People who say otherwise just want to cling to their shit brained notion of being any better than the next retard with a 3.9 gpa who may or may not have an iq greater than 115. Its just peacocking.

Yeah the libcucks like to buy big brand names like apple, they think they appear to be something they are not. It's just a normie identifier.

if you fall for appeals to populism then i can't wait until it becomes popular to chop your dick off

i work with a guy who got into stanford and suffered the same existential crisis i did about academia being full of moronic sheep who can't question higher authority and now we manage a mcdonalds

yeah i can't wave that shit around but at least i don't have any debt to pay off. nobody in the college i went to wanted to learn they just wanted the piece of paper to prove to everyone else they weren't yahoos and never bothered stopping to learn how to not be one

USA are itoddler sheep
macbook used to be the best laptop maybe 10 years ago

>Mbps
>megabites per second
Go back to college

If you mistake education for intelligence, you are going to have a bad time.
Colleges are literal factories cranking out group think drones for corporations.

By all means get the knowledge, connections and degrees, but don't yield your individuality and thought processes, providing you have them.

Smart people aren't racking up debt for a useless degree that qualifies them for nothing. Smart people are starting their own businesses, or leaching off the welfare state.

to use the internet and Microsoft word.

I never bothered to educate myself on the difference between megabytes and megabits. I don't care what you use. As long as the download seems to be fast enough, I don't care what the actual number and unit are.

>mistake education for intelligence
They're the same thing. Smartest people get the best grades, best colleges need best grades and it's possibly the most universal life goal there is to go to the most prestigious college you can.

mega bits per second? what?

>They're the same thing. Smartest people get the best grades, best colleges need best grades and it's possibly the most universal life goal there is to go to the most prestigious college you can.
I'm impressed that you managed to be wrong in every single part of that sentence, bravo.

>retards
>everyone at top universities

>smart people get better grades
>better colleges have higher entry requirements
Seriously can't imagine how delusional you have to be to deny this. Yes there are other factors but in general, it's true.

>it's possibly the most universal life goal there is to go to the most prestigious college you can
Much more debatable but I really cannot think of anything more universal (apart from really basic crap like get a car or get a job). Home ownership probably comes second but not everyone wants to be tied down. In hs there is basically no other goal but go to the best college you can.

What's your problem with megabits per second? That's a very much valid unit of data transfer rate.

>Berkeley prestigious

>tuition fee

tuition fee debt is the only debt worth having. I don't hear doctors every complaining about their $200,000 fee debt, but I do hear a bunch of liberal arts fags and STUPID STEMtards - you know the ones, ever crying about it.

dude, all you have to do is open a browser a text editor and a terminal.
there's no much to it, macbooks have all of that.
don't think too hard about it. that's why gnome is default, it's based around it just working and displaying windows. fuck off