What happens there?

What happens there?

Attached: 1556076262057.jpg (820x450, 58K)

they sap your data

And they sap the life out of any employee unfortunate enough to have to work with their garbage.

I work there and I've never used ABAP.

Fuck that.

Worked for 3 years as software dev, fucking piece of shit company. That's all I can say. Just check thelayoff com's SAP section for more info. Single fucking worst WORST company to work at.

It's shit. Most companies with a brain are switching to Workday.

Send Another Payment

ABAP is ugly as fuck, please save me.

This

Attached: 1431474299896.jpg (650x445, 171K)

It stays inside trees

SAP = Send Another Payment

workday is even more shit, i have to use both in work...

Stupid Annoying Programs

A Big Ass Program

Aren't these the guys that make Concur?

the damn thing prints money

For the guys who make it yes

why is SAP so expensive software

miniIBM

Attached: 1459123699336.jpg (651x768, 96K)

>What happens there?
I am from Germany and I can tell you: literally the devil's work. I did not believe in Satan until I got confronted with SAP.

So you can Send Another Payment.

I work with it and think it's the worst software you can use, I mean how is that no one as come with a better idea?

they bought Concur a few years ago.

I make a lotta with this shit.
Is it hell? Well...yes.

its where corporate executive dreams go to die

Is cancer

It has caused more economic loss than WWII, the kraut outdid himself.

enterprise software is a joke. bloat, ugly, slow and expensive shit with a market of 4 TRILLION dollars. This is 100x all consumer IT (both software and hardware) market per year.

people working in private sector make fun of those who work in governments as lazy and unproductive, but enterprise software expose these retards as even lazier and less productive with so much money thrown in the trash

Stop All Production

They come in, spend a year figuring out how (((they))) can help your business, then tailor make a computerised system that you could buy off the shelf for a fraction of the cost

>(((they)))
I thought SAP is Nazi

no one knows how to use sap

I expect most ERP software to be shit, by its market's nature.

>paying millions for ERP software
>instead of just adding someone on deviantart
lmao how can companies be so stupid like haha

Everybody laughs, but for big businesses in Europe, there's no alternative. Car industry? SAP. Insurance? SAP.

They extort the big companies, cause once you go SAP, you can't leave anymore. If your company does business with a big one that uses SAP, they will force you to use SAP as well at some point. It works, and it probably does generate extra revenue, but a lot of it gets sucked up by SAP and SAP's minion companies.

Kek

My company doesn't work with SAP, but many of our enterprise clients do, so every now and then we have to write some kind of adapter to it. I have the clearest impression that SAP is made to sap the souls of those who make contact with it

Send
Another
Payment

Unironically, what does a SAP Developer, or Workday Developer, or Salesforce Developer, or Sharepoint Developer consist of? What do you actually do at such a job?

Not a SAP dev, but as far as I've been talking with SAP devs it's mostly maintenance and integration work so it works with whatever shit runs in the organization already.
If you're very very unlucky you get to write SAP modules.

So what the fuck does SAP actually do

It's the wagie's bane

It's an ER software, as in Enterprise Resource Planning. You feed it data about everything that happens in your business, and then it has modules for about any type of management you want to do with these data.

For large companies, the deployment of such software is a project as huge and difficult as it seems, which many times simply fails, burning a buttload of money in the process. If your company is one of those who succeed, then you find out that the cost of changing ERP suppliers is so large that you simply have to accept whatever shit your German overlords throw your way

i think we built a custom web based one for an org
must not have been as intricate as a full blown one

Sure, custom, smaller business management software exist, and more are made all the time... But trust me, you'd know if you were making an ERP.
I find it quite amazing that a software this big exists and works in production all over the world. As much as I hate it, you have to give the Devil its due.
Also, there's good money to be made on SAP. Mostly not for developers, and certainly not for western ones, but there's a good market for consultants.

IT Manager here at a major company running SAP. Everything you said is true.

I used to work for a large company with our own team of ABAP programmers and actually liked SAP. If we wanted additional functionality our programmers would put together a new module or transaction pretty quickly.

My company uses Bluetooth, cellphones and such to track and monitor workers at large factories, most of them using SAP. I feel your pain.

so is this maintenace and integration kind of an entry level position?
I'm a braindead idiot when it comes to programming but perhaps there is a place for me in IT

You should definitely try. If you're braindead, you'll be in good company

in my country, SAP salary > other IT jobs
and i don't think ABAPers are programmers

Where I work we use it for the financial procurement process, making purchase orders and keeping track of the budget and so on. we use it for keeping track of employee records and positions and calculating payroll, accessing paystubs and tax forms and making leave requests. We use it for building maintenance requests and work orders. I work for a school board so we even have a custom application for writing and tracking special ed IEPs. all these things are integrated with our whole business and basically the goddamn krauts are holding us for ransom

/thread

yeah, those enterprise software are not as beautiful as our fizzbuzz code here. i learned some bitwise magic fizzbuzz the other day.

Money. A lot of Money

ITT: /g discusses software they will never use or understand because it makes money irl.

I mean really? Comparing sap to workday? Are you all 12?
This is close but no cigar
This guy is closer
But the cake goes to this guy for his hatred of being a true thunderchad
Fuck you dweebs gets real job.

my job actually is customizing an SAP commerce software for specific client requirements, but it isn't ERP and I don't know much about the rest of SAP landsape, only it seems like literal hell. I have to admit it got better after SAP'd bought it.

German boomer devs are making bloatware there

boomer software is always comfy though

meetings

Shoo shoo joo

from the end user perspective Sage > SAP.

SAP interface is counter intuitive as fuck.

the python kek thing?