/spg/ - Smartphone General

Is it a dumb idea to buy a Mi A2 now? Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: serveimage.jpg (600x600, 154K)

I have an unopened Galaxy S10e next to me that I got as a birthday gift. It's basically exactly what I want, but I'm worried about battery life potential lack of RAM (6GB). Keep or upgrade to S10? I like the smaller size of it.

Keep

Got my note 9 bros

Attached: Screenshot_20190628-225702_Nova Launcher.jpg (1440x2960, 2.23M)

exynos or SD

Attached: Screenshot_20190628-230100_AIDA64.jpg (1440x2960, 651K)

what's good right now?

used to have an htg android - was jank hated it
had windows phone, loved it but
>muh apps
briefly had an iphone - was ok

has android got better? my htc phone would do all kinds of weird shit.

also best brands?

Best budget brand: Xiaomi
Best brand all around: OnePlus

just buy a pixel 3a or pixel 3a xl and everything will be good. don't buy into anything else, especially not the chink shit phones with insane specs and horrible user experience that get shilled here

Recently, based on my requirements someone recommended a Redmi 7, then another user chimed in and basically said that it's pretty shit, has a dark screen, etc. and that it would be much better to get a Mi A2, when going for a phone in that price range (150€)

Is that generally right and is there a reason the pastebin link recommends the A2 lite over the A2?
Specs of the A2 seem to be better from what I can tell, with almost no price difference.

Out here still on iPhone 5s. If it’s not broke I feel no need to upgrade.

Yes althought its somewhat inferior to the a2 lite in terms of battery and no headphone jack,

Have they changed how SIM cards look? On samsung's site they mention "nano" vs. "micro" slots, so will I need a new one or are they backwards compatible? Can I just move it over from my old phone?

You can cut a micro into a nano SIM. If you don't wanna do it yourself go to a phone shop, they'll do it for you in 5 minutes

If you could get the A70 or the Galaxy S9 for the same price, which one would you choose?

>2 days until July
>Over a Month after the Zenfone 6 launch
>Still no US release date

Please, I need off the Samsung/Apple shit duopoly

A70

I'm rocking an A70 right now. The battery is phenomenal, also crazy storage space

Does whatever samsung UI they're using now let you expand notifications on the lock screen?

I'm looking to get away from MIUI because it lacks stuff like that.

Got it for 35 bucks
*sips*

Attached: classic.jpg (679x585, 44K)

I know when I touch the music player it does. I believe if its SMS it wants me to unlock. I'm not a fan of Samsungs UI I like vanilla Google but I really liked what the A70 offered for the price point
How far has Asus come along? I had one of their first tablets back when the first android tablets came out competing against Apple, I forget the name of it, it was quad core I remember but seemed like it had some issues. Have they improved their hardware/software? Thata a nice looking phone

I too miss 2008 hipster user

I wanted to get a new phone since my s5 neo has become slow and i only get around 2-3 hours of SOT.

Should i get the a70 since i´ve heard one ui is a big step up from touch wiz or should i get the mi 9t ?

>2008 was eleven years ago

Attached: tearsinrainscoob1.jpg (242x206, 23K)

Mi 9T

Is there a good compact phone?

Can I put like a phone chip in my TI84+?

S10e, A40, Mi 9 SE

I figured this would probably be the best place to ask
if you get a plan that says it only has sd streaming, what exactly does that mean? are the data speeds just slower?

Based

zenfone 6 when

Attached: 3466989035398078.jpg (474x474, 28K)

Does anyone here own a Galaxy A50? Is it much worse than the A70?

LG G6 unlocked for $100 a good deal?

it means they limit exactly what resolution your streing services will display when you view content over the cell data, you should be able to stream at HD resolutions of you just connect to WiFi
is this Metro PCS you're looking at?

calm your fucking tits, Asus North America says it's a "summer" release so it should be announced coming up in July, apparently it's a supply issue that they're trying to get ironed out

What browser you using? I kinda wanna drop Chrome for Firefox or Fennec but the navigation on mobile seems kinda blah

Firefox focus

V20 vs Note4 pls help
Need a removable battery but Im worried about the V20's battery life

Lmao ching chong phones are for neets with no sense of style
Sorry but only iphones are effay
Every high tier fashion icon has one

Recommend me a samsung phone for 300$ or below. I've heard that the a30 is complete garbage.

Attached: 1558982883471.jpg (1019x1600, 851K)

A40, usb 3.1, all connectivity and best display on market and exact same dimensions to iphone x

Isn't it quite weaker than the A50?

if youve done the research and made your mind then stop asking you fucking liberal asshole

I wasn't that poster you nignog

Pretty good Best buy deal, A50 for $250 with activation. Might be able to get the $25/month unlimited plan with it.

I just bought a A50 directly through sprint for $350, wish I saw this deal first. Have no regrets though, phone is well worth it.

Attached: Untitled.png (328x450, 21K)

Should I wait for an hypothetical Mi 9T Pro, but that will most likely cost 450 bucks in 128GB, that I'll keep for 3 years, or go for the Mi 9T that can be bought for like 350 bucks, and keep it 2 years?

Is that Snap 855 really worth 100 bucks more than the 730?

Attached: 1561679687966.png (495x424, 123K)

Thanks, user. I'll probably be using whatever phone i get for about ~3 years. Do you think this will last for that long? I just use my phone for music, messaging, browsing and youtube. My previous phone started to give me ram and performance issues after an year. Want to avoid that.

a40 not available where I live desu

That date widget looks crazy what is it called?

thoughts on Oneplus 7 Pro?

>exynos vs sd
Which one is better?

Blackberry KEY2

Attached: 201806080510251740.jpg (590x450, 25K)

>Note 9
Can you post what manga looks like on it pls?

3 Years might be pushing it. I usually upgrade my phone every 1-1.5 years, so I buy mid range.

Also that $25/month plan only lasts for 1 year then it increases to $60. At that point I will probably buy a new phone and find a cheaper plan etc

Meant to reply to:

Yeah they use proper hardware now and their stock OS is nice too, plus you get top tier custom ROM support.

Why do I get serious anxiety when I contemplate my next phone? There's a catch with every damn phone and basically it's about settling for the least shitty phone in the market. Makes me cry

I still think these look fly as fuck, they really nailed the style. Is the keyboard as bad as people claim?

sd

Hope the Key3 finally gets rid of the capacitive buttons

it's all your angle of looking things. one could have 700$ budget and still decide that his choice still lacks a characteristic and fixate on that

>Pixel 3 XL
potential QC issues, shit hardware and shit battery life
>OnePlus
dogshit camera no matter what
I just wish gcam wasn't a meme, and that they would go 100% toe to toe with actual Pixels. All it does is enhance your camera compared to stock, it still falls short. I'm not fooling myself though, it's still great stuff and I'm gonna get a OnePlus phone down the line.

There's a deal of a Galaxy A50 for $250. Should I go for it?

iPhone 8 vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus?

Only reason I'm considering iPhone is because whole family has iPhones (iMessaging is very convenient) and it's performance is decent?

Burger here on Verizon, my budget is $350. I'm mainly looking for
>headphone jack
>expandable storage, will make an exception if it has 128GB base storage
>decent screen (preferably 1080P OLED)
>good camera (don't give a shit about dual camera setups but I wouldn't mind, if it can be drastically improved with Gcam that's a plus too)
>large battery or efficient SOC
I've been heavily considering a Moto Z4, I'm an existing Verizon user so I can get it for $240. G7 Power is also on the table but the Z4 seems like way better value for $240

If you're not knee deep in Android, get the iPhone.

>take picture with phone
>freezes on image after a fraction of second
>move phone
>image becomes blurry and blurry is saved

Why? How do I stop this shit?

Just buy the Pixel 3a and live with it, it's got the best camera in that range.
Otherwise get the Moto but the camera won't even come close to the Pixel.

wtf, which phone?

I was considering it but I'd really like expandable storage and a larger battery and the Z4 has that for $240

HTC U11 Life. Bought it for about $300 a year or two ago.

fucking stand still you spaz

I am still. Once the image freezes, I should be able to move after that. But I need to wait another second or so. And it's frustrating.

install GCam

>Is it a dumb idea to buy a Mi A2 now?
Is it though? My Mi A1 screen just cracked pretty bad and I'm thinking of upgrading it.

Mi 9t + pajeet os

wait for Mi A3

OK I'll check it out.

If I move from a phone with 8GB Ram to 6GB, will the change be noticeable?

I'm needing a new phone, what should I get? my current phone (motorola moto g5 plus) can't charge well anymore. ~$250 CAD price range please.
not sure what to get.

>wait for a phone that's not even announced

Redmon Note Se7en.

Hey guys, stupid question.
I have a moto g6, and the audio is incredibly low when playing music. There is a built in dolby equalizer that I don't use, but I was wondering if the low audio was common in the G6, and if there is a fix, or if its something dolby related.

Also, are there any phones that are known for their excellent audio output?

Hi I am a huge faggot and this is a stupid question, but if I want to unlock my Android's bootloader, but I need a code to do so and the manufacturer is being gay and saying that my phone isn't eligible so they won't give me a code, is there any way to get around this shit and unlock the fucking bootloader?

A code? Wtf, what phone do you have?

Moto Z2 Play

Damn android 9 is so much better on battery, redmeme note5 seems gaining moar battery on standby. I can get 8sot on 4g lte.

OK, can someone suggest me sub 200euros smartphone with best possible camera in that price range?

Attached: Hiss+grrr_934085_6800067.jpg (719x642, 108K)

Redmis None 7.

I can't tell if AT&t or Verizon is the better choice for me, I'm moving to West Virginia. Maybe I should get one of those cheap companies that uses the AT&t or Verizon network?

Probably not if you're not gaming hardcore

Any word on when the A50 unlocked is coming to US?

Should I upgrade to a Mi9T from Mi Mix 2?

check on xda, if there's no public tool available you're shit out of luck. Bounty hunters used to crack bootloaders on xda but not so much anymore due to the low demand outside of flagship dev friendly devices (think htc 1+ pixels), and i think one time a pajeet that collected the bounty ahead of time ran off with it and severely harmed xdas rep for bounties.

tldr in current year you decide if you want the option to unlock the BL before buying the phone.

Does emulation count as gaming hardcore?

I've been looking around for a decent budget smartphone. The top 3 I've seen are pocophone f1, Motorola g7, and the pixel 3a. I'm also considering some compact sony xperia models, but I haven't been able to narrow it down much. I would go with the pixel, but I don't really care about the camera and I don't want to pay that little bit extra for a feature I'm not really going to use. Does anyone have experience with these phones or have any suggestions?

Guess it depends on what you're emulating

PSP/PS1/N64/Saturn/DS is the best SD845 can do right now, right? I've seen some videos with an 855 running Dolphin semi-competently but it seems like it's still not quite there.

ahhhh the wait is killing me

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (675x900, 67K)

Is that the CC9? What's so special about it?