/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1537128791742.gif (500x281, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.aws.amazon.com/rekognition/latest/dg/text-detection.html
stackoverflow.com/questions/28693737/is-bash-a-programming-language
stackoverflow.com/q/15583535
docs.pwntools.com/en/stable/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for haskell

Attached: 1537668777142.jpg (624x875, 244K)

You are late faggot.

Attached: 1558816626086.png (785x757, 393K)

will be posting in this one, mods please delete the shitposting one.

dumb frogposter

You mean this one, OP?

thinking of writing a file tagging system
I don't know of any with a smooth file explorer (plugin or custom) or easy syncing.

Anone, Anone,

please don't forget to prove the correctness of your programs

Attached: 1555513038412.png (240x240, 61K)

Sorry, I can't prove the correctness because the compiler is fuckhuge and I'm not able to prove that it compiles correctly.

Imagine a language with separate definitions for algorithm implementation and program structure. Basically Haskell with C that check if your implementation is valid or generate a slow garbage collected default one.

>separate definitions for algorithm implementation and program structure
you're an idiot

Can a Sepple give a compelling argument for why std::map returns 0 when you pass it a key that doesn't exist

I've heard "arguments". I haven't heard a compelling argument

Attached: 05kirjwtb5s11.jpg (640x463, 44K)

there aren't any

This is why you will always be poor. STICK. TO. C++.

Kotlin and its zillion keywords are so fucking retarded it's on par with multithreading in rust

would you die if you do not use an IDE to program in Java?

because it points to an iterator at the end of the map that is zero.

Working on program to help me read anime. mpv IPC, grab/convert japanese subtitles with ffmpeg, generate furigana, display in web browser(so that I can use yomichan on words I don't know) and autoscroll with the video. Almost done, I'm at the scrolling part but I've had enough for today.

Attached: 1541765319875.jpg (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Return iterator to end
Returns an iterator referring to the past-the-end element in the map container.

Interesting. Let's see which thread wins.

Attached: 1416008881257.jpg (1360x1336, 415K)

Is there even a point of writing programs?
Nobody is willing to download some exe, installl it on their PC just to do one little thing, they want a website that just does it

a website is a program

program

program >> text.txt

program >> program2

If cout is so bad, can you replicate that with printf?

with POSIX you can do fdopen() on a file descriptor to stdin of a process and use fprintf.

boilerplate eats away your soul (or what is left of it)

huh, I don't get it.
it just displays the subtitles of the video or frames/video too?

In college I had to code Java in a text editor

Just the subtitles, I use it on a second monitor. The main reason for displaying in a browser is to use yomichan, also the auto generated furigana helps.

Attached: 1531635180458.png (1707x1392, 85K)

that's actually pretty cool desu

I have a bunch of
#ifdef x
#endif

blocks in mutliple cpp files
Is there a I can define x in one place to control all of them?
Do I need to create a new .h file, which I include in every of those cpps?

I've been interested in that for a while. It'd be nice to have a good way to sort media files with a builtin file browser. Making the thumbnails/preview/supported files based on dynamically loaded plugins would be nice. GKon and old ACDC did this, which was awesome - a new format would come out, and they'd just roll out an xyz viewer plugin.

The other thing I want to see is the tagging/organizing of tags, and a method that'd allow for the inclusion of additional data based on a custom schema.

I

Gee Bill! How come your mom lets you have TWO threads?

Yeah

I recently started core dumping my brain into a TODO file. I just start writing what im thinking into vim with as items tabbed/nested structure. It quickly turns into an insane mess but it helps me finish the train of thought. I write something down, read it, think, mentally process it, write more stuff down and so on. It's like i'm talking to myself, like the editor is a loopback device to my brain. It also helps me resume thinking about my ideas after I go to sleep and come back to the project the next day with a fresh mind.

Does else anyone have a process like this?

Sure, I do that with tomboy notes on linux. works greay

thanks fren

Attached: 1561074658944.jpg (1440x810, 125K)

>tomboy notes

What is that? I just opened up a terminal and vim and started writing stuff. I read that lots of people use emacs org mode but I have no idea what that shit is

Exactly. Web dev is the future.

tomboy is an old gnome app
these days it’s been replaced by the virtually identical gnote
i still use tomboy though because nostalgia

Those are some lewd birds

they're wise owls

Is it bitchmode if i use GLEW when using opengl?

>bitchmode
What is this new terminology? Fuck off

>new

First time I've heard it, so fuck off.

>you will never have your cunny stimulated by a lewd bird-chan

why live

It would be extremely painful.

I'm planning to make a simple Web app in Kotlin in order to learn the language, since i'm tired of writting Java (but the JVM is Nice).

What are the resources to accomplish this?

how would you extract text from a pdf file using python? I'm trying with PyPDF2 but all i get is gibberish

>python
This is the programming thread. Go somewhere else.

#
above codemonkeying levels

#
I want to be as good of a programmer as I can

#
good point, thanks

>but the JVM is Nice
Java is the textual representation of the limited glorified bytecode.
>Web app

OCR

cringy faggot

This is like reading a text file by rendering it to a surface and using OCR to extra the text.
Fuck off, that's a terrible solution.

are you talking about the online converter? what does this have to do with my question?

>Posts off topic shit
>Wonders why he gets told to fuck off
Seriously, fuck off.

I liked your solution, better than the no solution this user came up with that user is a little bitch

yikes

It wasn't offtopic you autistic cringeworthy faggot. stop replying to me

Amazon Rekognition

>all i get is gibberish
encoding issue?

You posted Python in a thread CLEARLY titled Daily PROGRAMMING Thread. How the fuck is your post not clearly off topic shit?
Seriously, fuck off and stop shitting up the thread, retard.

that's what im thinking. any advice?

Calm down CNile. Python is a perfectly valid language to program in. Don't you have pointers to take care of?

>any advice?
read the docs i guess
docs.aws.amazon.com/rekognition/latest/dg/text-detection.html

Ok, so I'm learning bash scripts.

When I tell a bash script to echo something, it just prints it to the terminal that runs the script. But If I tell a program to run by right-click->run, no terminal window is opened but the program runs anyway.
Where does the echoed statement... go? In that case?

Also, how do I make a bash script that ends another bash script? Like sends a ^C signal to another terminal window?

Doesn't that make YOU the new one?

>bash scripts
Read the FUCKING thread title, retard
Daily PROGRAMMING Thread
Fuck off with your off topic shit

this was meant for

Bash is a programming language and turing complete, I don't know what you're on about.

Are being retarded on purpose or does it just come naturally to you?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Probably does not understand that scripting is a subset of programming.

>Bash is a programming language
Wrong
You're shitting up the thread, go away.

sweety...
stackoverflow.com/questions/28693737/is-bash-a-programming-language

Why is Jow Forums the most easily trolled board?

Don't respond to CNiles, they don't understand anything outside of their language and they scream about it for no reason. They'll die soon eventually.

>Bash is a "sh-compatible command language". Then, we can say a "command language" is "a programming language through which a user communicates with the operating system or an application"
What the fuck is this retarded jump in logic?
>stackoverflow
Wow, posting a website filled with retards like you sure is a great argument.
Fuck off

>Where does the echoed statement... go?
I think that depends on what's executing it, your file manager/DE probably just sends it to /dev/null
>Also, how do I make a bash script that ends another bash script? Like sends a ^C signal to another terminal window?
you do that with the PID of the other bash process, kill

int square(int i) {
asm("mov %rdi, %rax\n\t"
"imul %rax, %rax\n\t");
}

you must be a serious programmer

>C
First Python, then Bash, and now C. Why the fuck do you insist on bringing up even more off topic shit in this thread?
For fucks sake, READ THE FUCKING THREAD TITLE, and fuck off, retard.

this isn't Jow Forums this is /prog/, and /prog/ is a high trust anonymous programming community

int main()
{
int normals[3][3] = {
#include "testfile.txt"
};
int i, j;
for (i = 0; i < 3; i++)
for (j = 0; j < 3; j++)
printf("i: %d, j: %d\n", i, j);
return 0;
}

are you alright user?
having a stroke because of the heat?

Attached: anime girl reading manga confused.jpg (374x374, 14K)

>anime girl reading manga confused.jpg
Fucking idiot newfags like you don't even know the names of the girls in your reaction images
Fuck off

>Fucking idiot newfags like you don't even
Looks like somebody has a case of the Mondays

Attached: 1480106813562.png (960x1280, 2.39M)

I don't use python so stackoverflow.com/q/15583535

I want to learn a language so I choose python, but the best way for me to learn shit like this would be to have a project in which I would find interesting or helpful, something I would use a lot

What do you guys use your program to do?

Thinking about automating something, but nothing I do is annoying enough to do anything about that

Do some CTF and wargames or exploits docs.pwntools.com/en/stable/

Why do the shared preferences of android studio not allow to put anything else but StringSet in? not even a StringSet of StringSets

I don't get your question.
You can do things in almost every language out there. Think of the language as a set of tools to paint your vision. In the end you could achieve the same result if you use brushes from company X and you wouldn't see a big difference *in result* if you used brushes from company Y.

Choose a language and do shit in it. It doesn't matter which one. Do it now.

seems pretty neat, I'm reading up on it

So I want to learn a language, language doesnt matter really, but the best way for me to learn isnt just to read on it, I kinda need a goal, something I benefit from with the fruits of my labor and something that is useful

Wow what a great informative and constructive thread you have going here guys. I learned so much about programming.

Okay, just have a little fun project to do then. Automation is always fun. Things like twitter, discord, IRC bots are always good projects to make you go and fetch specific things so you get used to look things up, which honestly is the most important tool you'll ever need. That's what I recommend anyway.

Ask specific and nicely formulated questions and you'll get an answer. This isn't a teaching thread.

Attached: judge judy.gif (390x259, 982K)

>>>/agdg/

Serious question, did you ever find your answer on /dpt/?
If not (obviously), why are you still coming here?

Attached: 9 5.jpg (389x442, 86K)

I actually have on multiple occasions.

So, I made this thing that should take any kind of nested list and, for any single-element list in it, change that list it into its only element.
However it doesn't work.
It doesn't give error, it just does nothing!
What am I doing worgn?

Attached: clps.png (502x214, 6K)

wow rude

Attached: who.gif (512x512, 639K)