Alright Jow Forums, I do see a lot of praise for Xiaomi over this parts as opposed to other boards...

Alright Jow Forums, I do see a lot of praise for Xiaomi over this parts as opposed to other boards. But let's be honest here, what has been your experience with em?

Attached: mi.png (151x151, 710)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a2_lite_(redmi_6_pro)-9247.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a literal chinese botnet

MIUI is cancer but you can unlock the bootloader so just go for good old lineage.

Software is atrocious, full of chink spyware.
Phones are adequate, almost as good a build quality as Samsung/Apple/Huawei for a fraction of the cost.

All the rest of their shit is outsourced to the cheapest bidder.

None

cheap

I've been using the Mi A1 for a little over a year. I'm very happy with it, updates in-time, no hardware issues, very good phone :3

I currently have a Mi Max 2. Decent but:

-Only usable with Xiaomi.eu
-Stuck at nougat
-Other ROMs have issues with in call volume and echoing
-Can't connect any gamepads wired
-Bluetooth has some bullshit lag
-Have to replace the camera app because it's trash
-Sound is ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean it's not awful but fuck. Insane battery life, at least. A friend had a similar model and it blew up on him, kinda scary.

Bought mi mix 3 a couple of months ago. After unlocking it, flashing xiaomi.eu one(warranty untouched) and debloating it I'm very happy with it. Works great for my use case and the screen ratio is amazing. Call me paranoid but having a physical barrier with the front camera puts me a little at ease. Unless something amazing comes out I'll stick with xiaomi for now.

Redmi Note 7: It's fine, MIUI sucks but otherwise seems like a decent phone
Redmi Airdots: Very cheap and quite good, happy with them
Yeelight Desk Lamp: Just a simple well built LED desk lamp, quite like it.

I will continue to buy Xiaomi products

MIUI is not that bad if you download a modded version with all the shit removed.
Better battery backup and better thermal than AOSP or Lineage

>MIUI is not that bad if you download a modded version with all the shit removed
Say that to yourself slowly

Good. I still use a Redmi Note 3, most of my family uses Redmis too.

Nice phones, the battery lasts long, most sensors (other than the camera) & antennas and stuff are generally great, microSD slot.

Still rocking my Redmi note 3 Pro I got in september 2016. Battery life still good (Although got hit hard when I started using the GPS in my car regularly)
I also own a mechanical automatic watch from TwentySeventeen that I love, and also a Xiaomi smart rice cooker that is fantastic. (Although I've stopped eating rice, so I'll probably start using it as a fancy crock pot eventually)

Have not had a single issue with anything I got from xiaomi, and will buy my next cellphone from them as well.

I've had the pocophone for around 2 months, no complaints other than the excessive notch.

Can't be bothered to change MIUI though, shit works well enough for me.

I got a Xiaomi Mi A1 like a year ago and it works wonders.

It was cheap, has Android One (clean vanilla android), up to date android versions, doesn't stutter and allows me to use all the apps I usually run, and every game I've tried so far (I barely play mobile games but they worked so far).

I'd tell you to get one if your budget is low. I don't know about the ones with MIUI though.

i bought a mi a1 2 years ago.
great phone, still use it.

edit: i had to solve 6 captchas to post this how do i fix

>But let's be honest here, what has been your experience with em?
Good to great hardware, unbeatable price per performance, developer friendly. What's not to like? Not all of their phones are available globally or work with all carriers. They've also just released the Mi Band 4 global, which will be another success. A great choice for anyone not psychologically impaired enough to spend as much on a watch as on a phone.

>developer friendly
Hm? I think the rooting procedure isn't all that friendly/great; takes effort.

Miui is good its just full of bloat. Fix that and its not bad at all. Eu rom is highly recommended or buy a phone with big rom support

In my case I had to wait a fucking eternity for that shit. Not to mention I asked to get a forum account removed and the fuckers wouldn't do it. Not fun.

this, I feel like battery life got worse after updating to Pie though
still not as bad as my old phone but noticably worse than Oreo

Any almost perfectly stable non MIUI ROM for the mi 8 lite? With no lack of features or weird fixes? I'm looking to grab one but I don't want MIUI at all, bloated or debloated.

I have a Mi A2 and I'm quite happy with it. Never had any issues. Also had a Xiaomi gamepad, was very surprised with its quality.

>bought 4X around 1 and half years ago
>installed Pixel camera for better photos but the sensor is still subpar for taking pictures from non-natural light sources
>used MUI for a while until weather app started asking for my contacts
>decided to go custom, at first used some Lineage fork with hieroglyphic for a logo
>it was fine but it lacked the root options of Lineage
>some pajeet finally released official Lineage
>had some issues with battery and gif playback but after updates it went away
>smooth sailing ever since
Thanks for reading my blog.

Attached: 228201731531PM_635_xiaomi_redmi_4x.jpg (635x476, 17K)

I have a Xiaomi Router. It literally injects ads to webpages. You are also asked for an account when you set it up so it can suck in more of your data. I installed a custom firmware to get rid of it. The price is really cheap though compared to its features.

Have a Redmi note 3 pro (what a dumbass name) and it was great for the price, still works. Recently switched to the Mi 9 and that thing is just great, for a company with a heavy focus on budget models and developing markets I was expecting their premium model to be half-assed or gimped compared to the competition, but it turned out I was wrong.
Used Xiaomi.eu on both models, stock MIUI is cancer and stock android is apple-tier.

Miui is meh
Bootloader unlocking is fucking slow and retarded
Prices are low

Loving my redmi note 7

What's bad about it, never had an issue with it. reminds me of when my company issued me an iphone for a while

For me it's just not that pleasant. It seems to offer a lot of features but also lacks some that pretty much other UIs deal with just fine.

>You can't read more than one message on a notification from the lockscreen. You can't do dick about it. Sure it's good for privacy but there's already options for that, so I don't get why there isn't a detailed option.
>Animations are pretty amateurish. Some graphic elements are a straight copy paste without taking certain design aspects from the original thing it's trying to copy in consideration (little details like the volume slider, for instance)
>Doesn't support settings for Google smart lock.
>Hell it begs for Google replacement apps, or anything else. The dialer and camera apps are much worse. I keep missing reminders from Google calendar as well.
>Pretty fucky with saving stuff to microSD cards. I couldn't fix the phone showing files as empty folders for a while when connecting it to a PC and I had to restart the phone to show stuff that was copied over successfully as anything but empty
>Quick settings page nearly worthless, has like 2 features on anything but fucking indian or chinese regions
>A setting for font size but it only changes font size for some fonts? How difficult is it to set a safe DPI slider?
>Not to mention elements cut out if you decide to do that manually, of course

I could go on and on and on. Samsung, Google and Apple are still on top of that game.

Xiaomi makes Android One phones.

I'm retiring a Redmi Note 4 with a cracked screen. What can I do with it?

Piston 3: very good entry level iem for me. Look great, nice build quality.

Xiaomi Mi a2: Only had it for a few days, but it seems like a fantastic phone for the price so far. I plan to keep it for a very long time.

I owned the Note 4 and currently own the Note 7, i don't know about the higher budget ones but they definitely make some of the if not the best midrange phones as long as you put Lineage or in my case PixelExperience on it.

>what has been your experience with em
Let's see...
>Mix 2S
great
>ultrabook
great
>smart air purifier
never had an air purifier before this one, helps me with hay fever
>amazfit pace
Best buy when it comes to gps running watches
>roborock vacuum cleaner
I don't have to clean on my own that often. My cat is afraid of it, though

I plan on getting some other Xiaomi stuff soon

>>You can't read more than one message on a notification from the lockscreen. You can't do dick about it. Sure it's good for privacy but there's already options for that, so I don't get why there isn't a detailed option.
What? I can get multiple, unless you mean text messages, even then 99% sure seen multiple on my Mi a2 lite
>Animations are pretty amateurish.
I disable animations so never noticed
>Doesn't support settings for Google smart lock.
Never used, but pretty sure it is fixed on A2 lite, see the option for it
>Pretty fucky with saving stuff to microSD cards.
Found it's just fucking picky about it, but I will acknowledge this is annoying.
>I keep missing reminders from Google calendar as well.
Restored from my other phone so never noticed after initial setup all the apps auto installed back

Any idea how to make it stop to vibrate every time I enter multitasking? It annoys the shit out of me. Other than that it's good and stable.

>What? I can get multiple, unless you mean text messages, even then 99% sure seen multiple on my Mi a2 lite
You cannot expand notifications, either Android or MIUI style, on the lockscreen. You have to unlock the phone for that first. I can't preview shit half of the time because of it. Tested it on Mi Max 2, Mi max 3 and Mi Pad 4.
>Never used, but pretty sure it is fixed on A2 lite, see the option for it
So you have to buy another phone for something as silly as keeping your phone unlocked based on location, gotcha

>You cannot expand notifications, either Android or MIUI style, on the lockscreen. You have to unlock the phone for that first.
finger print scanner is right there and unlocks by the time I need to read it. don't see how that is hard.
>So you have to buy another phone for something as silly as keeping your phone unlocked based on location, gotcha
I travel a lot for work so that feature is meh to me, and again finger print scanning is so fast and on point it's not a deal breaker. If I worked from home and in a specific office 9-5 daily guess that might be a thing? I'd rather have my phone locked more than unlocked regardless.

i bought a mi a2 a while ago cuz it was cheap, it's been working pretty good so far.

>finger print scanner is right there and unlocks by the time I need to read it. don't see how that is hard.

Extra steps. You have to lift the phone, use your fingerprint, pull down the notifications bar, then pull down the notifications (which thank god you can't, they had a retarded pinching gesture before). As opposed to just maybe tap once or twice and pull down notifications.

Again, that's just options that stock Android has and One UI has on many phones. Hell Android had that shit for a long, long time now. It's good for me doesn't mean it should be for everyone the fuck else.

I used a xiaomi m2 or whatever it was called for four years. It worked great until the last year when it had storage issues. Not enough storage, apps bloated over time, so not exactly the phone's fault. The usb charging port also broke after a couple of years making charging a struggle. It was also only 2g compatible which sucked. But generally, I got four years out of it so that says a lot.

thank god you can*

>Extra steps. You have to lift the phone, use your fingerprint, pull down the notifications bar, then pull down the notifications (

My notifications show up stacked just fine, usually the header on an email will tell me if I need to unlock, Discord messages show fine same with facebook/hangouts/texts. I can swipe the screen from lock to view what's the notifcation.

My a2 also supports double tap to turn on so if I just don't want to lift it I can do that. My Xiaomi runs Andriod One (ver 9 sec patch Jan 1), no clue what you are talking about. Sounds like you have something weird going on. My Honor 6x was basically the same in terms of ease to see shit.

So hold on, I was talking about MIUI and you're telling me you're using stock Android. Of course you don't have any clue.

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a2_lite_(redmi_6_pro)-9247.php

Runs MIUI 10 according to everything.

If it's running just Andriod One and no MIUI features, why did you bring up MIUI being a thing on all Xiaomi phones?

When did I bring up MIUI being a thing on all Xiaomi phones? I was responding to why MIUI wasn't good, not why Xiaomi phones weren't good.

Everything you posted up till then seemed to imply that Xiaomi runs MIUI the original post I replied to also seemed to imply that.

If the phones aren't locked to MIUI then why is it a counter point against them. Seems like carless buying more than an issue with Xiaomi

Many of their available phones are MIUI phones, but you can buy Android based ones. It's just a matter of availability. By the time that their gigantic phones came out there wasn't an Android One version you could just buy. Not all MIUI phones have good support for stock custom ROMs either, so you can be stuck on MIUI unless you're willing to tolerate issues of a different nature (more hardware related).

So MIUI isn't a fault then, it's someone who buys a phone without reading the pro's and cons

Everything xiaomi I've had is great quality. The compromise is their software, which isn't a big deal because it's always fixable or there's an alternative.

They're like 95% of brands that cost 2x more so it's good

One point would be that before you can use a different ROM, you need to go through a not trivially quick unlocking procedure.

>One point would be that before you can use a different ROM
My phone is stock with andriod one. No need to flash it.

read what phone you buy dip

That's bootloader unlocking. And no, 15 days isn't eternity.

MIUI stock is just awful, bloat, ads, spyware, notifications so not work properly.

I flashed Xiaomi.eu and now notifications work properly and there are no more ads in stock apps.

Tomorrow I'm going to adb freeze as much bloat as I can.

The hardware is excellent for the price though (barring bad microphones for audio recording)

>15 days isn't eternity
Spoken like a true shill

It's so resellers don't tinker with their shit

Blew up how? I have a Note 5 and you're scaring me.

>15 days isn't eternity
>Spoken like a true shill
>a "shill" advocating against using MIUI

Been using my mi 9 for about 2 months now. Been working fine for me and the software is alright for what you're paying, waay better than my old galaxy s6's bloatshit.

>phones
>good value hardware
>acceptable software
Not as good as pixels or samsungs, but gives more freedom to root and tweak shit.

>laptops
>Almost as well built as the mac it copies
>Software is generic windows
>you're getting exactly what you think you're getting.

Would not recommend. Buy an X280 instead.

>Internet of Shit
>All their shit works well with the provided apps
>Third party control options are somewhat limited
>Firmware is retarded on some products

It's the internet fo shit. If you want to go for it, you can do a lot worse than xiaomi. Also most of the smart junk is better value than the regular junk of the same kind you can get in a local store.

>Electric Scooter
>Fun
>Has a bunch of hardware issues but nothing dangerous

Would recommend if you're enough of an autist to use a scooter as a legitimate mode of transport.

>70€ Phone
>Does everything the 1200€ Iphone does for the price of a large meal.

Fuck America, blessed Chinks.

Attached: 1561778078246.jpg (248x203, 11K)

>Europoor
>"5 eurodollars? That's like, a cup of coffee or somethin, just pay up"

>you are poor if you don't throw away money at overpriced garbage
Gotta love how triggered you guys always are as soon as someone mentions america.