Anyone have a Dell XPS 13? How's it holding up?

Anyone have a Dell XPS 13? How's it holding up?

I just bought one two weeks ago but have been having some speaker crackling, and sound even went out on me once. Now I'm reading about shitty screen flicker, overheating while in sleep mode, and I'm kind of worried. Any experiences from XPS or Dell owners in general would be appreciated.

What's the most reliable laptop brand?

Attached: Dell-XPS-13-Pattern-Image.jpg (1164x873, 259K)

>What's the most reliable laptop brand?
ThinkPads

Thanks but I don't want Chinese spyware

9350, pretty good even after 3 years

cringe

>tfw bought a 2018 15 inch MacBook Pro (the $2.8k one) for $900 because the keyboard didn't work off someone off Ebay and had some chips and scratches on the body
>knew about the keyboard replacement program that its free and since apple solders everything they would replace the whole bottom body, even the battery
>new computer for $900
Y'all niggas should look into used MacBook pros and abuse that keyboard replacement program to get a pretty much brand new computer.

That's pretty devious user. I like it.

Eww.

>$900
no thanks

cope

yikes

>What's the most reliable laptop brand?
Apple. Get a MacBook Pro.

Attached: hey internet apple troll.jpg (500x884, 221K)

Besides Apple.

i find it hilarious how can someone use that 13,3inch machine with such a low key travel as their daily driver. Anything under 14ich should be forbidden

You dun goof'd
My XPS 15 is strong like bull

He's kinda right tho. You can get a macbook pro from 2013-15 that has the same screen for less than a new Dell xps. Sure, can't really change the parts inside without taking out the whole logic board, but still, cheaper.

>speaker crackling
open it up, undo the screw in the middle and move the cable further away from it. There is a video from some romanian dudde in youtube.

I had a 9350. God awful keyboard. The coil whine was so bad I had to get rid of it. Thunderbold 3 was fucked and both Bluetooth and Wifi had their oddities. Performance was decent, I guess. It was also really portable.

Interesting. IDK if I want to have to do that with a two week old, $1,200 laptop, but I'll keep that in mind if I do end up resorting to that.

9360 still going good. No coil noise.

Just get a mint t series thinkpad instead of this shitty dell trash

>XPS
microbotnet
>MBP
toddlerbotnet
>TP
chinknetbotnet

9360 here, still in excellent condition, have had zero issues outside of coil whine and bad Windows 10 updates.

>Didn't buy the superior XPS 15

The crackling speaker issue can be resolved by updating the BIOS and uninstalling the Dell provided driver , download Realtek driver directly from manufacture website and install it manually without the shit software that comes with it. Welcome to Dell, also good luck using their TB18 docking station

I'm not very surprised given how hard they felt they needed to shill these when they were new.

>overheating while in sleep mode
I changed my kernel default from s2idle to deep because fuck Connected Standby.
What a waste of everybody's time, all because Miscrosoft is still chasing the idea that people want Windows computers to be iPads

Explain how they do it to an idiot like me. I'm curious.