Remember when android was the windows 7 of mobile operating systems?

Remember when android was the windows 7 of mobile operating systems?
What the fuck happened?

Attached: NexusS.png (600x800, 192K)

If you had a mac or ipad you had an iphone
If you had a windows PC you had an android
If you had linux installed you kept your cell phone like the neckbeard you were

Mac - iOS
W10 - Windows mobile
W7 - Android
Linjx - BB10

this

Mid 2010 androids were aesthetic as fuck. Modern bezelless phones look like shit in comparison.

Attached: SAM-i9250-W-2.jpg (500x500, 72K)

>That Froyo/Gingerbread period
So comfy, I miss them already

Attached: 1476235230172.png (772x810, 348K)

sachesi4lyfe

Actually I remember when ICS first came out and I though like OMG what is this modern design

Take off the nostalgia goggles. Android used to be fucking terrible. Lagdroid used to be accurate.

>Remember when android was the windows 7 of mobile operating systems?
BlackBerry 10 was the Windows 7 of mobile operating systems. All others are absolute garbage from the start.

I do miss the holo theme and the hardware design back then was much more fun and phones were more different. But the screens are better now, no reason to have bezels if you can eliminate them. Notches are retarded tho (6T owner here)

What about Sailfish tho?

>Linux = BB10
>BB10
>proprietary horseshit with no support

>no reason to have bezels if you can eliminate them
to hold the phone, maybe?

why the fuck am i feeling nostalgia for that particular homescreen fuck you op

BB10 is QNX, not Linux at all

Greed on both Gooks companies and Google part

Have you ever actually owned a bezelless phone, and how small are your hands? Why do you insist on hamfisting it?

Why do you need bezels to hold the phone? Who the fuck holds their phone with their hand on the front side of the device?

That doesn't make any sense at all. My palm (or fingers) are always in the back and my fingers on the edges. How else could you possibly hold a phone? I just can't fathom that.

There will never be a phone as perfect as this.
Zoomers will never know.

Attached: hero.jpg (280x280, 7K)

Nah niggs try the Evo with that kickstand.

>Linjx - BB10
>instead of OS that literally has a Linux kernel

Attached: 60028599_357544915111245_2847594167998087168_n.jpg (320x320, 16K)

I had this one but gray

google fucked it all up, and allowed all those shit tier spamvertisers to flood google-playstore with spammy adware apps

i am on my last android phone, i wont get another one when it comes time to buy another phone, i will buy a dumb phone that only does phone calls and text & voicemail, no more google, no more playstore, google has become as bad a facebook

Android went to shit after kitkat

I mean, yeah there are tons of shit apps but that's any OS. It's just evident on phones because of the centralized download hub.

Agreed. KitKat on Nexus 5 was pure bliss. Everything since then has been small changes to make the OS more gay. For some reason they don't even follow their own material guidelines.

Shit I still have my Google Nexus S somewhere in my house.