Boeing's 737 Max Software Outsourced to $9-an-Hour Engineers

>In offices across from Seattle’s Boeing Field, recent college graduates employed by the Indian software developer HCL Technologies Ltd. occupied several rows of desks, said Mark Rabin, a former Boeing software engineer who worked in a flight-test group that supported the Max.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-28/boeing-s-737-max-software-outsourced-to-9-an-hour-engineers

Attached: 15803315_1170287286422791_4089864903760805888_n.jpg (1024x591, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OxPsxmU_ocI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 266K)

>Not out Batsman
what did he mean by this?

The eternal boomer, strikes again. Just outsource our flight critical shit to street shitters and get that fat bonus check for reducing costs. Tesla Roadster here I come.

Attached: 0B9D872E5E0948A2B002D587D522FDCE.jpg (710x665, 92K)

tfw chadbus supporter

outsourcing in itself isn't the problem, cheating the audit system is

Do people seriously believe that picture is true?

Wrong. Poojeets can't do anything right.

he's still out there hitting it out of the park (as in cricket)

trump unironically has done nothing he promised yet his supporters still suck his dick

Pajeets BTFO.

Who was Manafort working for when he committed those crimes?

Yep, the Podestas.

2 hard right supreme court judges is more than enough, even if he did nothing else

So there was the initil MCAS pitch down error. But what is the second glitch?

link on manafort claims

I'm actually surprised that the problem was literally poo code. We all joked about it and probably suspected it when we first heard. But to think they actually let some street shitting, broken English spewing, technically illiterate, pajeet fucks write essential programs for a commercial airliner is a terrifying level of incompetence and callousness. The H1B should be completely eliminated, it's a liability that had gone from being a weapon of economic suppression against American citizens to an outright danger to their lives. Anyone who complains about said elimination of the visas should be shot, as it's easier than arguing with them and sets a good example for any other dissenters prioritizing their own performance bonuses over public safety or the welfare of their workers.

>actually believing Kavanaugh is hard right
go back to Jow Forumseddit sweetie, and don't forget to dilate.

and they wonder why the software is shit

Attached: YmkAuJq[1].gif (350x310, 1.92M)

>With a strong dollar, a big part of the attraction was price. Engineers in India made around $5 an hour; it’s now $9 or $10, compared with $35 to $40 for those in the U.S. on an H1B visa, he said. But he’d tell clients the cheaper hourly wage equated to more like $80 because of the need for supervision, and he said his firm won back some business to fix mistakes.

Pajeets BTFO

>Blaming the Indians
Stay classy, Boeing.

It wasn't the fact Boeing:
-only used 1 sensor so that they didn't have to classify MCAS as a safety critical system, in order to avoid months of delay because it would've required severe testing;
-and didn't mention anything about the software's behaviour in the training that was given to the pilots.

Nope, it were the Indians. Basically this only adds to the clusterfuck above: not only did Boeing avoid safety tests, they also hired Stack Overflow to write the software.

>claims
Look up his prosecution, it's all part of the public record.

He's farther right than a Hillary pick would have been.

Why can't we have actual EEs developing plane stuff, not some pa/g/eets?

>anything that isn't left wing is hard right.
better to have a conservative judge who respects the constitutional law than some screeching left wing judge like RBG who will use mental gymnastics to set a bad precedent because she has a political agenda.

Would you support H1Bs from western countries such as Canada or the UK

If it's not Airbus I'm not going.

the software industry is a fucking joke

If it is not Cessna, I'm not going.

> Implying a couple buses didnt go in because of AoA indicator issues

It's the "my nephew could do it much cheaper" culture. Those fucking companies don't want to pay for good software because they think it's not that important.

anything short of the death penalty is an injustice

EEs write shitty code second only to mathematicians.

EE:
>complex and fragile state machines
>code is a Gordian knot

Math:
>single letter variable names
>variable reuse
>densely packed, whitespace minimized code

How about some good embedded software engineers who are cautious and paranoid?

And?

You're a dumbass if you think $40/h makes the problem easier to fix or will be fixed better

Jai Hind!

Attached: 12312659813.jpg (800x450, 79K)

>out sourced the entertainment system

who cares

what is the point of learning to program
where are the jobs? who the fuck wants anyone's code?

maybe in 1995 this would be a job but what the fuck am i supposed to do in 2018+1, should I go into landscaping

So Pajeets are the eternal CNiles ruining the world?

> CNiles
I can't believe one person can make this many posts...

Hillary was center-right so yeah pretty accurate

Shhh, don't ruin the murkkan damage control. Imagine what would happen if their multi-national industry was to claim responsibility for their own reckless greed. Oh no no, the moral horror.

Attached: 1553959542776.jpg (828x468, 56K)

>Hillary was center-right so yeah pretty accurate
>actually believing that
You have to go back.

Attached: please_fuck_off_back_to_reddit.jpg (396x382, 41K)

I don't harbor the same (or any) contempt for technical professionals from Western countries that want to get a job in the US because they like the idea of keeping more than 30% of their pay. While they personally would likely command a salary equivalent to an American worker along with matching or exceeding their quality and thus not present the same issue, the reality is the visa is just too ripe for abuse and naming specific countries that can acquire the visas just means you'd end up with them being used as middlemen for pajeets to gain entry. Maybe in some hypothetically world where you can put "white applicants only" at the top of the visa form it would work, but in this one it's just the same problem with some additional steps in between.

> slaps sign out of ur hands
> makes smoochie to your girl face
> huge erection
> cums

The 'pede coolaid is as bitter as it comes, yet they keep suckling on that teat out of pure self-righteous contrarianism. They are the kind of people who would rather see a plane crash, than lose a fraction of their pride.

Attached: 1561466142833.png (640x640, 535K)

>>>>>>pol

POO IN THE LOO KILLED 189 + 157 on board 2 planes with their street shitting code

Christ. They don't even know what the BATch MANager is.

Keeping our border open pours in drugs supporting cartels which is why Mexico is one of the most violent places on Earth. It also gives us domestic problems related to drug and human trafficking and drug addiction.

>9 dollar engineers for a fucking plane

How many people need to die before companies wake up to themselves?

White people have lost their minds. Hundreds of people are dead because they wanted to save a few bucks...

Only Indonesians died, white people grounded their planes.

Attached: 2x1_1_8c2b7ca57f436c4617c4955147c6489e.png (2400x1200, 85K)

poo in loo

so much american cope. Americans designed the plane, ok'd the designs, double checked the work and tested it to make sure it was functioning properly. it did not. blaming it on pajeets ain't going to salvage their reputation.

>exploits innocent indians for peanuts an hour work
>gets peanuts quality
>HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN??

EEs are arrogant turbo retards who hack everything together typing with one hand and reference manual in the other. Large scale software development is about planning and procedure, it's simple but everyone from the top down needs to be thorough and hold everyone below them accountable. This is a case of the uninitiated half-assing use cases, something like this shouldn't even have been left up to contractor level developers, and QA should have been thorough enough to catch this. But in the first this should have been gone over thoroughly by PMs and architects before any work got passed down to the pajeets. The US government unironically needs to take an axe to the heads of some executives and middle managers for letting this happen.

If you're saying the FADEC code is an impossible street shitter mess, then yeah, I agree.

how do i get around the paywal

youtube.com/watch?v=OxPsxmU_ocI
Actually, previous Indonesian flight prevented shit from happening, but it is unpredictable and causes confusion, especially if you don't know shit exists.
Like my electric scooter, which starts riding on 2 phases instead of 3 for some weird reason. Unprepared person would fly into asphalt from it.

Nope.
I bet EEs would make PID control with two sensors as input, and system would give master caution if sensors mismatch n degrees.
In hardware, like FPGA or something like that. Fast and reliable.

>build new 737
>have to compete with fuel economy of A320
>737 airframe is too old, cant compete
>wut do
>make up-to-date current-year airplane
>needs new certification, customers could switch to Airbus
>no good
>put oversized engines on inadequate airframe causing airodynamic instability and a tendency to stall the aircraft, patch it all up with software
>awesome
>software needs two sensors to be safe if one sensor fails
>sensors could disagree
>need to show disagreement to pilot
>needs new training
>needs new simulators
>customers could switch to Airbus due to cost
>no good
>just use one sensor
>let single sensor override pilot imput with extreme authority to the point that a malfunctioning sensor flies the airplane into the ground
>awesome
>LionAir
>i-i-it's just Indonesian subhuman pilots and no one important died anyway
>EgyptAir
>oh shit
>fuck fuck fuck
>"the problem was poos in the loo"
>that's the ticket

Attached: 2amqvq.jpg (500x583, 86K)

If it is not Piper, I'm not going.

Attached: saveass.jpg (1076x668, 128K)

What is better, low wing, or high wing?

Attached: 300px-PiperPA-28-236DakotaC-GGFSPhoto4.jpg (299x225, 17K)

And what does that have to do with my post?

I trained in a Piper 150, so I'm biased, but with the high wings you get a better view of the ground with the wings not in the way.
To each their own, I guess.

It's no wonder these things are literally diving into the ground after take off

Hm. How do I get into planes? Should I fall for airbus driver meme?

I promise, I'm not Satan, and this plane is not going to hell. Yet.

Close to what is actually done,but no.
I actually work very closely with the software implementation of sensor monitoring for flight control systems.

>How do I get into planes?
Well, Satan, your local flight school usually has free or discounted first flights with a trainer.

> Should I fall for airbus driver meme?
You mean if you should be an Airbus pilot? Dunno, Airbus is latently competent enough to automate your job away.

Rajeed, please do one thing and log in.

>pls do the needful

>Spotted the EURO poor.
The 737 is NOT an unstable design.
The airframe was updated to accommodate the larger leap engines.
The hardware is fine, the software made by Indians isn't.

>Airbus pilot
Airplane is just a 3D bus. With more switches and fancy steering wheel. (stick is fancy steering wheel).
>Dunno, Airbus is latently competent enough to automate your job away.
Cool, so I can sit back, drink coffee and relax, while getting my daily dose of radiation.
I have doubts they can actually get rid of pilots, since software is kinda not reliable...
Hm... It is not free and not discounted. Expensive as fuck.

Nobody is ever gonna step on a 737 MAX ever again after this incident. I know I won't. Even the name looks cheap and scummy. Like Pepsi Max, it tasted like shit and was nothing like the original.

I will, but I will install Gentoo on it before flying.
I would test if tiling WM is a meme or no

>Expensive as fuck.
It was like $50 for an intro flight here locally. Granted, the training will cost more. But the intro flight should be fairly reasonable.

Hm. I guess I have been looking for a wrong thing.

Look for "discovery flight" or "introduction flight". Those are the free/cheap ones I'm speaking of. Training is expensive though, should you continue, no doubt.

>The airframe was updated to accommodate the larger leap engines.
That would have required a new type rating, which was a non-starter for Boeing management

Maybe in 3rd world countries where the crashes happen. Here in America piliots get real training regardless of whether its an ipad or not, they literally better trained in general. I trust my pilot to actually simply flip the system off.

It is like "first dose is free" sort of thing I guess.

>The airframe was updated to accommodate the larger leap engines.
Except the hardware was literally why they had to design the safety feature in software that ended up killing everyone. You CANNOT fix bad hardware with software, at best you can mitigate the impact to some acceptable tolerance but this isn't a fucking CNC mill or even a crane. It's a fucking mainstream vehicle made for normal civilians who expect nothing to go wrong because that's what they've been promised

Yes, it absolutely is. I caught the bug first time up.

Cope.

Sure, because american pilots don't trust american planes.

>lose my health insurance
>lose my job
>polluted rivers
>earthquakes

Has any of this happened? lmao

Yeah, fracking tend to cause miniquakes, it's pretty well known. Ymmv how big of a problem it really is.

>whitespace minimized code
this sounds like a good thing

EE and Math niggers make best soft ware.

>should I go into landscaping
Yes. There will always be a need for good looking yards.

>people lost health insurance and their jobs under trump
>river pollution at all caused by trump
are american boomers a different breed of boomer?

Attached: 1517850207236.jpg (248x203, 11K)

You have no idea how bad it is here.

the fact that rajiv is willing to cheat the audit system means that you shouldn't outsource

they are untrustworthy people

>Ex.IBM Employee
"Employee", not programmer or manager or something
probably level 1 tech support

no, the hardware isn't fine. the modifications to the MAX had a undesirable effect of potentially causing a fatal AOA stall. the design was bad, they had hoped to fix it with software, and that too was bad. so no matter how you try to cut it, Boeing designed the plane poorly. stop covering for corporations you fucking shithead.

congratulations DURGA sir!